PDA

View Full Version : Polishing a striker

king-man
01-29-2008, 05:49 AM
how do you polish a striker and does it allow you to operate at a lower pressure
sorry i meant striker

swoosh81
01-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Check the stickies for a link to otters.

Doc77
02-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Link to Otters page for polishing internals

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/polishing.html

spray and pray
02-02-2008, 12:57 PM
I have a pic of a polished striker in my sig (pic in gearbag sale). Took a long time to polish it as much as I did. It allowed me to drop my psi by a VERY small amount. it raised my velocity.

vikingshadow
02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Took me all of 30 minutes to polish mine way back when I did it.

Take a cordless screw driver, a dowel rod and some duck tape. Attach the bolt or striker to the dowel rod, put the dowel rod in the cordless screwdriver and turn it on. Wrap sandpaper around it and sand until finished. Use some very fine sandpaper. I used 880 and 1000 grit paper. Wipe it down really well.

After you finish with the sandpaper, put some Mother's Mag polish on the piece, get a soft cloth and run the screwdriver again. (I actually used a dremel and a polishing wheel to polish mine which was really fast. But in the absence of a dremel, the screwdriver works fine.)

I did it in the time it took to watch a sitcom, and did it sitting on the couch.

spray and pray
02-02-2008, 01:33 PM
wow, Mine wasn't that easy......

alabama_lowlife
02-02-2008, 05:01 PM
i can polish a spyder striker in about 2-3 minutes. polishing is a bit of a hobby that i do to make a little money when i want to buy something or trade labor with others. it's mostly car parts, but almost all of my friends have polished internals since it take about 10-15 minutes to strip and polish the internals.