PDA

View Full Version : what gun is this. elite??

camo_mr1
01-23-2008, 02:09 PM
im not sure the exact model of it, it looks like a elite but the line doesnt go into the front of the lower tube it goes in like the classic. works great, i rebuilt it but has a small leak at the front of the lower tube, o ring on the piece the screws in is mint and teflon tape fixed it 98% but i need something better, i was thinking automotive gasket maker around the threads but i think co2 might eat it up??http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/monte_ss/DSC00791.jpghttp://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g104/monte_ss/DSC00790.jpg

camo_mr1
01-23-2008, 02:10 PM
its just wire loom over the hose, incase somebody wondered lol. i want to put some type of expanson chamber on it and use it as a front grip to but need to fix the leak first. has classic grip frame also. its still stock except what you see in the pics. im basing my info on the pics from the new spyder ad in magazines

pbfreak555
01-23-2008, 02:36 PM
its the classic

camo_mr1
01-23-2008, 02:49 PM
awsome. i did not find anything on the net that might help. just got off the phone with the gun tech and he said the spring for the cup seal may be the issue

aodsnyper
01-24-2008, 11:02 AM
that's a Spyder (Original) from the mid-90's. looks like it's in pretty good shape. it also looks like you're in need of a new ball detent cover, those plastic ones never held up.

camo_mr1
01-28-2008, 01:22 PM
i have the broke piece. i will glue it back in and try and make it look new again by filling in the crack. it works mint

camo_mr1
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
does anybody have a tip or part that will cut down the kick in this gun, it just slams when you cock then fire, a really hard hit. my mr1 has a pretty hard hit to. yes they are clean and lubed i baby the friggin thing lol

Hob Hayward
02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
You can use a lighter striker and or bolt, thats the cheapest/most direct way.

Going full LP is the ultimate solution though.

DFSniper
02-06-2008, 07:19 AM
i get jealous whenever i see someone with a classic (especially aodsnyper's!!!)

grats on the find! how much did you get it for?

camo_mr1
02-06-2008, 10:41 AM
$40, it use to belong to my friend when he started but it got sold, then i bought it from the guy it was sold to for my first gun. i went and bought a tank, hopper and oil, stripped it figured out how to clean and how it works then i played 3 thimes with and said no, and picked up an mr1. then my gf painted the body red after i told her it was going to look stupid and never right but i let her go so i could prove her wrong and what do you know a month later i stripped the red paint off, pulled out the rusted/brokein co2 filters, greased/oiled it and its sitting here till she wants to use it, although now she thinks that a vs3 will suit her better lmao im still getting use to it

twistid26
02-07-2008, 07:08 AM
You should be able to get a lower main spring in it to reduce kick, but you will have to readjust your velocity afterwards, as it will likely decrease.

camo_mr1
02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
that sounds good, i keep trying to get my local shop to order the sypder repair kit for me but then the shy away from it so i have to bring the gun to them, you cant blame them but id really like to try the springs

streetbmx
03-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Looks like my gun. I thought mine was a classic. Only difference is I have a LPC and sight rail that came stock.