PDA

View Full Version : Working-out

xNinja-Dolphinx
02-15-2006, 05:53 PM
I have realized that I am a little overweight and have decided to do something about it in the past week. I am 16, 6'0" and 270 lbs. I am fat but its not like I don't do anything ever and Im not THAT lazy, but I do I ha large skelatal frame so im not gonna get skinny, I just want to lose my gut. the past few nights I have done 50 sit ups a night(tonight i did 100, and I don't do them all consistently, the most I have done consistently was today and i did 30 in a row), and did 3 reps of ten each doing a benchpress style thing lying on the floor with dumbells. I have also stopped eating as much and tried to cut alot of pop out of my diet. Do you guys have any suggestions as to other workouts I can do that are simple and effective?

QAZ123
02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Support thread version 2.0 (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=144)

Lose weight put on muscle whatever you need help with this is the thread for it.

In your situation imo cardiovascular exercise and diet but post in that thread and help will come.

JB.

vikingshadow
02-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Go to the Support thread....it's somewhere here. It was started for that exact same reason back on the old KUSA and carried over to here...welcome to the club!

Sac
02-15-2006, 06:01 PM
take steroids

QAZ123
02-15-2006, 06:05 PM
take steroids
Congratulation's 155 post's of sarcasm! Keep up the good work!
:bird:

Sac
02-15-2006, 06:08 PM
forgot this :dodgy:

maximus100389
02-15-2006, 06:10 PM
To get rid of the gut do what you have bee doing; sit ups. To make them a little more difficult but more rewarding you can hold one of the medicine balls or some easy to hold weight close to your chest while doing some situps. You can also try holding the sit up position with the weight.

QAZ123
02-15-2006, 06:18 PM
To get rid of the gut do what you have bee doing; sit ups. To make them a little more difficult but more rewarding you can hold one of the medicine balls or some easy to hold weight close to your chest while doing some situps. You can also try holding the sit up position with the weight.
Doing situp's won't get rid of abdominal fat. The only way to get rid of fat is through diet and exercise. Yes situp's are exercise but it's not like your burning a ton of calories or fat doing them.

JB.

Recon by Fire
02-15-2006, 06:23 PM
Also do leg extensions, leg lifts, hello dollys, etc... sit ups alone won't do it. Walk, run, and bike, will do wonders. On your diet cut out all the junk, and no sugars at all or salt. You can try something like Atkins indoctrination period to get your body jump started and then go to a moderate diet.

FredPo
02-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Doing situp's won't get rid of abdominal fat. The only way to get rid of fat is through diet and exercise. Yes situp's are exercise but it's not like your burning a ton of calories or fat doing them.

JB.
I'm glad you finally told them QAZ. Sit ups are a waste. In fact, it may make you look fatter because your abs will grow. Diet is the secret guys. The only way to lose weight is to take in less calories then you are eating and include some cardio. Eat around 6-7 small meals a day consisting of protein, carbs, and essential fats. A typical meal like look like a chicken breast, a cup of rice, and soem vegetables. Diet is the secret, just remember that.

Fred

Recon by Fire
02-16-2006, 02:20 AM
So he should eat Ethopians ....cuz Ethopians are skinny?

xNinja-Dolphinx
02-16-2006, 04:27 AM
so whatt are big noo's when I eat? And what bhappens when i have to get fast food? Do I get a salad or something or would some like chicken sandwhich from Mcdonalds be ok?

FredPo
02-16-2006, 10:19 AM
so whatt are big noo's when I eat? And what bhappens when i have to get fast food? Do I get a salad or something or would some like chicken sandwhich from Mcdonalds be ok?
Pretty much, here are the do nots: fried food, pop, ice cream, and if you have to eat fast food, make it grilled chicken sandwiches (without the sauces) and salads (with light dressing.)

Fred

shunut
02-16-2006, 10:50 AM
:yeahthat:

Or you can do the smart thing and stay away from fast food restaurants like McDonald's and Burger King. Go to a sandwich place like Subway or Quizno's. They have a larger variety of foods that are healthy.

QAZ123
02-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Yeah definitely quizno's and subway (just don't do the subway diet I'd really like to beat that guy down) are the best as far as fast food. Just keep the eat clean attitude. No fried food's, no soda's, dessert's etc. and you'll be fine.

JB.

phatphil
02-16-2006, 12:51 PM
You are best off cutting out fast food all together. Pile your sandwiches high with veggies, stay away from any desert type food, little debbie's, etc. I would also replace your sit ups with crunches instead. Figure your BMR with this, and plug it into the HBF on the same page to get a pretty good idea of the number of calories you should be eating:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

To lose 1 pound off fat you must create a 3500 calorie deficit, either through burning those calories with exercise, cutting them out of your diet altogether, or both. 3500 calories / 7 days in a week = Cut 500 calories off your number from the HBF to lose 1lb a week, cut 1000 to lose 2lbs a week, etc. It's recommended you don't try to lose more then 1 or 2 pounds a week, or you won't keep it off.

druid
02-16-2006, 05:14 PM
and eat smaller portions so that your stomach (the organ, not the fat layer in front) shrinks down to a more normal size. if ya feel hungry or "need a munchy" drink 2 large glasses of water.

xNinja-Dolphinx
02-17-2006, 04:31 AM
should I eat something for breakfast or not?
What would a whole day of meals look like for me?

phatphil
02-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Yes, you should definitely eat breakfast, the easiest way to keep your body satisfied is a small meal every couple hours. Get the total number of calories from the link I gave you above that you need for a day, divide this up between about 6 small meals, with close to the same number of calories in each.

FredPo
02-17-2006, 09:49 AM
Phil, I'm impressed with your knowledge regarding diet and working out.

Fred

thechubbss12
02-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Of course everyone will be diffrent on each diet they choose. I am on the other hand have to have a largly diffrent diet to loose weight.... Most people have succese with cutting alot of stuff it simply didnt work for meh so i got to thinking, Its all about calories right well mind over matter eat what the heck i want and exercise 1 to 2 hours a day 7 days a week then take 1 day off every two weeks. i dropped 80 pounds in 2 years along with increaing my muscle mass 4 times the size also growing 8 inches taller.

I will always be a strong belever that diet isnt everything, Everything will and always will be your mindset, becasue your mind can control evey bit of your body. If you want to loose weight it doesnt matter how much you diet if your mindset isnt right you wont drop the pounds becasue its all about how bad you want it.
Flame me if you want i dont care, i just know that "if your muscles are telling you that you cant do it then they are lying and you need to get over it and make them do it" My 6A lineman coach (Coach Mack)