PDA

View Full Version : Help aligning eyes

pinkanese
01-25-2008, 07:39 PM
Well basically as far as I cna remember when I drilled the holes for my eyes I didn't have the 3mm bit I needed so I wallowed them out to make the eyes fit. Now of course my eyes don't line up perfectly so they don't work, I have taken off the covers and if I wiggle them a little I can get them to work, but as soon as I put teh covers back on it is the same problem as before. I am wondering if anyone has an idea on how I can shim the eyes or something ot get them to work.

MVS1
01-25-2008, 08:23 PM
What board and eyes are you using? the SD laser eyes are less finiky (sp) when it comes to alignment than IR eyes, so that might be an option for ya.

pinkanese
01-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Well if you must know the type of board, it is a Frenzy 110. I know there are EYEs available taht allow up to 20* or so of misalignment, but I don't want to spend anymore money on this than I already have.

druid
01-26-2008, 12:18 AM
so the eyes are what - 2.5mm and you bored a 3mm hole?

You could try short pieces of shrink tube that take up the slack inside the drilled eye hole; or 4 SMMMAAAAALLLLLL dabs of epoxy resin applied to the hole in the 4 poles...since it's usually pliable, they should "give-way" enough to let the led in and hold it in place...