PDA

View Full Version : Team Websites

vikingshadow
01-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Ok, so with the advent of the new season, and BIG plans by our team I've been asked to make a new website for the new team.

Go here to see it... (http://www.freewebs.com/picassotrigger/index.htm)

Do teams operate their own team sites anymore? I haven't really see any lately - but I haven't really been looking, either...

Anywho, I know it's just a freewebs page, but I kind of like it! Plus, I've always sort of liked building them - kind of cool to see them develop and all. If you want, go visit and let me what you think.

In the meantime, do any of you guys have team sites built?

SupaSnipa
01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Looks VERY good 2 :up: :up: for me

Muddytaco
01-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Looks pretty good but the background was throwing my eyes off before the page fully loaded.

I have a page for my team but haven't updated in two years lol....need to update for this year.

vikingshadow
01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Haha - I can't ever find a background I like for these things. I really need to invest in Photoshop, I guess. I have Photoshop elements 2.0, but that really doesn't work with just backgrounds...

Thanks for the props, guys!

LostCause
01-20-2008, 02:24 PM
i have to start makeing my teams....it may just be a myspace as a temp. cause of school right now (Finals and SAT/ACTs :(, plus the ASVAB)

Looks nice vike! good luck this season!

HeadShot
01-20-2008, 03:34 PM
(Finals and SAT/ACTs :(, plus the ASVAB).....

Good luck on that ASVAB. Anything lower than a 20 and you'll cook for everybody on base. unless you go infantry :) or if you join the navy maybe AO. dude...If I were you I would try to stay on meps for a year or two and then see if you can't get into F-35 school. that would be kick ars.

Nice team site Vike! It would be neat to see what markers every one shoots with. JAS.

vikingshadow
01-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Actually, that's something I forgot to add. Thanks for reminding me!

We're using this site as a go-to place for potential sponsors, so I need to add a page to show everyone's gear...I'll do that pretty quickly.

LostCause
01-20-2008, 04:38 PM
Let's take this conversation to the PM's. This is a thread about team websites, not the military.

newkid
01-20-2008, 05:49 PM
nice site, I like the backround

vikingshadow
01-20-2008, 05:50 PM
So, anyone else have any team websites? Post them up in this thread - that's what it's here for!

mv540
01-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Here's mine, though I havent updated like a couple of months. Maybe there are some grammar mistakes, let me know if you see some mistake, so I can fix it. Remember I suck at english. heh.

http://www.percast.webs.com

and vike, I like your page, I like the count down you have in your event schedule.

LostCause
01-23-2008, 02:27 PM
my teams temp site, till i get the time to really put in it (that and htis just builds a base so ill keep it going for as long as ppl care to look at it lol)

www.myspace.com/lostcausepbteam

(WORK IN PROGRESS BY A MILLION PERCENT!!!!!)
Trying to find someone creative to make a logo for us

Yall's websites are so nice, keep up the work!

(Sorry admins)

king-man
01-23-2008, 03:13 PM
ours isnt much, pretty shameful havent updated it since before chrismas
eXtreme 3 (http://x3pb.110mb.com)

applesauce
01-23-2008, 05:02 PM
any way to make your pics into thumbs so they can be viewed in a larger format?

vikingshadow
01-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Who are you talking too? Me? Or one of these other guys?

If it was me, I probably could....I'd have to find the originals and see how big they are originally...

colonel_moo
01-23-2008, 05:58 PM
use a solid color for they background. anything else is too distracting and looks like crap IMO.

Otherwise, looks pretty good

timbertiger20
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Some advice..........use a real web host.........ads don't look so hot! $60 per year unlimited space and you have your own team.com site!
https://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v2/pages.planExpertplan
I use these guys.........awesome customer service with unlimited everything and your fees for your .com are paid for!

colonel_moo
01-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Some advice..........use a real web host.........ads don't look so hot! $60 per year unlimited space and you have your own team.com site!
https://www.ixwebhosting.com/index.php/v2/pages.planExpertplan
I use these guys.........awesome customer service with unlimited everything and your fees for your .com are paid for!

$60 a year for a team website! If you pay that, you're a bigtime sucker. You're never going to get enough traffic to justify that. For my old PB team website i paid 20/year for 500mb and 5 gig transfer. thats more than you'll ever need even if you host a few videos. If we didnt want to host videos, we could have gone with the $5/year plan. thats without domain, but we got a subdomain which was fine (and free).

bottom line, I'm with timbertiger. pay SOMETHING for your site to get the ads/spyware off. for the content you have on freewebs now, the cheapest of cheap plans will suffice ($5/year or less). get a subdomain if you dont want to shell out for that .com. Btw, if any of the team members are in college, they might get free webhosting. I know i do (SQL databases and all) so i host my hockey team's website for free.

timbertiger20
01-24-2008, 09:31 AM
I pay more than that but I have lots of stuff going on. I could throw you on my server if you want Vike.............but I'd still recommend that you purchase the .com which is easy if you want to do it! Hit me up on Skype!

xsvly-fat
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM

haha wow your a sucker i pay $30 for our freewebs account :dodgy:

timbertiger20
01-24-2008, 06:56 PM
But I have unlimited everything...........I store all my MP3's on there and run two large forums and all of our team stuff.........We get about 10 gigs of transfer on our one web forum. Also host about 12 gigs of video!

mv540
01-24-2008, 08:19 PM
whats your teams page? any links?....meh I think Timb owns that web hosting, he is defending it very well :rolleyes:

DriverJ
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
yeah my team does

Specter Paintball (http://specterpaintball.co.nr) (its best viewed using IE)

timbertiger20
01-24-2008, 09:21 PM
whats your teams page? any links?....meh I think Timb owns that web hosting, he is defending it very well :rolleyes:

LOL if only! I'd love to own an underground bunker full of servers. It happends to be the number one host on most of the lists.........I've tried others but......I like this one! The other thing I have run into is this company backs up every night and holds the tape drives for 30 days.........so when I screw something up on one of my sites.........they just restore it!

vikingshadow
01-25-2008, 04:41 AM
I don't know if I want to put money into something that isn't going to make me money, if you know what I mean. It's hard to justify my paintball spending these days, as I already spend anywhere from 20 - 150 (that last number is very rarely) bucks a weekend on paintball (not counting tournaments and depending on what I need/want to buy). I'm not even the team owner or captain so I'm really just doing a service for the team. It's just giving away money - if I wanted to do that, I'd give it to my kids and wife, haha!

A couple ads don't hurt my feelings that much, I hardly even notice them most times. But, I'll TRY to get with you today, if things finally slow down for me - although it doesn't look like it...

QAZ123
01-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Semi team I'm playing with in the CTS novice division this year. Played a tourney with them in December and have one with them tomorrow.
www.myspace.com/thekingsofkaos

My pump team I'm on there roster.
http://www.myspace.com/3evpaintball

I'm captain of my own pump team but have no time to handle a site as I already manage 3 myspace sites lol.

JB.