PDA

View Full Version : Apex and Flatline not soo good ?!?!

Paint Noob
01-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Hmm Ive been debating this on the MR1 fourms and ive decided to bring it to a wider debating audiance! Here is it and post your comments....."Well its opinion, mixed with conditons and what brand of paint. Im using draxxus midnight lol but im playing in canada so the colds bound to affect the ball. All im saying is this (i mihgt as well make a new thread)...When your ball goes out of the barrel its going a certin speed, lets say 280fps, when the apex puts the spin it dosent affect the speed the balls going at, only the rotation of the ball. The rotation that the balls going at only throws a ball in that ariea. But if you use a SP 14" liniar and a apex going at the same speed, the apex will probably go farther but it needs a speed for it to break. Since the ball isnt gaining any speed from the apex tip they are both going relitivly the same speed! Anyone disagree?"......Opinions??

WhatThaSmurf
01-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Dude, I don' even know what that is asking, but I will tell you that I am against the Flatline and the Apex. If they aren't lined up properly, or become misaligned during play, they throw balls in odd directions. So therefore while the concept is good, it is poorly done, making them suck.

deano 177
01-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Dude, I don' even know what that is asking, but I will tell you that I am against the Flatline and the Apex. If they aren't lined up properly, or become misaligned during play, they throw balls in odd directions. So therefore while the concept is good, it is poorly done, making them suck.

Ha ha:rolleyes: . I think, I sort of understand the question. The bottom line is that it doesn't matter if you shoot 280 out of the apex or 280 out of the other barrel. It is still going 280. Noob, you are correct with what you are saying (I think:) ). The apex and flatline puts back spin on the ball to create lift. It makes the ball spin in the air and when the ball spins it will "climb" in the direction of the spin. If you have ever seen an flatline on upside down you will see this effect. The ball will only go about 25 feet before it hooks down into the ground. Kindof like this:

:tank: ---------------------.......
_____________________________----:flame: ______________________

So when the ball achieves lift from spinning, it will slow down at the same rate as other balls but keep flying because of the lift. This will effect impact velocity. And you get bounce offs....

:tank:-----------------------------------------------------------:yay:
________________________________________________:( '''''_

Sandman_Bravo
01-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Most people who buy them regret it eventually.

slim and shady
01-29-2008, 11:36 AM
I bought it and love it and I have refered alot of people on this page to the Apex and they love it to. I havent had alot of bounce off's not even enough to notice. The idea of using different barrels with the apex tip wont make it go farther but it will give you for example 20 feet more of ACCURATE flight, where with the normal apex the ball would just float away. it doesnt make it go farther but rather keeps it under control a little longer. I like the apex but it takes some getting used to I will tell you the same thing I told everyone else I refured to it, if you can try one at your local PB feild or barrow a friends do it before you buy one. The Apex isnt for everyone, it does take practice. With all this being said dont be scared of peoples opinions about the barrel talk to people who own them and have experience with them, some like them some dont. On a closing note I would also just like to mention Vike was selling one in the BST section of this group a few weeks back I think she still has it and would probably sell it for cheep. If you look on this form there are alot of previouse discussions about this vey topic.

newkid
01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
My friend has one and he swears by it, and I do to it is amazing for long range

applesauce
01-31-2008, 02:36 PM
yea, they can do some neat things, but after 80 feet, the bounce ratio jumps way up. so unless your getting goggle or gun hits, they probably wont break.