PDA

View Full Version : mr1 bolt question

bud689
01-30-2008, 07:12 AM
i purchased a new mr1, played one afternoon, i have took apart to lube everything, and noticed the bolt has some good scratches in it. is this normal? gun works fine, just was curious about the scratches on the bolt toward the end by the detent. on the box it says it has the delrin bolt, it is grey in color and feels like metal or aluminum, it is light. i cleaned everything up and oiled, and all is fine, but should i need to know something about this?

bud689
01-30-2008, 07:28 AM
ok i did some more searches on here, and it seems to me this is normal. if it is not please inform me otherwise. thanks.

deano 177
01-30-2008, 06:01 PM
Yea, it happens. You can get some real fine sand paper, take your orings off and sand the spots down. Check out your striker, too. There will be some wear spots on it. Polish it up nice to get less friction.

N_Dub_Spyder
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, it is normal for scratches. If you want to eliminate further wear, get a derlin bolt :waytogo:

camo_mr1
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
i tryed sanding the scratches but they just came back and i cant see why

N_Dub_Spyder
02-04-2008, 02:52 PM
i tryed sanding the scratches but they just came back and i cant see why

Yeah that is why I went ACP. It is not really that bad for the marker, but I didn't like it. There are many more benefits of a new bolt. You should def consider it for like $30.