PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question and Advice

darth massacre
01-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Hey guys, just needed some advice.

I've recently purchased something from an ebay store, paid for and got it shipped. So I got it last week and it turns out I got shipped the wrong envelope. The packing slip clearly states it wasn't the product I ordered and it was supposed to go to thailand. I accepted it as an honest mistake, took photos and emailed the contact twice last week and I have not recieved any replies. The product I ordered and paid for costs 3 times more and is an entire product, the stuff that was shipped to me are parts that I can use for the thing I ordered - basically what was shipped to me was useless on its own.

I understand it was MLK day on monday, and I've sort of given myself till the end of today for his reply. But I'm not really holding my breath - Just wanted to know if there's anything I can do in this situation?

deano 177
01-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Hey guys, just needed some advice.

I've recently purchased something from an ebay store, paid for and got it shipped. So I got it last week and it turns out I got shipped the wrong envelope. The packing slip clearly states it wasn't the product I ordered and it was supposed to go to thailand. I accepted it as an honest mistake, took photos and emailed the contact twice last week and I have not recieved any replies. The product I ordered and paid for costs 3 times more and is an entire product, the stuff that was shipped to me are parts that I can use for the thing I ordered - basically what was shipped to me was useless on its own.

I understand it was MLK day on monday, and I've sort of given myself till the end of today for his reply. But I'm not really holding my breath - Just wanted to know if there's anything I can do in this situation?

Did you use paypal? They have some protection for buyers up to $1000.00. Ebay does too, but it is only about $200.00. If the seller will not return your emails then you need to contact ebay and start a dispute. You may not get your cash back, though.

king-man
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Did you use paypal? They have some protection for buyers up to $1000.00. Ebay does too, but it is only about $200.00. If the seller will not return your emails then you need to contact ebay and start a dispute. You may not get your cash back, though.
All the money is through paypay and depends on what kind of rating the seller has and how much the've sold, If they are new than the price is only 200, if they have at least 75 total feedbacks and at least a 98% feedback rating, you have up to $2000 safety

darth massacre
01-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the response guys - the ebay store contact hasn't replied yet. He has a pretty good record since 1999 - over 8000 feedbacks and over 98% positive. I've not really bought much thru ebay so I'm kinda new to this. If I have have to apply to any sort of process via paypal how should I go about it? Once again thanks for any reply.

king-man
01-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Goto paypal.com and im not sure where but file a case, it should say somewhere, after so long if the seller doesn't cooperate with you he has to through paypal.

swoosh81
01-24-2008, 03:14 PM
Get a PP claim going in the mean time. You have a certain amount of time to open one. If you don't after a certain amount of days your outta luck.

chnk
01-24-2008, 03:22 PM
if there is a number calling them will do a whole lot more than emailing them

king-man
01-24-2008, 05:27 PM
if for a number you mean paypal, tuff $*@t, took me 2 hours for them to tell me that they had some problems that would be fixed the nxt day :dodgy:

vwjimmy
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I hope you heard from today, but don't file with Paypal for at least 5 business days after you recieved the shipment and attempted to contact the seller....
Paypal filings will shut down both of your accounts until they are settled and can be sticky to unravel even if it an honest mistake, so if the seller is a day or two behind it can get messy for nothing.....

darth massacre
01-29-2008, 08:03 AM
Update: Filed a dispute with PP earlier this morning. Hopefully he replies. I have the physical and digital evidence of the seller's mistake and I don't think PP will rule against me if it ever go beyond the dispute resolution phase.

VW, I waited 2 weeks after I got the item and sent 3 emails - all 3 with photos of the mis-sent product and the paypal packing slip (with the intended buyer information and address). I really don't understand why the seller didn't take any time to reply to me. He could blow me off, send me a refund or ask me to return the product while sending the right one my way - but he ignored me completely.

jkersh
01-29-2008, 10:02 AM
Ebay can be a crazy place. Last week I ordered a ceramic barrel from Firstcall's store. I payed with paypal immediately. They took their time to ship but I finally recieved the item and we both left positive feedback. The next day they filed a non-paying bidder claim against me. I emailed them and ebay about it and they dropped it. Sometimes I wonder what people are thinking. Sorry to threadjack.

darth massacre
02-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Update: Well last friday the stubborn fart - instead of simply dealing with his mistake by admitting and making up for it - filed a counter dispute on Squaretrade. (I filed mine on Paypal). The fella didn't bother to even reply to the paypal dispute - it was only when I left a negative feedback that sprang him into action by filing a dispute to withdraw the negative feedback via Squaretrade.

When I wrote back to him with the evidence I've emailed him 4 times and instead of backing down saying - my bad, lets resolve this - he upped the ante by pre paying for a mediator. This is blowing the problem completely out of proportion. I have no clue how this is going to turn out. Who pays for the mediator? What kind of costs will I incur? Will I even get the item I want?!? I understand the mediation process is mediation, not arbitration, but I still don't feel quite comfortable with it.

I just want my *expletive* item that I paid for.

Here's the link I put up for the merchant and mediator to see. I'm sure you guys will agree that it was no fault of mine.

http://www.teo-ology.com/wrongitem.html