01-20-2008, 06:17 PM
who will win?

marvin-martian
01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
not my night =[=[=[=[=[==[ x infinity

vikingshadow
01-20-2008, 06:18 PM
They both already did! :devil:

I'm a Rams fan :rolleyes: since several years before most of you were born (can you say Los Angeles/Anaheim), so I really don't care who wins now.

kramernator
01-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by marvin-martian
not my night =[=[=[=[=[==[ x infinity

same here, the packers had plenty of chances, they just couldn't move th ball

if that giants kicker would have missed one more and the packers won he would have probably committed suicide

Muddytaco
01-20-2008, 06:21 PM
I hate the pats but i bet they win.

I loved the shanked kick from the giants at the end of the game, lol that was great.

newkid
01-20-2008, 06:25 PM
add a poll. Marv same here except X infinity to the power of infinate

Hossy
01-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Giants are my team.
If Tynes didnt make the last field goal, I would have killed him.

pb34
01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Giants are my team.

Same here. What a great game!

kramernator
01-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hossy

someone else probably would of got to him before you:)

how do i add a poll?

Hossy
01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I believe you go to Go advanced and scroll down some

Tynes....well atleast I would have been there to help hide the body.

vikingshadow
01-20-2008, 06:38 PM
I did it for you because I don't think you can since someone else already posted. That, and I wanted to see if I could, and I could!

kramernator
01-20-2008, 06:42 PM
oh, never mind someone already took care of it

thanks vike!

mr1newbie
01-20-2008, 06:53 PM
I think the Pats win the Superbowl, but like the Pats/Giants game on the last week of the season, I think it will be close.

SpyderMan723
01-20-2008, 07:00 PM
Pats all day baby 19-0

Hossy
01-20-2008, 07:02 PM
Pats all day baby 19-0*

*cheated in one game

fixed...again :rolleyes:

SpyderMan723
01-20-2008, 07:15 PM

wow r u seriously gonna b like that?
they caught mangini doing the same thing so every team must do it but we just got caught.
and we paid thru the @$$ in fines for it

interceptorMR2
01-20-2008, 07:20 PM
GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i like the pats slightly more, but it would be nice to see eli get some spotlight after all that of what his brother did)

Hossy
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
wow r u seriously gonna b like that?
they caught mangini doing the same thing so every team must do it but we just got caught.
and we paid thru the @$$ in fines for it

The question is, are you gonna be like that?
If every team in the NFL cheats, you all still got caught. There is something to say for that. Im not saying the patriots even did cheat, but they got caught doing something scandelous. Dont avoid the sware filter. That sentence doesnt even make sense.

Im a Giants fan, so I will be optimistic for my team. I havent bandwagoned like many people out there have for the Pats. 19-0 is amazing, but in my opinion it hurts the sport.

EDIT: Eli deserves alot of credit, even if you dont like him or the Giants. Look at what hes accomplished in this season, with alot of people, as well as announcers, in his face. Hes come a long way. Whatever happens in the Super bowl, hes had a great season and he will be even better next year. Not just looking at the Giants, but look at how Farve came out this season, many people said he was to old to play. Both these teams had proved alot, and the Packers should feel very appreciative of what they have accomplished this season as well.

colonel_moo
01-20-2008, 07:40 PM
19-0.

SpyderMan723
01-20-2008, 09:00 PM
19-0.
thank you we got some pats fans in the buildin!

HeadShot
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
pats are gonna win. bar none. after that display of last nights Giant game...

I mean realy 3 times to make a FG ...especialy when the 2nd time could have won the game vs the pack. not good. imo

vikingshadow
01-21-2008, 03:47 AM
This thread WILL remain open so long as you guys keep it civil.

Oh, and SpyderMan723 - don't avoid the swear filter. It can earn you a temp vacation. Just a friendly warning and suggestion for you to go back and edit your thread. We can figure out what you're saying by the number of *'s there are in a word...

newkid
01-21-2008, 03:55 AM
I dont like either choice but I ****ing hate the pats and the bandwagoners

pbfreak3221
01-21-2008, 06:11 AM
I don't have a doubt in my mind, that my team the pats will win.

TheRedBarron
01-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Honestly want us to go back and play the jets again without spying on them? its the jets... the dolphins would have had a chance at it.

durrell
01-21-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm a bandwagon Pats fan this year. We're seeing something that may not happen again for decades.

The Giants are going to get steamrolled. They are effective against the run, but not against the pass. Well they were effective against the pass yesterday, but still. Randy Moss is going to have a field day.

