PDA

View Full Version : New Hopper

pbfreak3221
01-27-2008, 10:50 AM
I am looking for another hopper to have just because I have really been feeling I should have another for back up behind my pulse, or have my pulse be back up. I was looking into the Magna, which I really like how it was designed. I also looked into the torque, and the Jrny. Any other suggestions, and/or opinnions on the options I suggested. As of now I'm strongly leaning towards the magna.

timbertiger20
01-27-2008, 11:02 AM
Go for the Magna................the Torque is a great hopper, however the battery life is horrid. I read on another forum a guy started playing at 9AM and turned it off between games and by 1PM it was dead and he was using two 9 volts. The Jrny is still a little iffy in my mind. The Magna has been highly praised by several people! The other less obvious choice would be an 18 volt Fasta, not expensive and from what I've heard able to hit mid 20's. It's also 4 oz. lighter than the competition!

xsvly-fat
01-27-2008, 11:59 AM
i just got a jr. and i think that is a great hopper the battery life isnt very good but it is fast and light

king-man
01-27-2008, 12:10 PM
The other less obvious choice would be an 18 volt Fasta, not expensive and from what I've heard able to hit mid 20's.
Dont Bet on it, i turned my gun up to 20bps and it couldnt hang with it, started chopping, but it works perfect on 15bps, really if your playing speedball you dont need that high becase psp is down to 13.33

chnk
01-27-2008, 02:00 PM
i have a vlocity, great hopper feeds like a dream. the only issue with it is when its feeding and i get a hopper hit at the same time, it becomes a blender.

the battery life is ok, not great though.

pbfreak3221
01-27-2008, 02:03 PM
I have had the Vlocity at two different times, and both times have settled on selling it. I just can't stand the way it feels/sits/looks on my marker.

bigred76
01-27-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't know, I love my VLocity JR... It has a Gangstar chip and a speedfeed, and it is EVERYTHING I could want in a hopper. :shrug:

If not a VLocity, a Fasta or Magna'd be for you. My theory with hoppers is that if it can keep a consistent speed, or near consistent speed higher than 20bps, it should do a damn good job come tournament time at whatever BPS you're setting it to (be it 15bps or 13.33bps). ;)

Muddytaco
01-27-2008, 02:59 PM
really if your playing speedball you dont need that high becase psp is down to 13.33

There is more to speedball then just PSP rules.

VS2 King
01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
i use a halo v35 with rip and its the best hopper i have had so far anyways.:p

chnk
01-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I have had the Vlocity at two different times, and both times have settled on selling it. I just can't stand the way it feels/sits/looks on my marker.

i like the ways it feeds, is just more consistent than my halo ever was. the way it sits on my gun feels weird also. The looks bother me too. i'm highly considering a torque i like how it sits and feels but i havent heard very good things about it

pbfreak3221
01-27-2008, 03:40 PM
I have heard that it is cheap, and eats batteries like no other. I think I will most likely get the magna, I love how it looks with the Carbon Fiber shell.