PDA

View Full Version : Paintball gun Camo Options?

irishwarrior
01-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Right now I have really cheap QuickKamo paint from SpecOps paintball and was wondering if anyone knows the options out there? I know that DuraCoat is one of the best options out there but it's not cheap ($151.90 for the paint, airbrush etc. direct from the duracoat website) and i'm kinda on a budget (anything under $50 american is good). I've also done ghillie-style camo from pieces of my old Woodland BDU but it doesn't work out so well. SpecOps also paints guns and accessories but, again, not cheap($270+ for everything to be painted). So if anyone knows anything thanks for saying it. :rainbow: :tank2:

Critical
01-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Krylon Camouflage Spray Paint (http://www.krylon.com/main/product_template.cfm?levelid=5&sub_levelid=12&productid=1868&content=product_details)

kramernator
01-23-2008, 03:59 PM
yeah, just go to some hardware store or a fleetfarm and get some brown, dark green and black spraypaint. then start spraying

thats what i did and this is how it turned out
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii308/mkramernator/PHTO0271.jpg

XSiv Force
01-23-2008, 04:20 PM
If you want a cheap reliable option go to Hobbytown USA and pick up a $20 airbrush, and some metal paints. I used this for painting a plastic piece in my actual 68 Chevelle, But they also have paint that sticks to metal.

vikingshadow
01-23-2008, 05:39 PM
Best option ever is the camo tape you can buy at Wal-Mart. Not the vinyl stuff, but the cloth stuff. It doesn't fade, doesn't gum up and looks good. Best part is, if you don't want the camo anymore, or it gets dirty, just peel it off!

I have pics of it if you want to see it...or you can find it on the forums here...

slim and shady
01-23-2008, 05:44 PM
Best option ever is the camo tape you can buy at Wal-Mart. Not the vinyl stuff, but the cloth stuff. It doesn't fade, doesn't gum up and looks good. Best part is, if you don't want the camo anymore, or it gets dirty, just peel it off!

I have pics of it if you want to see it...or you can find it on the forums here...

Would the pics happen to be of the legendary camo taped sonix?

vikingshadow
01-23-2008, 05:49 PM
That'd be the one! :)

slim and shady
01-23-2008, 05:56 PM
I wonder what you would get for that selling it here on the BST as a little peice of Vike/Spyer history? I thought of the idea I get HALF!

deano 177
01-23-2008, 06:27 PM
That'd be the one! :)Lets see it!

vikingshadow
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I wonder what you would get for that selling it here on the BST as a little peice of Vike/Spyer history? I thought of the idea I get HALF!
What's half of nothing???? :p

Yeah, a piece of Vike/Spyder history that shows I was an idiot with a little cash to spend at the time...ah, the good ol' days!

Lets see it!
Wow! People who haven't see it yet. Well, why not for old time's sake?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/vikingshadow/completedsupersonix12.jpg

XSiv Force
01-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Did you remove the trigger frame and then wrap it or did you cut it to fit

irishwarrior
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks very much you guys for all the wonderful suggestions :applause:! I think i'll pay a visit to my local Home Depot and Wal-Mart :tank2:.

PS: That is a piece of art right there vike, a piece of art.

kbonnell
01-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Wal-mart is open 24 hrs......Im gonna pick some up now!

vikingshadow
01-26-2008, 08:20 PM
I didn't actually wrap it, because you have to leave an opening under the body for the sear. However, I took off the frame and wrapped it a bit under the body so that it would cover all the visible body (the gun is actually bright blue). I used an Xacto knife to get around the little holes. You have to be careful not to scratch your body when you do that, though.

Thanks guys - of course, it hasn't been covered in that tape for quite awhile. In fact, some of the parts are shipped all over the country... I do miss it from time to time. :(

Make sure you get the CLOTH tape, not the vinyl kind. If paint gets on that stuff, it will fade and run. Good luck with it!