All I can say is the best team did not win yesterday. The Packers had the better team all year. And I can't say the Pats would have won if San Diego had been fully healthy..but then again it's very possible that they were holding back to avoid injuring anyone.

I can guarantee you one thing: Tom Brady will not have 3 INT's next week.

TheRedBarron
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Correction Doc...

Randy Moss, Donte Stallworth, Wess Welker, and Jabar Gaffney not to mention someone named Tom Brady, are going to have a field day.

shunut
01-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Anybody who plans on going to the Super Bowl can stay at my house if they can't find a hotel. I couldn't careless who wins. I like neither team. I'd have to say I hate the Pats more, and I'm really not sure why, I just don't like them. I really don't think they are a true 16-0 team. Yeah they did it but I don't think they won all their games, I think the other team lost it, which resulted in a Pats win.

I'm a bandwagon Pats fan this year.

At least you're willing to admit it. I hate people who claim to be die hard fans when you know that they aren't.

durrell
01-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Yeah. I just figure they're so close, why not make history?

I can go back to hating them next year. Maybe. lol.

Hossy
01-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Honestly want us to go back and play the jets again without spying on them? its the jets... the dolphins would have had a chance at it.

But why would you want to even do that on the Jets? I could see a team doing it for a high caliber team like Dallas, Ind, San Diego, etc. but the Jets?

They still got caught, and did it. Theres something to be said about it.

as I said I like the Giants. Do I think that were going to win? Not really unless something out of the ordinary happens. As stated above, we are not the best defensive team. We need a better secondary, but our D line is maybe the best in the league. Im not expecting us to win, but forreal, its not like we dont have a chance.

New York Giants Keys to winning the game:
Hit Brady Early, establish the pass rush.
Establish both Bradshaw and Jacobs running styles, and let them run.
SP Teams needs to not do stupid fumbles/other errors
The game revolves around Manning, If he does well, it will be a decent game. If he comes out as he did at the beginning of the season, Ill have my white flag out!

New England Patriots Keys to winning the game:
Get the pass game started
Work the ball to all of the receivers
Moorony (sp) will have to show his versitility with catching and running.
Brady needs to perform as he did in the last 3 super bowls.
If the patriots show there Passing game early, and it is successful, the Giants wont have a chance. The RB's on NE will fry and pick the defense apart.

TheRedBarron
01-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Do it tothe jets because EVERY other team in football does the same, and really it isnt that we got caught as much as it was that the Jets wanted an excuse for their sad showup, not to mention they were bitter at the attitudes of the Pats after winning (as I can say most teams are lol) I am not saying that the Pats are God or anything but really if you think spygate affected the turnout of the Jets game look at the rest of the season, compared to that of the Jets season... it wouldnt have mattered.

vikingshadow
01-21-2008, 11:52 AM
Go Rams!

:devil:

Hossy
01-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Go Rams!

guess your a few years in the past.....
Ill let you in on a secret from the future, Kurt Warner leaves :o

bamf-hacker
01-21-2008, 12:18 PM
Well let me just say i am glad i did not log onto SOC until after I was done watching the games on DVR. If I saw this thread I would have been livid.

I value my football time and hate to know outcomes before I see them. Those of you that have IM'd me during the games know what I mean.

Now with that said, I would like to see the Giants take it from those cheaters :)

kramernator
01-21-2008, 12:26 PM
me to, although i don't think it will happen, i really want the giants to win

vikingshadow
01-21-2008, 01:57 PM

What? No way! Man, that means the Rams are gonna stink again!

Now I'm bummed....

newkid
01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
LOL!!!

Hoppy11
01-22-2008, 11:44 AM
As Tom Brady said earlier this year.

What if we aren't human?

weitjosh
01-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Go Rams!

man i have been a rams fan for a long time. and who needs kurt warner, when you ahve s. jackson. too many injuries this year.

on the subject......i would LOVE to see the giants roll the pats, shut all you mouthy "die hard" pats fans up. i agree with (can't member who said it) in sayin that about 5 of the pats wins were the other team, def not them.

all i can say is im gonna be a giants fan for about 60 mins of football that sunday

irishwarrior
01-27-2008, 07:31 AM
38-0!!!!!! 19 this year, 19 next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :butwiggle: :butwiggle: :tank2:

PS: I'm really a Steelers fan, but the Pats are my secondary. My dad's from New England and that means I can't vote against the Pats if I want allowance. I'm just bummed the Steelers lost to the Jags. They were SO CLOSE!!!!

weitjosh
01-27-2008, 09:33 AM
arent the steelers and pats afc rivals???

irishwarrior
01-27-2008, 01:10 PM
arent the steelers and pats afc rivals???

