PDA

View Full Version : More Cocking Problems :(

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
I recently posted on the forums about issues (cocking) and it turns out that I got a faulty battery. Now the problem is that it will uncock about every five shots on my VS2. Any help would be deeply appreciated. Im a beginner so please speak in English. Maybe a link would be very helpful. Thanks

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Do I need to lubricate it maybe? If so, what kind should I get and where should I put it. Its running at about 250psi.

spray and pray
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
When I was breaking in the stock reg I had mine running at 275 psi. get some gold cup and put it on the striker. Pull the bolt pin up and move the bolt back and forth without firing the gun. The problem may be with the bolt getting stuck on the detents. If none of that works open up the reg, throw some oil on the orings, and take out the little gold filter. Let me know if any of that works.

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Is this gold stuff a lubricator? Do you know any good sites on how to disasemble the gun. Also to increase the psi to 275 is it the Allen key hole by the on/off switch.

VS2 King
01-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Your Not Re Cocking Because Your Regulator Is Not Broken In. I Assume That This Gun Is Kinda New. If Not Please Correct Me. But When You First Get A Vs2 The Regulator/ASA Is Not Broken In. You Must Turn Your Pressure Up To Around 250-285 PSI. You Are Gunna Have To Go Through About A Case Worth Of Air Or A Little More To Break The Regulator In. After It Is Broken In You Will Be Able To Lower The Pressure To Around 210 PSI.

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Your right it is new. So what you are saying is turn up my psi and let it brake in and then I won't have to keep on recocking it after about 5 shots. So keep on shooting until it won't uncock itself?

spray and pray
01-24-2008, 02:26 PM
yes, the gold cup is oil. open up the reg, take out the filter, and put it back together without the filter in there. Put your pressure at 280 psi and with the filter out fire 1500ish shots. after that you can lower your pressure like vs2king said.

VS2 King
01-24-2008, 03:00 PM
You Dont Have To Put Oil In It Right Now. Since Your Marker Is New You Will Just First Have To Break It In. When You Have Broken It In. Take Spray And Pray's Advice And Put Oil In The Asa. Personally I Have Never Oiled Any One Of The Markers I Have Owned And My Markers Perform Flawlessly.:p

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 03:11 PM
So basicly I keep on firing and recocking it until it stops uncocking itself. I'll also have the psi turned up as well

VS2 King
01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
If You Turn The PSI Up To About 280PSI And Dont Shoot Fast Then Recocking Wont Be A Problem. Recocking Is From The Regulator Not Recharging Fast Enough To Have The Air Recock The Stiker.

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 03:40 PM
So how do I fix the regulator to let me shoot fast?

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 03:42 PM
So how do I adjust the regulator to let me shoot fast?

VS2 King
01-24-2008, 03:48 PM
You Cant Right Now You Have To Wait Till It Is Broken In.

king-man
01-24-2008, 03:56 PM
the stock regs arent really that good even when they are broken in, but if you dont have the money to upgrade. get your bottle on, take the gun to 280ish psi and just dry fire like crazy until your gun runs out of air. do this through a good 2000 shots quik will have it broken in in no time. making it strive to recharge so quik will break it in alot quiker,after youve got it broken in 250 shouldnt be a problem

Blue Spyder
01-24-2008, 04:56 PM
How much would a good new reg cost and do you have any links

Doc77
01-24-2008, 05:00 PM
If none of that works open up the reg, throw some oil on the orings, and take out the little gold filter.

I'm assuming that you're new to the VS2 so let me explain what S&P is saying. You don't need to open up the reg/ASA (remember, it's a combo on the VS2) to remove the gold filter. The gold filter is not necessary when you're running on HPA, which I assume you are. To remove the gold filter, just disconnect the macroline fitting from the ASA/reg using a 12mm wrench. The filter sits in between the fitting and the ASA. Just tilt and it will slide right out.

Just so you know how to diagnose recocking problems in the future, the recock is basically when the striker catches on the sear. If it doesn't recock, it's probably due to not enough air pressure (turn up the psi) or too much friction between the stricker and lower tube (clean out the tube, oil the o-rings). You can also try putting a few drops of oil (e.g. Gold Cup) into the ASA (put it on the end where the tank screws on) and dry fire to get the oil through all the lines. Check out swoosh's VS thread (or is it sparky's...I forget which name he uses here). He answers most the FAQs on that thread.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2498556

Doc77
01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
How much would a good new reg cost and do you have any links

A new reg can run anywhere from $30-60. But since the stock one on the VS2 is also the ASA, upgrading the reg means that you have to get a new on/off ASA as well. Here is the reg that I have

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=XO-qF8SwGWCqCYMpH0pqv855FICPBMRus_0=?ProductID=efmsFA Y7a0QAAAD8NRvJWrji

king-man
01-24-2008, 06:00 PM
you'll also need a new front blcok from trinity or an adapter from cp, trinity, or new designz, a new asa doenst hurt but if you use the stock one you have to open it all the way prtty much, My setup, Cp Long Reg w/o gauge: $60, trinity front vs front blcok: $40, There are varieties of ASA's, but i like mine so ND Quik Flip: $30, seeing your buddies goggles splattered with paint: priceless
anyways my setup cost me $130you could nock off 10 more bucks if you get the adapter

spray and pray
01-25-2008, 02:16 AM
my adapter was $17.