PDA

View Full Version : Fox Ranking the 07 pats 3rd of all time

king-man
01-29-2008, 02:52 PM
I found this ariticle on msn today wher fox ranked the pats 3rd of all time,
"3. 2007 New England Patriots: We're assuming they whip the Giants and go 19-0. My only reservation with calling them the best ever is that they were fortunate to play six games in a woefully weak AFC East. Unlike the 49ers and Cowboys, who had quality division foes and strong conference opponents, the Patriots whipped their division foes by a margin of 153 points, with a league-record 589 points. Heck, the best quarterback they faced in the AFC East might have been Bills rookie Trent Edwards. The Patriots' greatest accomplishment was beating six playoff teams during the regular season while unleashing a passing offense featuring Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney, Ben Watson, Donte' Stallworth and Kevin Faulk. If you think the Chargers beat up on Brady last Sunday, both the 49ers and Cowboys had better defenses. The Patriots haven't seen a back seven as talented as San Francisco's in 1984."
jsut thought some of yoiu people who think this years pats are the greatest, this might shut you up
you can read the rest here (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7720464?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10838)

TheRedBarron
01-29-2008, 04:19 PM
I think the reverse bandwagon is funny...

king-man
01-29-2008, 04:29 PM
i really hope the patriots lose, even though i wouldnt bet on it, i hope they lose,
History
XL:Rothlesburger
XLI:Manning
XLII:Manning
gotta admit back to back mannings would be pretty cool, and seeing tom brady cry after he lost:)

marvin-martian
01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
gotta admit back to back mannings would be pretty cool, and seeing tom brady cry after he lost:)

machines dont cry

newkid
01-29-2008, 04:33 PM
seeing tom brady cry after he lost:)

machines dont cry

:yeahthat:

pbfreak3221
01-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Not surprised.

badlandsrox
01-29-2008, 04:41 PM
machines dont cry

they do leak oil though, so somehow, someway his tears are actually oil. but i am also goin for the patriots to win.

TheRedBarron
01-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Open bet $500 on the pats...

deano 177
01-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Open bet $500 on the pats to lose...
You might get someone to take you up on that!:D

TheRedBarron
01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
I would also like to point out that Fox is rather dumb for comparing a modern team... ANY modern team to a past team, look at the size of the Patriots O-Line compared to that of the D-Lines of any of the other teams they listed, if they are simply stating that the patriots haven't face talent like the other teams they are dumb because yes the other teams were talented but honestly they were good in their time because they sized up well with the other players at the time, look at the size of ALL of the players now and their physical ability compared to that of the past... it isn't even a contest, and for that sole reason the 2007 Patriots= the best team ever, you cant compare athletics of old to athletics of new... I didnt read that article because I hate Fox with a passion, I think Joe Buck is the most useless human on the face of the planet. Madden has more valid opinions than Buck IMO...

king-man
01-30-2008, 04:08 AM
eh, you got a good point but lok at the patriots, the only team that was good that they didnt smoke were the colts, and every easy team they struggled with, they should have lost to the ravens which would have been a heratbreaker and nowhere nere best of all time

XSiv Force
01-30-2008, 06:16 AM
I think we know where you stand

bigred76
01-30-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree with Matt... The Pats this year are one of the greatest teams of all time, whether you like it or not... you might as well enjoy watching them win, too, as it's history in the making. ;)

DFSniper
01-30-2008, 10:01 AM
ok, i care very little about football, but ive always enjoyed watching the superbowl. considering the acts of the half-time shows over the past couple of years, i'm surprised that they picked Tom Petty to play (although we hopefully won't have to worry about any wardrobe malfunctions!).

on another note, my economics teacher went to school with tom brady!

bigred76
01-30-2008, 11:44 AM
My girlfriend's mom played baseball against Barry Bonds. :nododgy: