PDA

View Full Version : Russian Legion Ion

mr1newbie
01-24-2008, 10:18 AM
I heard that there is supposed to be a Smart Parts Russian Legion Ion coming out. Does anyone know when? Thanks.

vikingshadow
01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
I actually heard that the Legion aren't with Smart Parts anymore. Not so sure they'd make an Ion for a non-sponsored team, but who knows?

VS3 Sniper
01-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Yea RL is now with bob long. So I highly doubt Smart parts would make RL ions. But it is smart parts tho

HelpDeskHustler
01-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Russian legion is shooting RL marq's next season.

mr1newbie
01-24-2008, 06:05 PM
Oh really? Didn't know that they were off Smart Parts.

bigred76
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
One season with SP was enough for them to realize the NXT's were crap. ;)

Hey Claus, out of curiosity, why wouldn't they try to have Vices/Protege's? I just don't see why they wouldn't go with a familiar platform (RL Alias, anyone?), and instead go with another single tube gun.

HelpDeskHustler
01-25-2008, 02:22 AM

Hey Claus, out of curiosity, why wouldn't they try to have Vices/Protege's? I just don't see why they wouldn't go with a familiar platform (RL Alias, anyone?), and instead go with another single tube gun.
I think they DID like the size of the NXT's, but the way they shot was just too dissimilar from the timmies but that's just speculation. I would suppose it's due to the size... they both shoot fairly similarly. IDK what they wouldn't shoot Timmies if they play xball though... Marqs are significantly harder to clean the breach than timmies.

chnk
01-25-2008, 03:59 AM

true they did shoot timmies before,

leed
01-25-2008, 06:44 AM
I think a large part of it is the fact that the Marq is a completely closed system. In otherwords it's a lot harder for crap can't get inside, no paint, water, dirt, sand, etc. Just as well, I agree with Claus in that they liked the feel of the NXT's, and the size and feel of the Marq is a lot closer to that of the NXT.

xsvly-fat
01-25-2008, 10:11 AM
One season with SP was enough for them to realize the NXT's were crap. ;).

yeah but they did do very good with them.

it will be interesting to see how they do this year without federov though.

bigred76
01-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Psh, their guns were holding them back. Imagine what they can do with GOOD guns! :eek:

I was thinking that as well, Leed, but I couldn't remember (for some reason) what the term was for that. Meh, we'll see... ;)

Ace24
01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Yea RL is now with bob long. So I highly doubt Smart parts would make RL ions. But it is smart parts tho

AGAIN!!! And thank God. F' Smart Parts. :p

vikingshadow
01-26-2008, 09:19 PM
:rolling:

Again with this. This will not turn into a Smartparts hater thread. Please stay on topic.

bigred76
01-26-2008, 09:27 PM
We're not hating on Smart Parts... we're rephrasing our hatred for SP instead by saying we're glad RL is away from them. ;)

I wonder, BL should put out a RL Marq, what do you think it'll look like? I know it's gonna be red/black... but beyond that?

vikingshadow
01-26-2008, 09:38 PM
We're not hating on Smart Parts... we're rephrasing our hatred for SP instead by saying we're glad RL is away from them. ;)

F' Smart Parts. :p

Nah, I'd call this flaming. ;)

All I'm saying is this is an OLD and TIRED discussion, one that half the people believe one way, and the other half believe the other way, and 98% of the people in this forum (or any other) weren't even playing paintball when this whole thing started, let alone understand what exactly happened. So, I'm stopping it before it starts.

Now, back on track...Of course they'll come out with a gun. Since when does a pro team named Russian (Boston/Red) Legion or Dynasy, or Ironman, or [insert name here] NOT get a new gun every time they switch teams?

bigred76
01-26-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm glad I'm not an idiot... otherwise I could never provoke you out like this... ;)

Right, but what do you think they'd do for the gun? They've had a lot of designs for the Marq platform, and a lot of them would look good based upon their previous choices. Obviously some sort of specialized milling as well, but what more metal can you take off of it to do some of the radical designs they've had in the past?

TheRedBarron
01-27-2008, 04:22 AM
the RL Marq if they even make one, will be simply milled if you look at the RL timmy it was very simple, BL doesnt do much in the way of overly milled team guns, look at all of the other team guns they have made I think the craziest would be the ND timmy or the Infamous timmy.

battlechaser
01-27-2008, 05:54 AM
This just makes me want a timmy now... ;)

HelpDeskHustler
01-27-2008, 06:15 AM
the RL Marq if they even make one

They announced that they were making one.

TheRedBarron
01-27-2008, 06:20 AM
They announced that they were making one.

Aha! okay now watch the rest of my post be correct, black marker red accents, a jewel (ooooo a jewel) and maybe the RL logo lightly milled into the side.

HelpDeskHustler
01-27-2008, 07:02 AM
I C WUT U DID THAR! Your post editing does not go unnoticed.

LostCause
01-27-2008, 07:59 AM
i would feel a red and blue RL marq....sorry...Though marqs have that low profile.....i think that better suits the Russians.

TheRedBarron
01-27-2008, 03:25 PM
I C WUT U DID THAR! Your post editing does not go unnoticed.

Huh?

HelpDeskHustler
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Huh?

Editing my quotes so nobody can see you misspelled make. :D

TheRedBarron
01-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Huh?

bigred76
01-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Beats me... :confused:

Red/blue'd be cool. I'm still not entirely convinced that they wouldn't use Vices, though. The articles I've seen haven't claimed which marker, only that it'll be a BL gun.

Muddytaco
01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
On pbn the owner of RL stated they are shooting custom milled RL marqs, the design is drawn out and awaiting final approval.

Ace24
01-27-2008, 10:01 PM
:rolling:

Again with this. This will not turn into a Smartparts hater thread. Please stay on topic.

I have an ION... lmao. I was just being silly.

TheRedBarron
01-28-2008, 08:19 AM
On pbn the owner of RL stated they are shooting custom milled RL marqs, the design is drawn out and awaiting final approval.

Did he say it in english or in Spanish? Damn those Russians and their Spanish...:rolleyes:

I am telling you it will be a lightly milled Marq nothing extraordinary. I will prob get one either way lol.

mr1newbie
01-28-2008, 09:46 AM
I called Bob Long, and it's confirmed, they are getting a Marq

HelpDeskHustler
01-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I called Bob Long, and it's confirmed, they are getting a Marq

I talked to him at a dinner party, he said you call to often. :rolleyes:

TheRedBarron
01-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Claus I talked to your mom last night she says that you need to stop posting so many useless posts.

mr1newbie
01-28-2008, 05:38 PM
I talked to him at a dinner party, he said you call to often. :rolleyes:

:cool: