PDA

View Full Version : PMI Piranaha

XSiv Force
01-29-2008, 06:24 AM
A few months ago, I bought a PMI Piranaha. It had some smoke damage, but nothing too bad (just needed paint). Its a nice gun, but it will only do single shots. When fired the bolt goes alway down, but comes back but not enough to load or activate the trigger again. What can i do to resolve this? Any ideas?:confused:

kramernator
01-29-2008, 08:43 AM
make sure that the regulator is set high enough. what does your gauge read?

druid
01-29-2008, 12:16 PM
These "twins" are mine...does your marker look like these? If yes...there's no regulator on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/druidsdecendant/Paintball/PMI%20Pirahna/fe9c859d.jpg

If that's the case it's a Spyder clone and is likely a bad striker ORing. It's a rear-cocking, fatty striker system. ActionVillage has them...search PMI and look for the BLUE Orings (or may be green)...as they are a different thickness than the Red standard Spyder and black/nitrile or white Polyurathane bottle ORings. It needs to be the marker-specific size to work properly...and use a bit of oil on them...or Dow33.

Or if you look in the VA, you'll see a copper screen-block inside the hole and it's probably blocked by CO2 garbage.

Remove the VA from the marker and any ORings...

Take a small drill bit and drill a hole into that mesh and use an easy-out to remove it. It's just a bundle of screen forced into the hole but it's hard as Hell to remove unless you drill it and easy-out it. The block should be about 1/4" deep so don't drill in too far...just enough to get the easy out into it and remove it.

Rinse it out with fresh water to get all the little bits of wire out. Dry throroughly and replace/oil the ORings and then reattach.

XSiv Force
01-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes mine looks like the bottom one except mine looks likea BEE (yellow and black)

druid
01-29-2008, 08:09 PM
It's a typical recocking issue then...follow ^that^ to remedy the issue. 10-1 it's a bad O-Ring. Change that before removing the CO2 screen. If it still fails you after replacing the O-Rings, then remove the filter.

XSiv Force
01-30-2008, 02:24 PM
What is an easy out? I cant think of what it looks like. Maybe i have one but call it something else.

bigred76
01-30-2008, 03:15 PM
It's the thing that you use to unscrew a screw by turning it backasswards. The threads are reverse, so when you turn it, it bites into the screw and unscrews it at the same time. Normally you use a low torque tool, such as a crescent wrench, on a hexagonal (I think that's the right number of sides...) segment on the back.

XSiv Force
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
like a cork screw

XSiv Force
01-30-2008, 04:10 PM
Is the copper thing a screw or am i able to use a normal screw and pull it out

druid
01-30-2008, 07:16 PM
An easy-out looks like a reversed drill bit. As you "unscrew it" (turn counter-clockwise) it actually screws into the material and "bites" into it.

The copper is layered wire mesh screening...it actually forms a thick plug.

Drill into it using a really small bit...say...1/16" bit and insert the smallest easy-out in the pack (usually 4 to a pack). Turn it counter clockwise so it bites into the mesh and at least 1/2-way in and then yank it straight out. You could probably do the same thing with a decent sized screw and pliers...but the easy outs worked great for me.

XSiv Force
02-01-2008, 12:37 PM
What is the diiference between a spyder striker o-ring and a pirahanas?

pb34
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
These "twins" are mine...does your marker look like these? If yes...there's no regulator on it.

If that's the case it's a Spyder clone and is likely a bad striker ORing. It's a rear-cocking, fatty striker system. ActionVillage has them...search PMI and look for the BLUE Orings (or may be green)...as they are a different thickness than the Red standard Spyder and black/nitrile or white Polyurathane bottle ORings. It needs to be the marker-specific size to work properly...and use a bit of oil on them...or Dow33.

Or if you look in the VA, you'll see a copper screen-block inside the hole and it's probably blocked by CO2 garbage.

Remove the VA from the marker and any ORings...

Take a small drill bit and drill a hole into that mesh and use an easy-out to remove it. It's just a bundle of screen forced into the hole but it's hard as Hell to remove unless you drill it and easy-out it. The block should be about 1/4" deep so don't drill in too far...just enough to get the easy out into it and remove it.

Rinse it out with fresh water to get all the little bits of wire out. Dry throroughly and replace/oil the ORings and then reattach.

That's the difference.

XSiv Force
02-01-2008, 02:51 PM
sorry brain farted......it smelled