PDA

View Full Version : Ipod vid help...

Maxx-Damage
01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
So how would i take a vid from youtube or some other place and put it on my Ipod nano? I would think there would be a easy way, but idk. If it helps im using a 05 Mac g5 with tiger 10.4:D

Muddytaco
01-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Get a Ipod touch and you can just view it:p

I have done it before but it took along time. First I had to use a firefox plug in to rip the video off the website, then i had to download a program to change the flash file to AVI, then I had to use another program to go from AVI to .mp4

badlandsrox
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
i heard that theres like some program especially for that, vidora or something like that, try googling it, im not sure if its pay or not, but its worth checking out.

snoopdogg
01-19-2008, 08:16 PM
just download hypercam and u have to record the the vid off of youtube then u put that file onto itunes then onto ur ipod

HelpDeskHustler
01-20-2008, 05:30 AM
just download hypercam and u have to record the the vid off of youtube then u put that file onto itunes then onto ur ipod
there are at least 4 or 5 online services that do that. Never download useless converters anymore, it's all online.

firefox has 3+ extensions that download embedded videos and there are websites that will download and convert them.

Maxx-Damage
01-20-2008, 05:36 AM
So id have to download Firefox? I can use it on my mac? Its not gonna screw any of the programs or anything is it?

Ive got more questions, but i gotta go to work:( Dam 8hr shift...

pinkanese
01-20-2008, 07:37 AM
What generation nano is it?

HelpDeskHustler
01-20-2008, 08:16 AM
So id have to download Firefox? I can use it on my mac? Its not gonna screw any of the programs or anything is it?

Ive got more questions, but i gotta go to work:( Dam 8hr shift...
Uh... I'm pretty sure firefox works on mac. If it doesn't, someone needs to get their ass into gear. Firefox IMO is the best program you will ever have on your computer HANDS DOWN. All internet browsers are at the top of the list, but Firefox is the best, netscape or MSpaint IE browser(lol hax) would be near the bottom of the top. You can get extensions to simulate internet explorer for those horribly planned websites, extensions that remove cross site scripting, extensions that change a css file so web pages look differently, etc. the list goes on.

kramernator
01-20-2008, 09:02 AM
HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

use this, any video on youtube can be downloaded and it plays on the new ipod (i use it and it is great)

ipod converter (http://www.download.com/Videora-iPod-Converter/3000-2194_4-10781135.html)

plus it is free!!!!!!!!!

oh, and yes firefox does work on macs

Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
firefox has 3+ extensions that download embedded videos and there are websites that will download and convert them.

can you tell us more??

Maxx-Damage
01-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I can say i am very happy going from IE to safari. Firefox is that much better? If i dont like its rather easy to remove? Its easy to use? Best site to dwonload from?

And yeah, i dont know alot about computers, but i can do a few things...

kramernator
01-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by HelpDeskHustler
Firefox IMO is the best program you will ever have on your computer HANDS DOWN.

couldn't have said it better myself

jkersh
01-21-2008, 04:51 PM
^ that and launchy.

kramernator
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
never heard of it

jkersh
01-21-2008, 04:58 PM
http://www.launchy.net/