PDA

View Full Version : First Run With the VS3

deano 177
01-27-2008, 07:54 PM
So I got my vs3 last week and I got to play with it this weekend. I really liked it and it is a definate step up from the mr series. It is stock and I have done nothing to it except put the VS2 trigger on. I took some advice from the forums and broke the marker down and lubed it up pretty well. I didn't pull the filter from the reg or even put oil in it. I'm worried about contaminating my HPA tank.:eek: Aside from the feed neck the marker is really solid. I think I only broke one ball but that probably was the paint. I was shooting some old Diablo heat that had dimples and was really soft to the touch. Whacha gonna do? I cant throw out a case of paint just cause its old.:p Any way I tuned the reg and had it set at 300 on the marker's gauge. I didn't have any issues with it recocking. The only thing that sucked was that the guy where I get my air filled could only put about 2500psi in the tank.:mad: He said he didn't get his tanks filled so I ended up only being able to put about 700 rounds through it before I had to switch to my MR1. So atleast I have a backup now!:) The only thing that sucked about that was the crummy paint was getting chopped up in the MR1. I even had it jam so bad that I had to take it apart and pick the shell out so I could pull the bolt back. I might switch back to the Nelson brand. That paint is ok but sometimes it doesn't break. So now I guess I'm on the hunt for a feed neck for the VS3.

By the way, do you guys like the grease or oil better for this marker? When I took it apart the bolt had grease on the o-rings but the stryker and the exspansion chamber bolts were pretty dry.

deano 177
02-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, I have finally gotten acustom to playing with this marker. I have to say... this marker will smoke a tippy in a heart beat. I have finally gotten a good loader and it makes all the differance in the world. I was smokin' guys left and right today. I probably had 20 eliminations to getting eliminated 5 times today. This marker with the stock board makes it easy to over shoot on guys. I almost feel bad for the other guys:D. Almost.

spray and pray
02-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Glad you like it. If you want to upgrade it get a reg first
To upgrade to an aftermarket red you will need a reg, asa, and a reg adapter. It will run you about $90 for a cp asa, hyper 2, and a ndz reg adapter. An aftermarket reg will give you 100x better performance. Anyways, I fealt the same way when I used my vs for the first time. it's much better than other spyders (not to flame).