PDA

View Full Version : Returning my MR2 today

nyboy07
01-22-2008, 11:34 AM
This past Sunday I went to play and the gun gave me nothing but problems. :( I was only doing semi auto becasue my hopper is cheap and it broke almost every ball! Another problem was when i did shoot the balls would fly all over the place NONE flew straight it was windy but my cousin who had a Tippmann 98 custom shot almost perfectly straight. ! I was really disappointed. I'm probably going to go and pickup a Tippmann X7 instead.

xsvly-fat
01-22-2008, 12:18 PM
what barrel and paint were you using and how cold was it?

nyboy07
01-22-2008, 12:23 PM
it was about 60 degrees, I was using the stock barrel and it was field paint so I dont know what type it is. It was hard though.

SkinWalk3r
01-22-2008, 01:14 PM
well if you had paint in your barrel from the busted paintballs then they WILL make your shots fly everywhere. The paint affects the aerodynamic properties of each pb and that results in erractic flight path. Look at the hopper. You say its cheap. Cheap in what way. Is it your standard gravity hopper. Change your brand of Pbs and try again before returning it. It may be just that the pbs are crappy !

newkid
01-22-2008, 01:33 PM
did you break in your acs bolt?

darth massacre
01-22-2008, 02:36 PM
Sorry to hear - but this change is probably for the better. Good luck with your future purchase and have fun in the game.

mr1 sniper
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
heres what you should have done
1)Make sure you have a fast enough hopper to keep up with your gun
2)Broken in your acs bolt
3)Gotten a good paint to barrel size match

chnk
01-22-2008, 06:57 PM
this guy said he was using a cheap hopper on his mr2,

paint probably didn't shoot straight because of all the broken paint. the tippman 98 probably didn't break paint because its semi.

the x7 on the other hand will be a downgrade but should give you less problems because it has a forcefed hopper even though its an single trigger semi auto marker. and is also a more plastic version of the a5 and a bigger price tag. It might be cheaper just to buy an a-5 or a halo

Sandman_Bravo
01-22-2008, 07:41 PM
X7 and A5 use the cyclone feed for a hopper and it can be a paint blender under the right conditions; I know because I own an A5. I think the MR2 just needs a good clean & lube, make sure the bolt is broken in, and get a better hopper for goodness sake. Good luck.

Hob Hayward
01-22-2008, 07:43 PM
He has a good point;

Here's what should have happened:
He should have gone out and played with his brand new gun and had no problems, but he did. No one should have to say, oh well, you should have done this this and this, its a brand new gun. What's the point in something new if it doesn't work out of the box?

My suggestions is: if you don't want to deal with stuff, and just want to go out and play, do get a tippy, they're better in that way than a spyder.

I'll admit, the cyclone can be a POS at times, thus a 98c is the answer, lol.

mr1 sniper
01-23-2008, 07:58 AM
get the new army version of the 98 with and egrip

nyboy07
01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
I'm thinking of getting an A5 instead because I read the x7 and A5 are almost exactly the same plus I can get it for $175 at Sports Authority.:D

I really liked my MR2 and it really let me down that day. :(