PDA

View Full Version : Side-cocking spyder owners... (original sonix/compact)

battlechaser
01-26-2008, 07:54 AM
I need someone with a compact to measure distance from the back of the gun (please take off the velocity adjuster for this) to the start of the cocking pin slot, and the distance from the back to the end of the slot. Need this to convert a project of mine to striker-cocking.

Thanks!

Kenny_McCormic
01-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Im pretty sure the slot is the same length/placement as the sear slot and the bolt/hammer connecting pin slot.

pinkanese
01-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Let em break out the dial calipers real quick.......

P.S. it is about the same as the sear slot, but in reality your cna take off a little less than that asd have it still work. I just finished a side cocking conversion of my owm, they are actually quite easy to do.

EDIT: 1.355" from the back, 1.800" long, and .227" wide.

I jsut love having dial calipers on hand :)

battlechaser
01-26-2008, 10:42 AM
thanks gents

deano 177
01-26-2008, 09:02 PM
I think you would be able to convert an MR1 to a side cocker as well. I got a new striker with my etrigger and the hole that the cocking knob goes in is in the same spot as the screw hole for a side cocker. You would just need to mill out the spot for the side cock knob.

battlechaser
01-27-2008, 03:33 AM
I think you would be able to convert an MR1 to a side cocker as well. I got a new striker with my etrigger and the hole that the cocking knob goes in is in the same spot as the screw hole for a side cocker. You would just need to mill out the spot for the side cock knob.

You should be able to, that's the gun I was originally going to start this project with. Might be an idea to grab a spare body before you do it though.

As well you might want to measure the full length of the striker tube, to see if it's the same as the traditional spyders, so you don't wind up with the slot in the wrong place. But you could possibly just mill it the same as the slot on the bottom of the gun.