PDA

View Full Version : 200 Psi???

ZERO
01-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Hi All, I have a VS3 that I just bought.....It seems pretty new and hardly used but it has a "Smart Parts" mini guage on it.......When I first put my tank on (48/3000) it went through about half of it when it was set at 200....The screw was out all the way to even get it there......I have since turned it down to about 160 - 180 and it doesn't have any recocking issues and it is not going through the air as much........I am wondering if mabye the guage is off? Should I get a new mini guage? Also, is the 14 inch barrel tip any better then the stock? and what paint are you all using with this marker? I have diablo heat....They seem to work good with my Pilot......

Thanks all! :D

Dave

faithalone
01-22-2008, 07:26 AM
it sounds like your gauge might be off..i had a bob long gauge do the same thing and it drove me crazy cause i thought my pressure was at 240 or so when it was really so low i couldnt get my velocity up...

gauges are cheap and easy to fix so that would be a easy way to tell by just dropping another one on there.. unscrew your old gauge..apply teflon to the new gauge on the threads and screw it on... be sure to get a higher pressure gauge.. i like the 0-600 or 0-750 gauges or if you cant find one of those then go with a 0-1200 gauge...

as far as paintball...i personally had a horrible time with diablo heat that i will never by them again..it could have been the batch though....

for casual play i have had good luck with:

draxxus bronze
zen
premium

Believe it or not Gander Mountain had a case of Nelson paintballs on sale for like $27 bucks and they worked really well.....

best of luck

king-man
01-22-2008, 07:33 AM
how can you stand a 1200psi guage, i had one and could never tell wher my psi was at

faithalone
01-22-2008, 08:24 AM
i dont like the 1200 psi either.... that is why i said:

or if you cant find one of those then go with a 0-1200 gauge...

Hob Hayward
01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
For a VS, I'd get a 300 psi gauge... better accuracy for those pressures.

deano 177
01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
For a VS, I'd get a 300 psi gauge... better accuracy for those pressures. That's what my vs3 came with. Its brand new out of the box.

faithalone
01-22-2008, 02:51 PM
my vs originally came with a 300 psi gauge but when is sent it off to spyder it came back with a 0-600 gauge which i like more because if you accidentally up the pressure a but too high it will not blow the gauge as easy.

ZERO
01-22-2008, 02:52 PM
Cool, Thanks! I actually went with a 0-600 and I can read it no problem now...It certainly was the guage that was bad!! I went and bought some stingers and will be getting some fresh ones from the pro shop on the next round......These Stingers seem pretty good.......

king-man
01-23-2008, 05:41 AM
which i like more because if you accidentally up the pressure a but too high it will not blow the gauge as easy.
yeah i think my buddies vs2 did that, it doesnt recock right but says the pressure is low, i think he blew it right out of the box because the needle is a little wierd looking

ZERO
01-23-2008, 07:36 AM
Yeah, The one on mine was pointing at the 6 o'clock not even at the 0....New guage and it works perfectly and at least I know where the PSI is at now.....

Dave