PDA

View Full Version : Still with the breaking!!!!!

HavocNC
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
Ok, here is the deal. I have broken in my bolt for 5 days, I have a spyder 18v fasta loader which is sweet! but I am still breaking paint like crazy! The first shot I fired when I test fired it was a break then the next 3 out of 10 probably. Also I lost my T cocking mechanism spring and hate it without could i pick up like a random prefect size spring at like a local hard ware store?

Also I was thinking of saving for an Invert Mini any comments would be nice. :)

bassmasta
01-23-2008, 03:47 PM
if you can find a spring that fits, it will work. check to make sure your barrel is completely flush with the body by attaching it while the shroud is off.

HavocNC
01-23-2008, 04:01 PM
my shroud is not off and I am using sterling standard grade because pro grade was out

kramernator
01-23-2008, 04:12 PM
it could be the paint..........old or to tight or just cheap.

HavocNC
01-24-2008, 01:33 PM
they were about a week old.

alabama_lowlife
01-24-2008, 04:00 PM
make sure the inner metal portion of the bolt slides freely inside the delrin part of the bolt. in my bolt the metal part tilts upwards when it is moved and hangs up causing to to not work properly. i too have kept my bolt compressed for up to a week at a time, but i feel like this is the cause of my problems because i didn't have any chopping problems initially but i has progressively started chopping more and more. it's got to be due to it hanging up.

B_Manz
01-27-2008, 08:35 AM
My bolt does that too. I filed mine down on the part that was catching, but that didn't seem to help very much. Do you know what i could do to fix it?

jeffreyj1279
01-28-2008, 09:03 AM
dont mean to insult your knowledge, but have you made sure your detent is good. i had a problem for a little while until i broke my gun down and saw that my detent had dry rotted from the cold weather and the tip broke off from the first couple of shots.

HavocNC
01-28-2008, 12:21 PM
dont mean to insult your knowledge, but have you made sure your detent is good. i had a problem for a little while until i broke my gun down and saw that my detent had dry rotted from the cold weather and the tip broke off from the first couple of shots.

No my detent is good, I took out the bolt and made sure it was even and it worked out just fine.

alabama_lowlife
01-28-2008, 02:58 PM
My bolt does that too. I filed mine down on the part that was catching, but that didn't seem to help very much. Do you know what i could do to fix it?
i sanded mine down on the inside as good as i could and it didn't give me any problems this weekend and i shot about 1700 rounds. i guess i'll sand it until i have to replace it.

kingny
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
lube it up!

chnk
01-28-2008, 03:39 PM
what velocity are you shooting? try turning it down.

when i have to use rec paint or white box paint i turn down my velocity down to like 250 to avoid barrel pops and chops

HavocNC
01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
what velocity are you shooting? try turning it down.

when i have to use rec paint or white box paint i turn down my velocity down to like 250 to avoid barrel pops and chops

well I did that today and still in adjusting it to the perfect velocity when my apex comes in on wednsday I will resume shooting. I also ordered a clampingfeed neck because all my elbows kept breaking. Hopefully that works out. Also need to buy more paint going for the tournament grade this time.

chnk
01-28-2008, 04:45 PM
well I did that today and still in adjusting it to the perfect velocity when my apex comes in on wednsday I will resume shooting. I also ordered a clampingfeed neck because all my elbows kept breaking. Hopefully that works out. Also need to buy more paint going for the tournament grade this time.

not necessarily tournament grade try some draxxus frostbite, its the only paint that seems to be working for me right now

HavocNC
01-28-2008, 05:16 PM
well I will go to my local martial arts store and see what paint they have. If not I will just buy spyder paint

HavocNC
01-31-2008, 04:58 PM
:D Alrighty just bought 4000 rounds of Sterling Game Grade today and I am going to run the first box through it tommorow after school. Gonna take count of the chops and reply back. Also got my Apex barrel in and the ball flew over a pond, over a coolie, and just kept going, and going, and going, and going. I love the new barrel.

SpyderMan723
01-31-2008, 04:59 PM
well I will go to my local martial arts store and see what paint they have. If not I will just buy spyder paint

lol don't you go to martial arts places to learn....martial arts?
Unless you attend a paintball close quarters combat class?

keeperkys
02-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok, here is the deal. I have broken in my bolt for 5 days, I have a spyder 18v fasta loader which is sweet! but I am still breaking paint like crazy! The first shot I fired when I test fired it was a break then the next 3 out of 10 probably. Also I lost my T cocking mechanism spring and hate it without could i pick up like a random prefect size spring at like a local hard ware store?

Also I was thinking of saving for an Invert Mini any comments would be nice. :)

I was think of getting a Invert Mini my self they are really LIGHT and they are good small size but i just didn't feel like spending alot of money

HavocNC
02-01-2008, 03:15 PM
:D ALRIGHTY guys I have came back with fantastic NEWS!!!! Here is the deal I have shot over 1500 rounds today my bolt has finally learned that chopping balls is very bad.:( Another great thing now is that it is learning to recock itself, even in full auto mode it did not chop but I had to recock it constantly but after about the second bag of paint it learned that it could recock for me!:D Also the paint worked very well it busted on everything but the barrel it works. I highly recommend this paint for anyone who is looking for good and kind of cheap paint.

SpyderMan723
02-01-2008, 07:32 PM
:D ALRIGHTY guys I have came back with fantastic NEWS!!!! Here is the deal I have shot over 1500 rounds today my bolt has finally learned that chopping balls is very bad.:( Another great thing now is that it is learning to recock itself, even in full auto mode it did not chop but I had to recock it constantly but after about the second bag of paint it learned that it could recock for me!:D Also the paint worked very well it busted on everything but the barrel it works. I highly recommend this paint for anyone who is looking for good and kind of cheap paint.

You didnt say what kind it was.
I need a good brand of paint thats cheap + reliable

HavocNC
02-02-2008, 04:44 AM
You didnt say what kind it was.
I need a good brand of paint thats cheap + reliable

Sterling game grade paint it's in a half green half white box with like a lion thing on it with a paintball between its claws. Also they sell Rec grade paint which is like 14 dollars for 500 a wee bit to expensive for me but I got it once and boy did that work SOOOOOO GOOD.

Dimitrio
02-02-2008, 04:44 AM
What you have to do is just go paintballing, but cut it with the shooting fast. I mean like real conservative, just shoot one a at a time, and the bolt will eventually break in. I know it seems like hell right now, but it will get better. We all had these problems when we got our MR2s, and they always get better if you have the patience. Plus, it IS worth it, trust me. I HATED my gun when it was chopping, I wanted to sell it 4 days after I got it. But now, it's the best gun I've ever used.

Don't worry, it will get better, just keep it off full auto or even burst for a while.

Dimitrio
02-02-2008, 04:45 AM
And if there actually ARE problems with your bolt, just look into an alamo bolt, or one from Kingman.

HavocNC
02-02-2008, 04:51 AM
Hey man not saying anything bad but did you read the 3rd page cause I have stated that my problem is over and it is not chopping it just needs to learn to recock itself another box of 2000 may fix that.:cool:

Dimitrio
02-03-2008, 07:07 AM
Oh, ok.