PDA

View Full Version : 06 Elec Uped/Modded

HeadShot
01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Alrighty then. My 06 Elec is finnaly done. There is still some parts grinding that I have to do (the drop, and my pull back screw, also was thinking about halfbacking it). It took me a while to make and I have paint sceme for it already.
It'll be Ano - white with black spider web pinstriping and on the side in red will be "spyder electra" like it has on it already. I can't wait to get it done, but I'm having problems trying to fine a place localy that dose all of this.
Sorry about the egg door

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintball2001.jpghttp://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintball2002.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintballgun055.jpghttp://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintballgun053.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintballgun052.jpg

MVS1
01-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Lookin good....Not to be a ****, but you know you can cut that macro-line so it's a straight shot to the bottom of the reg, right? And could you take a closer pic of what you've got go'n on w/the egg?

***Edit, I just noticed this is my 1002nd useless post, I broke 1K and didn't even notice***

HeadShot
01-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Lookin good....Not to be a ****, but you know you can cut that macro-line so it's a straight shot to the bottom of the reg, right? And could you take a closer pic of what you've got go'n on w/the egg?

Of course! I was using my mac line from my AC and I just found my electra mac line. and that Batt door is broke on the egg, I have a nother egg that I can canibalize.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintballgun058.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintballgun059.jpg

MVS1
01-26-2008, 09:04 PM
Much better on the macro-line, and that's cool on the egg< it looked like a 3 9v mod that had gone horribly wrong :D. Nice setup :up:

newkid
01-27-2008, 06:59 AM
nice, is that a spego feedneck I see?

HeadShot
01-27-2008, 11:15 AM
nice, is that a spego feedneck I see?

yes it is! :D I realy think it turned out great. I'm probably going to counter sink the feedneck screw holes and put on flat screws. then cut the feedneck even lower. thing is I need a countersink!

SupaSnipa
01-27-2008, 11:35 AM
Looks pretty good, personally I'm not one for drops..or spikes but hey, whatever works for you. I think it'll be sweet afeter you get it anno'd. I think it looks better top cocking but its all personal preferance, you should get a SD T-Board in there and run an LP setup, if you dont already have one and then it will be even sicker!

HeadShot
01-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I think it looks better top cocking but its all personal preferance, you should get a SD T-Board in there and run an LP setup, if you dont already have one and then it will be even sicker!

Yeah It's an lp syder. It shoots 280-300 fps @ <120 psi. Also depends on what spring set up I have inside the marker for that day. As far as the board goes its the stock board that came with my 06 Electra, It has eyes and the board works great. Its on an ESD frame that I had to mill out for the eye wires. I did a little tinkering with the wires and lightened the Triger Switch , polished up the sear, also have a response trigger switch installed, its inside the grip. And on the VS trigger I have put the magnet mod. basicaly I hit 30cps without trying. :p

I'll probably go back to top cocking after when I decide and do a halfback mill on this frame.

BPB Bandit Lp Bolt
ACP Delrin Striker
MM Rocket Valve
MM Spring set
Trin rev FB :rolleyes:
cp reg :rolleyes:
Ego feedneck

Ace24
01-27-2008, 08:33 PM
First off... it's hard to believe that it runs at 120PSi at those FPS. I didn't think a blow back would re-cock at less then 150... but maybe you've actually got one of the lowest pressure Spyders I've ever seen. The only way you can hit 30CPS without trying, is if you're trigger bouncing. I don't think the stock board is even capable of going faster then 16.

Also, why the roll eyes for the CP reg?

Oh and get ready to have puncture marks in your hands from that drop. Spikes + drop = bad idea. Your hand is going to slip/bump it down there and you're going to be in for a world of pain.

HeadShot
01-28-2008, 05:57 AM
I'll get a vid up so you can see it. also the board is caped at 30bps, I have hit 30cps without pb's with the R/t switched on. I can personaly hit 15 but I can only go for a sort length. Never experienced any shootdown .

I gave the cp rolleyes because I should have gone with a Stabilizer. I don't realy put my hands on the Drop when I play, so I'm not realy worried about it . Thanks for the heads up.

king-man
01-28-2008, 03:54 PM
you canget that thing to go 30bps??? on 120psi!!! i dont believe that, my vs wont get that on 250psi, or any psi for that matter, or is that thing a spimmy or sumthin

kramernator
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
not, that i don't believe you, (although its hard to believe) but i want to see that video that you were talking about!!

king-man
01-28-2008, 04:53 PM
not, that i don't believe you, (although its hard to believe) but i want to see that video that you were talking about!!

:yeahthat: thats what i meant, didnt mean to sound harsh

Hob Hayward
01-28-2008, 05:01 PM
30 CPS is definitely possible (I'd bet you could hit a 40-45cps with a tuned LP spyder). 120 psi, not so much. I have a feeling your gauge is shot if thatss what it reads.

I say that because I can get my imagine to recock at 150 psi, but nothing near those FPS's. I need 250 or so for stable recocking and solid velocity.

MVS1
01-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Yeah It's an lp syder. It shoots 280-300 fps @ <120 psi. Also depends on what spring set up I have inside the marker for that day. As far as the board goes its the stock board that came with my 06 Electra, It has eyes and the board works great. Its on an ESD frame that I had to mill out for the eye wires. I did a little tinkering with the wires and lightened the Triger Switch , polished up the sear, also have a response trigger switch installed, its inside the grip. And on the VS trigger I have put the magnet mod. basicaly I hit 30cps without trying. :p

I'll probably go back to top cocking after when I decide and do a halfback mill on this frame.

