PDA

View Full Version : How to lower the PSI?

Blue Spyder
01-31-2008, 07:19 PM
First of all, thanks to everybody who helped me with my Cocking Problem. Now since the issues have been resovled I want to know how to lower my PSI. I have a slight idea on how to Lower the PSI. (Use the allen wrench by the On/Off). But do you guys have any tips for me so I dont (%$* up my gun. And what should I have the pressure at?

deano 177
01-31-2008, 08:46 PM
I got mine set around 270 on the marker. There is an allen on the ASA/reg. Turning it in makes the pressure go down and turning it out makes the pressure go up. Mine was set way high when I started and I pegged then needle above 300. To start I would turn it in maybe 2 full turns. Make sure that the on/off is turned back from the off position about a 1/4 turn. If you turn it all the way to off, mine will vent the pressure out of the marker and tank. Put your bottle on and slowly turn the on/off to the on position. You should be able to watch the needle move slowly. When turning the valve on, if the pressure gets too high, turn the allen in a little bit. You definately want the on/off opened all the way. Once you're there then use the allen to fine tune the pressure. I have read that when breaking in the new reg you should run it at about 300psi but I set mine at 270 and have not had any recocking issues. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj145/dean0177/Paintball/DSC01432-1.jpg

Doc77
01-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Follow ^^ instructions on how to adjust your pressure. Keep your pressure at around 250-280psi when you first start using your marker. After a few cases of paint, you will be able to lower it down a bit. I started my VS2 at around 275. I've gone through about 3-4cases of paint, and now I'm running at 210. If you start to have recocking problems, then your pressure is too low so turn it up a bit. Don't go above 300 or you'll blow your gauge.

Blue Spyder
02-01-2008, 06:32 AM
So my tank should be on and the on off should be on. Then I slowly turn the Allen key slowly left until it turns to about 250. Should I stop fire then turn a bit more and then fire etc

Doc77
02-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Yup, just plug your tank in and twist the ASA knob until you hear the gas go through the lines. At this point, the gauge will tell you what pressure you are at. To turn the psi up, use the Allen wrench and turn it counter clockwise. The gauge needle will go up accordingly. When turning the pressure down, the gauge will not register the drop in pressure unless you fire the gun (it has to release the pressure that is already in the lines before it will register the lowered pressure). For now, set your pressure between 250-280. If the marker doesn't recock at 250, then turn it up a bit until it does recock. Also, put a couple drops in the ASA before you put your tank on, then dry fire it a few times to get the oil through the gun.

deano 177
02-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Also, put a couple drops in the ASA before you put your tank on, then dry fire it a few times to get the oil through the gun.
I didn't do that with mine. With all the people freaking out about getting petrolium oil in the reg of your hpa I figured I would keep the oil as far away from mine as possible. Dont want no boom-boom. At least not that kind any way!:D

So my tank should be on and the on off should be on. Then I slowly turn the Allen key slowly left until it turns to about 250. Should I stop fire then turn a bit more and then fire etc Yes, you should turn it on a little bit. Not wide open. You dont want to bust the guage first time out.

Blue Spyder
02-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Being on that topic what kind of Oil should I buy. I herd about Gold Cup. Does that have any Pertrolium in it. What kinds should I not get because of petrolium in it.

Zues
02-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey i have a High Pressure tank 45/45 and i just went through a case of paint 2000 balls. And I am running around 280/290.. Is this a good pressure? Also why do people want to get to the point where they can lower the pressure as low as it cna go? does it make the gun beter?

Doc77
02-19-2008, 12:23 AM
I am running at about 215psi and getting 280fps. Running at a lower psi helps in a couple areas. You will hear a lot of people talk about efficiency....I get around 1400+ shots on a 68/45 tank, but I never really worry about how much air I use because the fields I play at have unlimited fills. The main reason, for me at least, is that it's more gentle on the paint. There have been times when I have broken paint because the pressure pushing the paintball out breaks the shell....it usually happens if the paint is a bit older (sitting on the shelf of the store for a long time) or if they have been stored improperly (extremes of temperature).....this results in the shell of the paintball becoming more brittle. If you're not breaking any paint at 280psi and you get unlimited air fills at your field, then you don't have to worry.