PDA

View Full Version : Bolt for e trigger question.

SBDboy
01-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Hello Spyder fans,
Pretty new to paintball and have a question. I am considering adding an electronic trigger to my MR1. I have seen mention that one should upgrade the bolt on an MR1 if you add an electronic frame, but no specifics. What kind of bolt should I look for if I do add the gizmo?
Thanks,
SBDboy.

irishwarrior
01-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I have a rocking trigger for my MR1 and it came with a new bolt. I would recommend the upgrade. The MR1 and a grav-hopper can easily keep up with it. It has semi, 3-round and 6-round burst, and full-auto. Both burst settings and the full auto are adjustable in speed. For more info go to this link http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=6050

SBDboy
01-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the info Irish.

deano 177
01-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I got the regular e trigger and I love it. I have not changed my bolt and since I have played with it a couple of times (3000 rnds) I have noticed no difference in wear after the breakin period. I did polish the striker and bolt where they were rubbing just 2 days ago, so I was really looking for imperfections. Just keep it lubed and you won't have any problems if you keep the aluminum bolt.

SBDboy
01-25-2008, 05:30 AM
Deano,
When you say regular e-trigger do you mean the one from Spyder? This one?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/EasyAskSearch-Start;sid=2oau3fly_Neurb7rKJhudfOmUzdNFc2uQSc=?sea rchType=USERSEARCH&searchTerm=spyder+e+trigger&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&Submit=Search

Was it a simple swap with the old one? Is there anything else to it or just take old frame off and put new one on?
Thanks,
SBDboy

deano 177
01-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Deano,
When you say regular e-trigger do you mean the one from Spyder? This one?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/EasyAskSearch-Start;sid=2oau3fly_Neurb7rKJhudfOmUzdNFc2uQSc=?sea rchType=USERSEARCH&searchTerm=spyder+e+trigger&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0&Submit=Search

Was it a simple swap with the old one? Is there anything else to it or just take old frame off and put new one on?
Thanks,
SBDboy That would be the one. I said regular because I didn't know what else to call it.:p Some people have got a rocking trigger and put them on their MRs but most of the fields I play at don't allow rockers. I got mine on ebay brand new in box for $45. It is a straight up swap for the mechanical trigger.

SBDboy
01-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks Deano,
I am thinking about trying that. We mainly play unorganized woodsball and I am not sure how much use I would get from the auto options. It just would be cool. Are there any benefits to the trigger aside from the auto and burst options?
SBDboy

deano 177
01-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Thanks Deano,
I am thinking about trying that. We mainly play unorganized woodsball and I am not sure how much use I would get from the auto options. It just would be cool. Are there any benefits to the trigger aside from the auto and burst options?
SBDboy

I actually have the tourny lock on mine. I love the feel of an electronic trigger. If the mechanical trigger could be adjusted, I may have never gotten the e trigger. I ended up making a "stop" for my trigger but I didn't modify the travel of the release. I set my triggers up to be very sensitive.