PDA

View Full Version : On/Off

Spyder Freak 0915
01-20-2008, 08:22 PM
Just ordered my new reg

can i use the stock on off with it or do i have to get a new one?

Doc77
01-20-2008, 08:56 PM
You need to buy a new on/off ASA because the stock VS2 ASA is also the reg. You will also need new macroline fittings because the stock spyder thread is not metric.

Spyder Freak 0915
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
whats the best on off there is

sphven
01-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Custom products has some good on/off's, i really like the 2k5 on/off made by them but here (http://store.customproducts.us/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=176&categoryID=3) is the new generation of that model

Doc77
01-21-2008, 11:32 AM
sphven's recommendation is a good one. I have it and it works great. The macroline fitting can be placed on either the left or right side of the ASA. If you want the fitting to come out of the front then I would suggest the bob long gear drive.

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=7Cu23Asr4S220Uy_HH52dAGNkuNKKIqa7_4=?Pro ductID=PJXAqArbyR8AAAEQ9Ve_IDcM

swoosh81
01-21-2008, 12:40 PM
If going with the BL gear drive check out b/s/t/ in pbnation. A guy is selling them for $35 bnib. I picked up 2 for that price.

king-man
01-23-2008, 06:45 AM
you can use the stock one, jsut leave it wide open, i used mine like that for ever and it worked just fine
if you do have the money though i would suggest getting a new one

Spyder Freak 0915
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
how do i leave it wide open?

king-man
03-04-2008, 06:57 AM
adjust the stock reg/asa to as high as it will go psi wise, i think it will go to 500psi

Tech Steve
03-24-2008, 01:38 PM
you can use the stock asa... all you have to do is take out the reg seat on the piston and there will be no regulation... :)

swoosh81
03-24-2008, 04:36 PM
There are orings on the reg seat to keep the reg. from leaking. If you take it out the asa will leak.

Tech Steve
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
your reffering to the piston.... there are o-rings on there.... the seat is at the end of the brass piston, if it is removed, the marker will not leak... trust me i know...

swoosh81
03-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Then post up a vid with proof, because you are wrong.

king-man
03-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Then post up a vid with proof, because you are wrong.

POPCORN Time!!!

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 08:35 AM
lol... your calling me wrong... lol!!! that is funny... i guess you know nothing about paintball... why dont you just try it... open your manual, get your reg in front of you... remove part ITP005, take out the piston seal on top which is ITP010 and re insert it... i would put up a video but KINGMAN doesn't allow there TECHS to do so!!!

bigred76
03-26-2008, 09:27 AM
If the piston's at the end of the shaft with orings, I see no reason why it would leak if it's removed. It's merely in there more as a shim, to keep the pressure below 500psi. For some reason, Kingman can't get it right the first time and make the damned thing right, so they have to use secondary parts to make it work like they want! :rolleyes:

Sorry, last sentence was my opinion only. After dealing with a DP Threshold where they completely ****ed up and forgot that anodizing messes with the spacing inside the marker, I'm fed-up with manufactures not thinking **** through COMPLETELY.

Kingman only says you cannot post the video, right? What if it were, say, to fall "randomly" in my hands and be posted by me? ;)

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 09:43 AM
there is no need to post the video just do it your self... heres a pic
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd171/tokensteve/photo-1.jpg

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
EVERY regulator has some kind of piston and a seat seal... so every company has to use these "secondary" parts to make there markers work if they want it operating at low pressure... not sure how your point makes sense... but every is entitled to their own opinion :)

bigred76
03-26-2008, 09:57 AM
Buy a Threshold, you might understand after that. I see your point, but if it is milled with that width accounted for, then the seat would not be needed, and would permanently be LP output of up to 500psi.

Of course, Kingman might also have had the foresight of users needing the full 800psi output and thus purposefully made it so the seat can be removed without leaking, but I didn't get enough sleep last night and can't follow the thought fully.

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 10:08 AM
lol... have had those nights... the seat is removable on most regs so it can be replaced... eventually it tends to wear down... it is a lot cheaper to replace the seat then the entire piston...

bigred76
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Point taken. Makes more sense now!

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 10:18 AM
pm me your issue with your threshold...

swoosh81
03-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I wouldn't be making the statement that your a kingman tech., that's not a good move to make. Not alot of quality rolls out the doors.

As far as the VS reg. it will not work, everyone go ahead and try and watch it leak. Then ask Wannabetech Steve why.

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 04:45 PM
it's already been stated that i'm a tech... learn the facts... and i like how your still arguing that it won't work... that seat has no sealing purpose... just think about how the reg works, that seat does not help anything to seal at all... but if you guys dont want tech advice that's fine...

Tech Steve
03-26-2008, 04:46 PM
your wish is my command... video is on it's way...

bigred76
03-26-2008, 05:28 PM
OK, took a cat nap and feel more intelligent again. Swoosh, why are you arguing with someone who techs the damn things for a living??? I'd think that since he's still a tech -- he must be at least reasonably good at it as he hasn't been fired -- he'd know better than most.

Even if you aren't going to listen to his words and understand the basic function of a paintball regulator, you could always listen to mine and realize that I agree with him because he's right.

Go ahead and rip down your regulator and see what we're talking about. If you still think you're right after that blatant, blunt proof, then you probably should stop posting. Idiocy is not an excuse for an argument here on SOC.

With that said, I don't think we'll need the vid, Steve. Don't tempt the thin lines of your employment for the likes of an e-argument. :rolleyes: I'd say this thread is done right here.

EDIT: Just thought of an easy way to describe the seat! The seat is like the seat under your ass, it just sits there keeping it elevated off the floor. Likewise, the only purpose of the regulator seat in this regulator is to act as a buffer. :waytogo:

Muddytaco
03-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Enough of the senseless arguing the thread is being locked.