PDA

View Full Version : Paint/barrel match

SBDboy
01-29-2008, 07:57 AM
I have read that matching the paint size to the barrel is a big feature in accuracy. How true is this?

If so, what paint has been good in a stock MR1?

So far I like Game Face Visible Impact best.

WhatThaSmurf
01-29-2008, 08:25 AM
I can answer part 1: it is very true. Think about it, you want a good enough seal so that the gas behind the paint can propel it forward, but notso tight a seal that the inside of the barrel puts a lot of friction on the ball. As to the rest of the question, I don't own an MR1, so I have not put paint through one before.

slim and shady
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM
I like Draxxus Rec sport

N_Dub_Spyder
02-04-2008, 12:15 PM
This has been addressed in quite a few other forums. I will answer again though. The bore of the stock barrell is large enough to fire all .68 paintballs. "Marble" is usually the best for most barrells, but is expensive. Just stay away from the junk out there. Ex: Brass Eagle, low end zap etc... Stinger and Heat are pretty good mid grade paints. Best of luck!

KingJester
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Ive got to say between Stinger and Heat I prefer Stinger, the Heat paint caused havoc on my MR1 and my Ricochet Apache. The paint broke in the hopper and in barrel. Perhaps it was a bad box because I noticed dimples on the paint which seems to be a bad sign.

The question should be which paint is better in the Winter and Summer? I heard that Heat is more a summer paint which may be why it sucked so much the day I used it which was in Feb. roughly high 50s.

Ive been playing only a few months and the paint I like so far has to be Fluid Monsoon ( I read somewhere online that it was a JT product just under another name). Nice, thick paint decent seam, if there was a dimple on paint it quickly filled out after I turned the bag and let it sit a few minutes. I did have 3 breaks in hopper which is probably caused by some of the paint having a brittle shell my hopper seemed to poke a hole the shell causing paint to leak out which is probably why paint broke in the barrel.

I tested out the same paint in my MR2 with Halo B and had ball breaks at the end of the barrel probably because of pressure put on the ball and the brittle shell of the specific ball.

DFSniper
03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
i used Origin Basic Training ($40 a case at the field) and its got a semi-thick shell and very thick fill.

the problem with paint-to-bore match brand-wise is that a lot of times manufacturers arent 100% consistent with the size of their paintballs. they design .68 paint, not .687 or .682. thats where a barrel kit really comes in. figure out what bore works best with that bag/case of paint, and then recheck the size when you switch to a new box.

irishwarrior
03-11-2008, 03:43 PM
PLEASE, search ALL of the forums before you ask. This kind of question can be answered the same way for all barrels/guns.

Anyway, here you go:

Just put the barrel parallel to the ground, and put a paintball in the barrel. If you can blow the ball out easily enough, it' s a good match, if it just falls out it's too small and if you have to blow with all your might it's too big. Just try out a couple of types and see what works,and like DFSniper said, a barrel kit would be a worthy addition if accuracy is incredibly important to you.

bigred76
03-11-2008, 04:17 PM
:yeahthat: To be more specific, here's a couple links to help you figure out paint to bore match:

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/barrelc.html

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/paintc.html