PDA

View Full Version : Etek

king-man
01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
i was thinking about buyin an Etek from firstcall, know there older but i just want a nice gun, cheaper, and new hers the link : http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/category-99_4105/product-9608/paintball-guns-planet-eclipse-planet-eclipse-planet-eclipse-etek-marker-urban.html?zenid=5a7fdf5fb2b5965ea1cffd2193d00df3

SupaSnipa
01-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Pretty nice guns and Firstcall is a great place to buy from. I'm not sure if they still have it but about a month back they had an Etek, Halo B, NXE Pack and some other thing for like $630

LostCause
01-20-2008, 06:13 AM
i wouldnt say they are a older marker, and imo they look better then the Etek 2's, i think you should go for it. Great gun, easy to clean (i ogt into them because i talkedto some college guys who us them. Say they havent ever had a problem.

MVS1
01-20-2008, 06:45 AM
Supa, Here's the link to the Ego package you mentioned...http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/pages-productinfo/category-2120_4231/product-10111/paintball-gun-packages-planet-eclipse-planet-eclipse-planet-eclipse-etek-ready-to-play-kit-jungle.html?zenid=5a7fdf5fb2b5965ea1cffd2193d00df3 , Pretty good deal for the package. As for the Etek, their good markers. In the same price range I'd look at a Protege, newer tech, very good efficiency and much quieter than the Etek. You should be able to find a used 07 Ego in that price range as well.

king-man
01-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I woudl buy a used Ego but im a little iffy about buin a used gun, jsut dont want a beatn gun

king-man
01-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Ok, ive got another question about it, can it beat epihpanys/ions/eos , can it hang with like pm's or rails, just nicer guns, or like shockers, could it keep up with those

swoosh81
01-22-2008, 01:47 PM
It's about the player, not the gun.
Without it having qev's it would be hard pressed to reach 20bps, if that's your question. The Star frame will allow it to shoot faster because that has qev's. I'd suggest taking a look at pbnation in the Etek section and look at the stickies.

king-man
01-22-2008, 02:07 PM
What's so different about the originals and the etek2's, the regs and the fact its 2k8 and not 2k6

king-man
01-23-2008, 01:52 PM
what exactly are qev's and is the star frame the only way or could you get a virtue board and do the same, or does virtue even make one for it?

LostCause
01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
qev just makes the gun preform better, and you can pu a virtue baord in w/O the start frame.

king-man
01-23-2008, 05:19 PM
So swoosh said w/o qevs it would be hard to hit 20, would it be as jard to hit say 15-17

swoosh81
01-24-2008, 05:22 AM
The gun will starve for air at that high r.o.f. without the qev. Personally the $250 price tag of a Star frame is not worth it. The gun has no problems of shooting up to 15bps. You'd have more luck with your VS shooting faster. You can put a Virtue in it but to me that's worthless. Seriously check out the Etek sticky at pbnation, it will answer all your questions. If you ask a question in that forum be prepared to get flamed. They don't take kindly to questions being asked.

king-man
01-24-2008, 01:09 PM
If you ask a question in that forum be prepared to get flamed. They don't take kindly to questions being asked.
lol, so ive heard, i was thinking about jsut buing a used ego 06-7, got i hate to spend the money though

swoosh81
01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Just think with the money you spent on your VS you could have a 07Ego. If you want a gun that is better then any Ego look into a Gen4 Timmy. They are insanely cheap right now.

king-man
01-24-2008, 04:30 PM
are those the intimidators?

king-man
01-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Just think with the money you spent on your VS you could have a 07Ego
:dodgy: ya unfortunatly i relaized that when i added up how much i had in my gun a few weeks or so ago. any idea of what i coudl get out of my gun with all the stock parts included and a vs3 frame

swoosh81
01-24-2008, 05:16 PM
:dodgy: ya unfortunatly i relaized that when i added up how much i had in my gun a few weeks or so ago. any idea of what i coudl get out of my gun with all the stock parts included and a vs3 frame

If your lucky a trade for a Gen IIII Timmy. Maybe you'll have to add a little bit of $$$. Check some of the b/s/t sections and just offer up your gun plus $ for whatever gun your looking at. Maybe even sell it to the trademygun site.

DriverJ
01-24-2008, 06:22 PM
Ok, ive got another question about it, can it beat epihpanys/ions/eos , can it hang with like pm's or rails, just nicer guns, or like shockers, could it keep up with those

In tourney legal modes no marker will outshoot any other, but it will be a nicer marker than any of those you mentioned. I've shot the ion, epiphany and owned a rail and shot several PM's. The Etek is by far a superior product, and will not let you down.

Eclipse has bar none the best customer service too.

also the Etek will not top 15.4 BPS with a stock setup. the board I know for sure will not allow you to change to a higher rate. Besides what do you need to shoot more than that for?? no tourney will allow that and anything about 15 is honestly just a waste of paint if your not playin tourney.

Ace24
01-24-2008, 08:16 PM
what exactly are qev's and is the star frame the only way or could you get a virtue board and do the same, or does virtue even make one for it?
QEV is a Quick Exhaust Valve. It releases pressure in the gun much faster then it would leave without the QEV, making for quicker cycle rates.

I have one on my T-1.

If your lucky a trade for a Gen IV Timmy. Maybe you'll have to add a little bit of $$$.
Fixed :dodgy:

The gun will starve for air at that high r.o.f. without the qev.
No. It has an overload of air. The recharge rate of the regulator/LPR is what would starve the gun of air.

The gun has no problems of shooting up to 15bps. You'd have more luck with your VS shooting faster. You can put a Virtue in it but to me that's worthless.
VS will not shoot faster then an ETek. Not without having to worry about re cocking issues. You're comparing a blow back to an electro pneumatic. For one, the ETek will be much more consistent in it's velocity.

bigred76
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Gen4 Timmy? One of Bob's worst productions yet... I hate them with a passion! A MacDev Cyborg (the '06) or Protege would be better than an Etek, IMO... They're also in the same price range, too.

You CANNOT compare a VS blowback to an EP gun like an Etek like that. Plain and simple! The Etek, like Ace said, is an entirely different operation. The EP style that the Etek uses can easily, without breaking a sweat, hit 25+bps. And I mean that plus, it isn't there just because I want to make it seem better than it is like most manufactures. The VS'll hit 25bps, TOPS, before it starts having problems with air, and even if you could get it beyond that, it'd have to be insanely modded (more so than you've already done), to the point that it wouldn't pay off in the long run.

The Ego platform has hit 40bps (SL74 with Planet Eclipse's freakishly fast loader) on video, and the VS... haven't seen anything proving a top speed to me yet. My speed assumptions on them are based upon my experience with heavily modded Spyders.

swoosh81
01-25-2008, 04:21 AM
A stock Etek comapred to a Stock VS2, you can achieve higher rates of fire with the VS2 period. I've had both and the VS is faster. If you've never had and Etek keep your opinion to yourself because your wrong.

Who said anything about an SL74? Where the hell did that come from, left field. You remind me of Hilary and her dimwitted responses. You'd have a hell of an arguement on your hands saying that about that Gen 4 Timmy saying that to the right person. Maybe you should just hush up and not try to flame.

bamf-hacker
01-25-2008, 04:02 PM
OK both of you are done.

Everyone gets an opinion and with that neither of you can be wrong.

I say my Pump shoots faster than both of them, so there.

If you cant play nice don't play.