PDA

View Full Version : Tempurature question

Tjwild3
01-18-2008, 04:46 PM
i was gonna go paintballin tommorow but i realized it was only gonna be 22 degrees, i was wonder if it will do anything bad to my gun cus i run C02, btw i have a remote idk if that means anything but yah

kingny
01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
well just make sure that u get the right paintthat is made for winter time ... i would know u will be breaking like every 5 balls but idk wat else u could do....get a tank cover cuse ur tank s gonna get pretty cold !

MVS1
01-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Being that cold you'll probably notice your velocity is gonna be lower than usual, and yeah get some paint designed to handle the cold temp or your not going to have a very good day.

chnk
01-18-2008, 08:06 PM
won't effect your marker much. itll mess with ep guns but you don't have much to worry about,

it'll definitely mess with the paint though and make is super brittle, i highly suggest getting paint made for cold temp. you'll be breaking paint, but don't worry about it to much cause chances are so is everyone else

XSiv Force
01-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Since it will be cold metal tends to shrink, meaning the barrel, frame, and other metal, also if water forms due to the co2 you need to run something through the barrel before every match.

vikingshadow
01-19-2008, 06:34 AM
THe only trouble you should have is with brittle paintballs and low velocity. Co2 doesn't like cold weather - doesn't get warm enough to become a gas. Because of this, you may get liquid C02 in your gun, which will manifest itself as "snow" shooting out the barrel. Pretty cool to watch, but not really helpful! Your remote line should take care of the liquid though, but I'm not sure how well in the cold weather.

If you don't want to fork over the BIG bucks for winter paint, you can use normal paint. Just make sure to keep it in your car in the sun, or near the heater. I've been known to leave my car running with my paint on the floorboard to keep it warm. Oh, it helps to leave your gun in there between games as well, if you can!

XSiv Force
01-19-2008, 09:39 AM
With what he just said due the same with the co2, it wont stop it from forming but it will help some tell us how ya do in the end

Tjwild3
01-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Thanks guys, the unfortanute part is that it sleeted and all that stuff so it was to wet for me to play, and if it wasnt, thats ok guys i just got it and id rather be safe than sry, but thanks for the imput i will remember it for next time, which is probably next weekend