PDA

View Full Version : tattoo ?s

calebh
01-29-2008, 09:40 PM
about 2 years ago, back when i couldn't get a tattoo and thus wanted one badly, i drew up a design, figuring if i still liked when i could actually get it done, i just might do it.

a couple of days ago, i thought about it again... and now i'm curious... lol. so anyway... i know pretty much nothing about tattoos, so what do i need to know?

KingTutBaller
01-29-2008, 09:52 PM
find a clean place, with a good reputation. Ask around locally where a good place to start asking questions would be... if you're looking for a certain style, black and grey, coloured, portrait, tribal etc., different studios will often have artists that excel in one of those styles, so try to find the best artist to suit your style... Ask them to see their portfolio and get a good idea of the quality of their art. Obviously, don't goto someone cheaper and possibly come out with a nasty tattoo, it can end up being pricey, (size, colour, quality) but most places are very fair with prices, and you'll get what you pay for. make sure you're comfortable with the artist, I wouldn't give them your business unless they've got a good attitude and seem quite friendly.

druid
01-30-2008, 07:44 AM
shave the area getting the tat before you go...and hope that you have a good tolerance to pain

bamf-hacker
01-30-2008, 08:22 AM
shave the area getting the tat before you go...and hope that you have a good tolerance to pain

Not needed and Not needed

They will shave the area, even if you already did it. And Tat's don't really hurt. They are more annoying than anything. (I have lots :))

calebh
01-30-2008, 08:43 AM
and hope that you have a good tolerance to pain
haha that's not a problem at all.

what about covering it up and stuff? ppl always say that it should be able to be hidden or something for work if necessary. true? if i actually got it done, i would want to put it on the inside of my forearm, but not so much if i'd have to hide it all the time anyway. a long sleeve shirt wouldn't be that much trouble, though, but then it gets pretty hot here. i don't know...

bamf-hacker
01-30-2008, 08:48 AM
I have 7 tat's now and all of them are covered by standard office clothes.

I guess it all depends what you want to do for a living. I am in corporate America and tat's on your forearms or tats that are visible are looked down upon. So I guess the best thing to do is think of your long term plan and go from there. i would love a forearm tat, but that is not happening until I am ready to either retire or change jobs.

DFSniper
01-30-2008, 09:51 AM
my friend's dad worked at a tatoo shop, and he said to always ask if the artist uses a single-needle or triple-needle. the single needle makes finer lines, which usually means the artist has better control, while a triple-needle is thicker and can make the lines look straighter when theyre not, or something like that. so, in general, if they're very good artists, they'll use a single-needle.

xsvly-fat
01-30-2008, 10:08 AM
hope that you have a good tolerance to pain
why would he need a good tolerance of pain it just feels like a marshmellow rubbing on you :dodgy:

calebh
01-31-2008, 08:40 AM
why would he need a good tolerance of pain it just feels like a marshmellow rubbing on you :dodgy:
lol like i said, that's not a problem at all. i have a pretty huge tolerance for pain.

I have 7 tat's now and all of them are covered by standard office clothes.

I guess it all depends what you want to do for a living. I am in corporate America and tat's on your forearms or tats that are visible are looked down upon. So I guess the best thing to do is think of your long term plan and go from there. i would love a forearm tat, but that is not happening until I am ready to either retire or change jobs.
that sucks... i'm still not sure what i'm going to do with my life, but i have a few ideas, and none of them really involve corporate america, but i'm not ruling anything out yet. i really don't know if i'd want it anywhere other than on the inside of my left forearm (there is a point to it, even if it is mostly arbitrary lol) also, how much would it cost?

what about this freedom2ink stuff? anybody know anything more about it? here's the website, http://www.freedom2ink.com apparently, it's been in development for a while... release date was last year, but nothing's been updated as far as i can tell....

druid
02-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Well...I have a large one on my right shoulder which is naturally covered by any shirt with short sleeves...but my job entails beating inmates into compliance so it really doesn't matter if it's seen or not.

Now the content of the tattoo could become a problem, depending on the nature of what you intend to stick there for the rest of your life, is...I suggest against any "societal hot topic" or other "controversial" depiction...if you catch my drift....

druid
02-01-2008, 11:03 PM
Well...I have a large one on my right shoulder which is naturally covered by any shirt with short sleeves...but my job entails beating inmates into compliance so it really doesn't matter if it's seen or not.

Now the content of the tattoo could become a problem, depending on the nature of what you intend to stick there for the rest of your life, is...I suggest against any "societal hot topic" or other "controversial" depiction...if you catch my drift....