Steelers and Browns are archnemisisis Here's info from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_steelers):

The Pittsburgh Steelers are a professional American football team based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. They are members of the North Division of the American Football Conference (AFC), in the National Football League (NFL). The Steelers are the oldest and most championed franchise in the AFC. The team has appeared in six Super Bowls and, along with the San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys, are one of three teams to have won the Super Bowl five times. They have appeared in 13 Conference Championship Games and have hosted more conference championship games than any other NFL franchise. They are the only team in NFL playoff history to win a Super Bowl after being seeded sixth in the playoffs, winning three consecutive games on the road followed by a Super Bowl XL victory in Detroit on February 5, 2006 against the Seattle Seahawks. They are also the only sixth-seeded team in NFL history to advance to a conference championship game as well as win one.The Pittsburgh Steelers have three primary rivals, all within their division: Cleveland Browns, Baltimore Ravens, and Cincinnati Bengals

Historic rivalries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_steelers#Historic_rivals)

pbfreak3221
01-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Don't always trust what you read on Wikipedia, The Patriots have often had a rivalry with the Steelers, although not as prominent as some of their others, I would still consider it a rivalry.

irishwarrior
01-27-2008, 01:15 PM
The principle rivalry has ALWAYS been the Cleveland team. The Pats and the Steelers faced each other a few times and you're right that it is a rivalry (thanks dictionary.com) though not a big or historic one.

pbfreak3221
01-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Says the Virginian to the Bostonian.

irishwarrior
01-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Most of my mom's family lives in Pittsburgh and I have been taught to be a Steelers fan from birth, thank you very much. The reason I even live in VA is because my mom's military and we have lived all over the place.

durrell
01-27-2008, 01:44 PM
The Steelers' primary rivalry in recent years has been with Indianapolis.

But, if you wanna really get down to brass tacks, everyone has been out to get the Pats. Because they are the standard for what a football team should be. They're the USC of college football, the UNC of college basketball, etc.

newkid
01-27-2008, 01:53 PM
they're big rivals with the bengals but...well they pretty much suck now (funny, they're good for a year or two then suck again)

Hossy
01-27-2008, 05:51 PM
The Steelers' primary rivalry in recent years has been with Indianapolis.

the Steelers new rivalry is themselves lolz

WhatThaSmurf
01-27-2008, 07:51 PM
As much as I think it would be interesting for the Pats to win, I would definitely not be disappointed if they lost. In fact, I would probably start laughing hysterically. Aww, poor Tom Brady, going undefeated and then choking when it really counts! Hahaha!

swoosh81
01-27-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm pulling for the G Men to win but know the Pats will be taking the Lombardi trophy home with them.

kramernator
02-01-2008, 09:11 AM
well we will find out in two days

man i hope the giants win, or should i say "i hope the patriots lose"

TheRedBarron
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
My wager is still available for takers $500 on the pats...

Ace24
02-01-2008, 09:13 AM
I hate the pats but i bet they win.

I loved the shanked kick from the giants at the end of the game, lol that was great.

Agreed.

(Psst, btw, we can have signatures now?)

spray and pray
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
pats. They have been my favorite team for a LONG time.

Hossy
02-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Agreed.

(Psst, btw, we can have signatures now?)

we can have sigs? what is a sig?
if you mean pics, yes mwhahahhahhaa

deano 177
02-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Go Rams!

They cheated against them too!

WhatThaSmurf
02-08-2008, 06:07 AM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d45/WhatThaSmurf/TomBradyAchievement.jpg

spray and pray
02-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Lolololol

chubb0rz
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
How funny it is to go back and read some of the stuff wrote. Was rooting for the Gaints all the way.

Hossy
02-13-2008, 04:08 PM
How funny it is to go back and read some of the stuff wrote. Was rooting for the Gaints all the way.

Bandwagon-

chubb0rz
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Bandwagon-

Haha if you only knew. My team is the Cowboys but after they beat us and the Pac I didnt want Pats to win.

Trust me I was rooting for anyone to beat the pats. Including Ravens, Chargers, Colts, Eagles, Jax and yes even my Cowboys.

Like they say 18 and doh!

chubb0rz
02-14-2008, 04:43 AM
Not sure how many of you have seen this but I thought it as funny: http://youtube.com/watch?v=iS-cFMwy8V8

video called "shady brady and bill belicheat"