View Full Version : Regulator??

02-14-2006, 07:50 PM
I just bought a Spyder TL-X. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good regulator at a reasonable price that would fit my gun. If so, where can I buy it and how much?

02-14-2006, 09:02 PM
First of all welcome to the forum. You won't find a better group that is more willing to help anywhere on the net.

Best thing to do is find a used one on here or pbnation. I'd look for a Bob Long Torpedo Regulator, CP Regulator, WGP Ergo Regulator or a Palmer's Stabilizer.

02-14-2006, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the reply, I'll look into the specs on those models. Do those regulators just screw on to the same place as the stock expansion chamber?

Also, I was wondering about the velocity adjuster on my gun. Is there any way to find out how many FPS my gun is shooting without using the machine used at the paintball fields?

02-15-2006, 02:11 AM
A regulator will screw into a stock V/A on the TLX, as for chronoing, best be would be to buy one of the small hand held ones, that you can use wherever either at home or take to the field also

02-15-2006, 08:36 AM
Is there any way to find out how many FPS my gun is shooting without using the machine used at the paintball fields?

Cant a guage do this^^^^ and what is the regulator for????

02-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Cant a guage do this^^^^ and what is the regulator for????

Gauges on markers display the pressure passing by them. Has nothing to do with FPS.

A regulator can control how much pressure is going into the gun. It also keeps the pressure at a consistent volume.


02-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Thanks again for the replies.

I was looking into the CP Regulators. Does anyone know if they are worth it or not. They make regulators with gauges and without them. Do I need a gauge or is it just an accessory. Also, do shorter regulators have the same effect as the long ones, or is it just based upon preference? Cause they sure do look good. Any advice would be appreciated.

Heres The Link To The Site
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/BrowseCatalog-Start;sid=rmZdrQyIoc5dQU9728edBQYuvKRUsThUNcc=?Cat egoryName=paintball-gas-systems-regulators-custom-products-regulators

02-15-2006, 03:25 PM
cp reg's are good .. but they don't handle co2 that great ... what are you running on at this moment ??

A Bob long torp is a great reg, and you can find them used for 30 dollars. They handle co2 and hpa very well ... so you could just switch one after another.

That reg is just based on preference ... but one of them might have higher flow rate

Yep, the gauges just measures how much psi is running through the gun .. you'd need a chronograph .. which you could probably get somewhere for 20-50

02-15-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm using CO2 right now, and I probably won't upgrade to Nitro any time soon.

Also, I've heard people saying that the Kingman ACS Bolt needs to be properly broken in for it to work? How do you brake it in and what happens if you don't?

02-15-2006, 04:10 PM
well, then i'd say go for the torp, your gonna need macro fittings and macro also if you do this, as well as a new ASA.

The ACS bolt chops paint like crazy if it's not worn in .. all you really need to do is compress the spring over and over again .. or you can shoot it with air on a full 20 oz co2 tank 2 times.. or you can always stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes and then put it in warm water .. never hot

02-16-2006, 08:55 AM

I was wondering if there is any difference between the TL-X and the Xtra. If not, does that mean that the parts are interchangable, besides the cocking pin?

02-16-2006, 03:41 PM
well the tl-x is top cocking and the Xtra is rear. All parts are interchangable, and would work well with either.