PDA

View Full Version : problems

Team Under Dawgs
01-25-2008, 04:31 PM
i installed a tadao board..... i programmed it and its good. My problem is that it fires when i dont have my bolt...when i put my bolt in it wont release to fire...i need help...

swoosh81
01-25-2008, 06:05 PM
What's your setup, upgrades?

Team Under Dawgs
01-25-2008, 06:11 PM
just a warrior trigger and the tadao board..

Doc77
01-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Just to clarify, it won't force fire?

Team Under Dawgs
01-25-2008, 07:47 PM
no it wont force fire..If I hold the bolt back just a little then it fires but i dont see the bearing in the bolt could that be the problem? Do they make an aftermarket bolt for the vs2?

Doc77
01-25-2008, 10:20 PM
The bearing in the bolt is what holds the top cocking pin onto the bolt...so you won't see it unless you take the pin out. I don't think that that is causing the problem. If you have to hold the bolt back in order for the it to fire, then it sounds like the sear isn't releasing the striker properly. I'm a bit of a noob too so I'm not really sure how to fix that. My guess would be to polish the sear and the striker to reduce the friction between them. Go to Otters site for instructions on how to polish your internals.

One question, is your VS2 new? Or have you used it before and this is just happening now? Maybe your gun just needs a good cleaning.

ACP and Shocktech both make aftermarket bolts for the VS.

http://www.ottersccustoms.com/polishing.html

http://www.alamocitypb.com

spray and pray
01-26-2008, 05:39 AM
shocktech bolt is nice, I got one a 2 weeks ago. I like it more than my acp.

deano 177
01-26-2008, 06:15 AM
Hey Dawg, is your battery charged? stupid question I know. Check to make sure that the pin that holds the bolt to the striker did not go down into the striker too far. That would make the spring super tight by stopping it from getting down into the striker all the way. Hence letting you shoot with the bolt out. that is all I can think of right now... good luck...:)

swoosh81
01-26-2008, 08:21 AM
It sounds like a sear release issue which comes from not having a properly charged 9.6 volt battery. Charge it for 6-8 hours and let us know. It could also be to heavy of a spring, but I doubt this.

Team Under Dawgs
01-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I used my gun only a few times and I clean it after every use, it turns out that it was my battery a regular duracell 9v seems to not have enuff juice to carry it, I put my rechargable one back in and that seems to have solves my problem.... Thank you all for the help and I'll update everyone on my problem...

Thanks again to everyone!!!!!

Doc77
01-26-2008, 12:24 PM
A regular 9v battery won't cut it (from what I understand the amp output or something isn't high enough.) You have to stick with a 9.6v

deano 177
01-26-2008, 09:09 PM
A regular 9v battery won't cut it (from what I understand the amp output or something isn't high enough.) You have to stick with a 9.6v
Ditto.:p