PDA

View Full Version : pilots acs vs. rpm

pilotsoldier83
01-23-2008, 05:06 PM
ok im thinkin of sellin my pilot acs and buyin a rpm. ive never seen a rpm on any fields and am not sure on how they perform. the whole reason that i was thinkin of doin it is because the rpm has all of the features that i want plus its smaller and lighter than my pilot. any input would be appreciated.

newkid
01-23-2008, 05:14 PM
yea I also have been looking at them $90 for electro w/eyes semi and 3 ramping modes. sounds good

Paintballer5000
02-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I don't know why you don't see them on the field. They can be old or thier rear to find or they don't make them.

Kenny_McCormic
02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
I hear that they have QC issues with the breach not lining up with the barrel (chop-o-matic) and some have chopping issues even though their barrel lines up. There is whole odessy section on PBN.

kramernator
02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
whats an RPM?

Kenny_McCormic
02-06-2008, 03:20 PM
A FASOR that handles co2 alright because the noid is similar to a mag on/off activated by a spyder noid. The chopping problems are easily solved by filing the barrel and taping up some vent ports so the ball is loaded in the barrel by the time the valve is opened up.

pilotsoldier83
02-06-2008, 03:32 PM
the rpm is made by odyssey. they are gonna stop makin em from what i here but you can find em for $90 most places or $190 other places. theyre light wieght and have stock firing modes of an upped board. i asked about em cause ive never seen em on the field. but i have decided to keep my pilot and just mod it, plus the guy that was gonna buy it bought a rpm

Kenny_McCormic
02-06-2008, 04:14 PM
They stopped making them a while ago, but for $90 even if it does need some work out of the box its a steal.

The Communist
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
i got my girlfriend one for $75 brand new in box on ebay.
never chopped a single ball out of the 1500 rounds she has fired and she is still using a gravity fed hopper....haha so I don't know about people having chopping problems because she fires it fast and has yet to chop a ball.
works flawlessly IMO
She's got a stiffi on there now and that is extremely accurate, she's nailed quite a few people right in between the eyes.

Kenny_McCormic
02-14-2008, 12:16 PM
i got my girlfriend one for $75 brand new in box on ebay.
never chopped a single ball out of the 1500 rounds she has fired and she is still using a gravity fed hopper....haha so I don't know about people having chopping problems because she fires it fast and has yet to chop a ball.
works flawlessly IMO
She's got a stiffi on there now and that is extremely accurate, she's nailed quite a few people right in between the eyes.

Do you have th old style or the new style? Old style uses a pin to hold the ram cap and has a brass ram, the new style has a threaded ram cap and the ram is derlin. I only hear about the chopping problems on the newer ones.

Paintballer5000
02-14-2008, 03:00 PM
I think they don't make rams anymore.But you can look for it.

pilotsoldier83
02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
just outta curiousity, you guys did read that im no longer lookin at the rpm right? im just gonna mod my pilot and get a pmr