PDA

View Full Version : extra credit help!

claustrophobia9
02-15-2006, 02:21 AM
what is the significance of this logo/picture.
tell me if you cant see it... https://www.edline.net/dynimg/docid/2575779853330140722/ea/false/cci/1140002110747

marvin-martian
02-15-2006, 02:48 AM
shows all the colors? i dont know...whats it for? that would help.

claustrophobia9
02-15-2006, 03:02 AM
its my government teacher, but hell do extra credit on anything. to me it looks like a black egg, or a black football, with the letters "DTR" then on the next line what looks like "1F" i blew it up and its a dead match. colors are from top to bottom:
yellow: banana yellow
orange: sherbert orange
blue: like a blue grey sort of mix
green: "viridian"
purple: magenta
dark blue: navy
red: just red

shunut
02-15-2006, 04:04 AM
What would you say those color things stick out are? Wires?

gailon24
02-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah looks like some sort of connector or circuit piece to me. Like, I unno, maybe something plugs into the side of the black piece where you can't see

big_daddy_d
02-15-2006, 09:25 AM
New tool for acupuncture, or a home lobotomy kit...

DRAGON
02-15-2006, 11:58 AM
it looks like a rainbow necked rear view mirror for a car. i think you should make the pic even smaller so it's even more obscure than it is now lol - :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
02-15-2006, 12:12 PM
shunut, my dad thought that too, my mom thinks its a bomb, and dragon, although i apreciate your sarcasm, thats the orignal image that was given by my teacher, posted on edline.net... the current picture location.

marvin-martian
02-15-2006, 12:19 PM
!!! its a diagram of a virus injecting its stuff into the host!!

shunut
02-15-2006, 12:41 PM
I did a search on DTR and also a image search on DTR but didn't come up with much. Also did an acronym search and it came up with a couple things but nothing that I would think is correct for this assignment. Wish I could help more. He doesn't give you anymore info about the picture?

claustrophobia9
02-15-2006, 01:10 PM
I did a search on DTR and also a image search on DTR but didn't come up with much. Also did an acronym search and it came up with a couple things but nothing that I would think is correct for this assignment. Wish I could help more. He doesn't give you anymore info about the picture?
my teacher has been considered to be odd, it wouldnt suprise me much if it was a little off subect... the past 2 questions were:

who was on the $500 dollar bill?

and what is this man's /pic/ significance to our class? (pic was of the green party's nominee for president)

this one was a little different... heres the exact wording of the question he has never put quotation marks around importance of or w/e so that might be a clue) he also stated it was an OBJECT which contridicts many people's belief that it is a political party's icon:The first student to email me "the importance of" the object shown above will receive 7 pts extra credit (7/0)

marvin-martian
02-15-2006, 01:21 PM
are you allowed multiple guesses?

FredPo
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Alright, I may be way off with this idea but here goes. I was trying to think of terms of history and related ideas so.... how about that picture represents the idea of America and the "melting pot". We are one nation but is habitated by people of many colors. In another words, the black egg looking thing represents our country and the various colors of the wires represent the many different cultures/races that are part of our country. Just a thought, I may be way off on that one.
It's either that or a old school nerf football :)
Fred

DexGtr
02-15-2006, 01:26 PM
The first student to email me "the importance of" the object shown above will receive 7 pts extra credit (7/0)

email him with a mesage that says.... "The Importance of" :D you get 7 points easy. :p

claustrophobia9
02-15-2006, 01:28 PM
email him with a mesage that says.... "The Importance of" :D you get 7 points easy. :p
i just did, and he hasnt said anything about not being able to send multiple answers in.... i sent in 2 but i wouldnt push it by guessing everything

marvin-martian
02-15-2006, 01:29 PM
wow fred...thats intense

shunut
02-15-2006, 02:28 PM
:yeahthat:

Thats a great answer and if claus sent that in, I'd give him extra credit for it.

Ares
02-15-2006, 02:34 PM
its clearly a phallic symbol containing all the colors of the rainbow representing gay pride? the wires are stripped at the end to show that it is unsheathed and out and ready... everything is a phallic symbol to my english teacher :dodgy:

claustrophobia9
02-15-2006, 03:56 PM
"class, to me, that look on your face when i say "we're having a test" as a phallic symbol, and that groan you let out with it... well we wont get into that"

xtraking
02-15-2006, 04:18 PM
Alright, I may be way off with this idea but here goes. I was trying to think of terms of history and related ideas so.... how about that picture represents the idea of America and the "melting pot". We are one nation but is habitated by people of many colors. In another words, the black egg looking thing represents our country and the various colors of the wires represent the many different cultures/races that are part of our country. Just a thought, I may be way off on that one.
It's either that or a old school nerf football :)
Fred

i was going to say that same exact thing. That is probably one of the meanings of this picture.

Dave

claustrophobia9
02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
ok i came up with some bs (cuz teachers like that) answer, about how the importance doesnt lie in the correct answer but it lies in the variation of wrong answers recieved... heres what i wrote:

"The Importance of the black, egg-like object with colored lines
extending from the right and DTR 1F etending from it, is its
symbolism. The object can be viewed important by many people, but in
many different ways; some believe that the object holds its
significance in the colors, others in the shape, and others in the
letters which they believ they see coming from it. Contrary to these
beliefs, the object is not important with only one, or without them
all. This object symbolizes every single event, statement, issue, law,
etc. in the world, because of how people respond to it. Like the
response to this object, a certain event may have different meaning to
one person than it does to another because of thier two different
views. Although our views are different, the object remains the same.
The object is merely numbers which, when interpreted by a computer
become a "picture" in which pixels of different colors, combine to
form an object. This object is then recieved by our eyes, and
interpreted by our brains, which analyze it until we can no longer
think of any posibility to what it could mean. What does it mean? It
means electrical signals being sent from one machine to another, and
from our our computer moniter, into our eyes and broken back down into
electrical signals. This object has no significance, yet it has all
the significance in the world, because this object is miniscule
compared to our universe, yet without it the universe would be
incomplete. It has been a cause for the effect of the development of
the students' minds which will use this as a cause later in their
lives to acomplish whatever they acomplish, all because of desire, of
the hope that one may correctly guess what this object is, because as
it was once said "Hope, it is the quintessential human delusion,
simultaneously the source of your greatest strength, and your greatest
weakness.". The importance of this object is that if helps us find our
purpose, because it is purpose that created us; Purpose that connects
us; Purpose that pulls us; That guides us; That drives us; It is
purpose that defines us; Purpose that binds us."

two matrix quotes= lots of e.c.

h3ctor
02-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Id say it was something u plug into a button to raise the temperature by 1 fahrenheit. theres my contribution.
actually i have no ideat what it is , but there is also no importance, I bet if you submitted that as an answer, youd get full points.