BPB Bandit Lp Bolt
ACP Delrin Striker
MM Rocket Valve
MM Spring set
Trin rev FB :rolleyes:
cp reg :rolleyes:
Ego feedneck

Unless you have unlocked some secret that all of us that have been tuning LP spyders for some time now have missed I find your claim of 280-300fps @ 120psi or less hard to believe. Be real interested in seeing a video of it actually cycling and not "jack-hammering" at that pressure.

bigred76
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM
:yeahthat: Oh, and in that video, incorporate you airing up the marker, starting with the regulator off to show that the gauge is accurate. :)

HelpDeskHustler
01-29-2008, 02:28 AM
First off... it's hard to believe that it runs at 120PSi at those FPS. I didn't think a blow back would re-cock at less then 150...

My AMG would function out of the box at around 150-200. Plenty of people have gotten sub 100psi on spyders.

king-man
01-29-2008, 05:47 AM
is there any secret to getting a vs to operate that low, i got a cp reg but i have to have it 250 to operate right, somethig is wrong with it, i think it might be the bolt swolen up but idk. id espicailly liek to get it to 30bps.

MVS1
01-29-2008, 05:55 AM
My AMG would function out of the box at around 150-200. Plenty of people have gotten sub 100psi on spyders.

Was it running on Co2 or HPA? W/Co2, an AMG bottomline reg, LPC and expansion chamber I had no problem running 180psi @~270 fps, however with the setup he has I could believe and would be impressed w/200-220 psi, especially if it was on HPA, but to be able to cycle consistantly at the ROF and FPS he claimed would be very impressive and I would like to see it.
And I would really like to see a spyder (in blow-back, not spimmy or anything else run below 100psi.

Sandman_Bravo
01-29-2008, 06:18 AM
I agree, when you get down too low in pressure you tend to have cup seal leaking, jack-hammering, and lousy efficiency. BTDTGTTSWIO

HeadShot
01-29-2008, 01:04 PM
ok all, I have ran into recocking issues that I have solved on my own.

I have a rocket valve, I'm able to increase or decrease the volume of air that goes through the valve by ways of adjusting srb. with that said volume of air either increases velocity or decreases velocity due to srb adjustments.

now with recocking issues I widened the blowback port of my rocket valve to allow said volume of air to push back my striker at lower pressures.

I can get my gun as low as 90 psi, but it works great at around 100-120 psi.
I was going to make the vid today but I have no air I'll have some tommorow. I'll work on the vid tommorow.

I have 3 dials I will use A brand new Dye 0-300 , Trinnity , and the stock spyder. dose that make everyone happy??

bigred76
01-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Not until I see a video. ;) Oh, and add to the list a segment on the internals, pull 'em out so I can see what you're talking about exactly.

king-man
01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
now with recocking issues I widened the blowback port of my rocket valve to allow said volume of air to push back my striker at lower pressures.

are you saying the hole that the pin goes thorugh you widened? towrads the striker.

HeadShot
01-29-2008, 09:00 PM
are you saying the hole that the pin goes thorugh you widened? towrads the striker.

No,that would be where my valve pin/seal cone is. its on the valve body itself . its a small relief cut on the striker end of the valve body. I just made that "Blowback Port" bigger with a little bit of sanding. I'll get a pic of mine and show you.

MVS1
01-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Headshot sounds like you very well may have came up w/something that is going to make the rocket valve very popular w/blow-backs, up until this, everybody has recommended their "personal" favorite when asked about what valve to use, appears you may have come across a singular feature that may put the rocket above the rest.
When you get the pic's and vid together this would be an excellent "how-to" w/pic's of the valve and modifications done to it, spring combinations, etc...for the "custom shop" section.

**Edit** Headshot I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind...
1. What did you set the dwell for (Did you go w/the stem being as recommended, shorter or longer)?
2. Did you shorten the ACP striker center pin to a length to allow the striker/hammer to travel farther forward?

If anybody is wondering what I'm talking about, here's a link that should answer your question...http://www.maddmanproducts.com/Home_Page/Spyder_Guide.html, scroll down for the info.

kramernator
01-31-2008, 08:56 AM
its been two days, i really look forward to seeing this.

if you would explain exactly what you did (and use pics or video) that would be awesome.

king-man
01-31-2008, 09:03 AM
dude i feel sorry for you, everybody and their brother is asking you for vids and pics now, lol, still im really looking forward to the video though

HeadShot
01-31-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah I know I know I know, I'm still waiting on my tank fill. I took the pics of my pnumatics so I'll post them when I get back home in the morning. I'm going with some of my co-workers this weekend to fox paintball so I'll beable to get it chroned.

all that I did to my ACP srtiker was just to even the center pin. I did not shorten it.

I kept the srb as long as I could as to make sure the cone seal would not hit the FB. I'm going to be milling out my frontblock all the way through. I'll probably do this tomorrow.

All righty here are the pics.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintball2003.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintball2005.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintball2007.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh122/HeadShotPB/paintball2006.jpg

Kenny_McCormic
02-03-2008, 07:38 AM
What kind of efficiency are you getting? Did you open up the transfer port between the top and bottom tubes?(look through the valve setscrew hole with a bright light going through the top tube if you dont know what im talking about)

kramernator
02-03-2008, 09:34 AM
where did you get that bolt and that striker?

king-man
02-05-2008, 01:16 PM
outa curiosity, will that valve work in a VS, if so im buin one

king-man
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
what happened to the vid, i wanted to see it