PDA

View Full Version : ICD no longer making painball products:

Sandman_Bravo
01-24-2008, 04:17 AM
I was looking at an ICD marker on e-bay and went to their home page http://www.icdpaintball.com/ and it says after 21 years they are no longer making paintball products. What's up with that? I always thought they were a good manufacturer of quality stuff. It's a shame.:confused: They are still going to back the markers that are out there and uphold the warranty thing though.

newkid
01-24-2008, 04:32 AM
wow I can't believe that

MR2 Woodsballer
01-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Sad to see a company close down. I have known about them for a long time. I can't really say I have ever seen any hype about their company, in recent years.

bamf-hacker
01-24-2008, 04:48 AM
This is happening a lot in the PB industry. With the economy the way it is now and the rising costs to play PB it is harder and harder for companies to make money.

It is even hard for players with the costs of paint, air and field fees always going up. I see more and more players going pump not to waste paint and be able to play more on the money they spend.

Sorry to LCD and maybe one day they will re-open their doors.

MR2 Woodsballer
01-24-2008, 04:56 AM
[QUOTE=bamf-hacker] I see more and more players going pump not to waste paint and be able to play more on the money they spend.
QUOTE]

I can think of about 4 people off hand that have done that.

Sandman_Bravo
01-24-2008, 05:21 AM
How is the Promaster? I see that it doesn't come with an ASA, but how does it perform? It shares a noid with the Timmy I believe.

durrell
01-24-2008, 05:28 AM
The Promasters rip for the price. My dad has had 2 and now my little brother has one. If I was going to get back into paintball that's probably what I'd start out with.

Sandman_Bravo
01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, I'm not new to the sport but I just picked one up on e-bay bnib for $116.49 shipped. They have another one available:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250209528838&ih=015&category=140127&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:NEWLIST#LIST

timbertiger20
01-24-2008, 11:18 AM
They are good guns! I liked ICD and their equipment...........unfortunately there was a change in leadership right before the Naughty Dogs left and it was not for the better. The equipment was great but their service left something to be desired! I thought about picking a bunch up for rental markers!

glaman5266
01-31-2008, 05:45 AM
ICD has taken hits from lawsuits over the years, especially from Smart Parts. ICD dropped a little over a $500K for legal fees just for one of SP's later lawsuits.
And considering KEE is raising their wholesale prices for various economic reasons, I would speculate they went out for financial reasons.

They are currently being used for military outsourcing. It's sad to see a paintball great leave the industry.