PDA

View Full Version : Spyder pilot velocity problems? please help

Aman546
01-26-2008, 04:58 PM
i just got a new gun(pilot acs) and it fired fine when i first got it but then when i was shooting one of the balls chopped but i kept firing through it think it wasn't that bad because i was trying the firing modes and then there was a back up of about 6 paint balls in mid barrel but not into the marker frame, so i took out the barrel and cleaned it and took apart the marker to clean it but when i reassembled the marker and shot the cocking bolt went back forward so i had to re cock it to shoot every time and the balls only went 10-20 feet so it seems like a gas problem or the velocity, i have took it apart and tried cleaning and tightening everything, i would prefer an answer that i can do myself but if no one can come up with an answer i can get it fixed or return it for a refund but that is a last resort because it is through the internet, any suggestions or help would be great

Kenny_McCormic
01-26-2008, 07:00 PM
Did you remove the valve? If so you might have put it in backwards, check that the big hole is facing forward. Also make sure the big black washer is behind the hammer not in front of it.

Aman546
01-26-2008, 07:09 PM
the valve? thats the thing that if you take out it can spin and i goes in the lower tube below the one you pull back when you cock

king-man
01-26-2008, 07:14 PM
??? i think your a little confused, the valve is the closest thing in the lower tube to the barrel end, it has a hole and two orings, one on each side of it with a pin through the middle

Aman546
01-27-2008, 05:05 AM
i dont think i took that out, is it usually silver?

king-man
01-27-2008, 07:21 AM
yeah that's it, did you have problems before you took the gun apart, is the gun brand new out of the box?

Kenny_McCormic
01-27-2008, 07:29 AM
http://www.ottersccustoms.com/assemble.html

Sandman_Bravo
01-27-2008, 09:00 AM
Before you take the marker back, take some time and watch a few of the tutorial videos on the kingman site; then familiarize yourself with your gun's parts. Try and disassemble the marker again and re-assemble with the aid of the videos and your manual's exploded view. I'm sure there's nothing major wrong with the marker, just a missed assembly step. Vids:
http://www.kingman.com/section/support/videos/videos.html
If you need any further help, post up in the Pilot section here. Good luck.

Aman546
01-27-2008, 02:35 PM
those videos look helpfull but i dont think that anwser why the cocking bolt goes in everytime. And i ordered it off the internet and fired it and everything was going fine, then i took it apart and oiled up some pieces and then fired again and it was still going fine, but when i was firing there was a chop and some paint got in the marker, and i cleaned it but after that it hasnt been firing right

Kenny_McCormic
01-27-2008, 03:26 PM
those videos look helpfull but i dont think that anwser why the cocking bolt goes in everytime. And i ordered it off the internet and fired it and everything was going fine, then i took it apart and oiled up some pieces and then fired again and it was still going fine, but when i was firing there was a chop and some paint got in the marker, and i cleaned it but after that it hasnt been firing right

Then what you need to do is completely strip the gun down valve and all and wash all the parts in warm soapy water. Then re lube everything and put it back together.

Sandman_Bravo
01-27-2008, 06:01 PM
You also need to "break-in" the spring on your ACS bolt. Pull the quick release strip pin and pull out the bolt & hammer. Take the white delrin (plastic) bolt and go sit down and watch some tv. While you are watching a show, compress the bolt down and release. Continue compressing the bolt for the length of a show, or approximately 500 times. This breaks in the bolt spring and helps with uncocking which is a sign of the bolt anti-chopping. While we are here, what type of hopper are you using? Do you also use the stock plastic feedneck? The reason why I ask is that a force feed hopper is needed to keep up with the firing rates the Pilot is capable of. As for the feedneck, blowback is common and can contribute to "popcorning" which is when the balls are popped up into the hopper and can cause uneven feeding that can result in chops or breaks. Some people have drilled and extra small hole in the feedneck to allow air to escape. Lastly, it is essential that you chrono the marker. Tuning without one is really unreliable. The Pilot is a great marker when it is set up correctly. Good luck and keep us posted. :)

Aman546
01-28-2008, 10:59 AM
im using a the hopper from my tl just a regulaur gravity feed and stock feedneck and i can understand thats why it chopped but im gona get an electic one if i can get the gun to work, so ill trey adjusting the velocity and breaking in the bolt, and ill let you know if it works or not thanks

Aman546
01-30-2008, 02:15 PM
allright i turned the velocity way up and now it goes maybe 40 feet and i broke in the bolt but there is still something wrong, i think it has to do with the gas because it isnt firing hard enough and the cocking bolt is going in everytime

Aman546
02-01-2008, 05:14 PM
allright i figured out that it was the big rubber gasket but its stuck in there against the valve
and i cant get it out