PDA

View Full Version : need help plz any1

snoopdogg
01-17-2008, 10:11 PM
ok i know this is a nooby question but im new to hpa i just bought a tank but i goto this field that u fill the tank your self so i put the fill thing on the fill nipple then i press the button but what do i have to watch on the guage to go upto i have a dxs 48ci 3000psi tank and the pumps 3000psi output so its rite but does it turn off automatticly or when do i release the button

bigred76
01-17-2008, 10:46 PM
When the air stops filling (listen to the sound and when the air stops flowing), or (the proper way) you should fill it while watching the gauge going to 3000psi. If you're a hair under 3k PSI, then it doesn't matter too much. Just hit the button a little more. ;) If you have a problem with filling, hit up someone else that's filling their tank or just watch them; it's an easy process when it comes down to it, and someone shouldn't have any problems helping you figure it out.

One thing to note: the tank's pressure WILL drop after a couple minutes after getting it filled. This is due to the air friction making heat which raises the pressure, then the air cools down as it isn't being forced anywhere too quick anymore, so it lowers the PSI. Just letting you know so you don't think your tank's leakin' or something. :)

Out of curiousity, where do you play in Vallejo?

snoopdogg
01-18-2008, 08:03 PM
vallejo indoor paintball heres the website if u wanna c it http://www.vallejopaintball.com/welcome.htm but no1 really goes here on saterday or sunday unless its raining best place to go if it is raining and u still wanna play friday nights are the best u get tourny players there. a guy from xsv play there Micah McGlocklin he's good and cool he'll help u out if u got a problem with ur marker or nething

XSiv Force
01-18-2008, 09:51 PM
wow im surprised they do that. There is really no one there to watch someone incase the mess up (or hopefully not blow up) the tanks?

bigred76
01-18-2008, 10:14 PM
No, on most fields they don't. Reffing staff on the field is needed more than that.

XSiv Force
01-18-2008, 10:18 PM
in all the fields ive gone to never not seen someone do it for ya

vikingshadow
01-19-2008, 06:06 AM
It sounds like the OP is talking about the self-fill stations a lot of fields have these days. They're designed to allow the customer to just attach their tank, push a button or pull a lever and only release enough air to fill either a 3000 psi or a 4500 psi tank (depending on the fill station.)

In answer to his question, it should ONLY fill to 3000 psi (if that's what the fill station is) and no more. When it reaches that psi, it should stop filling (you can't get more than 3000 psi in a tank if you don't have more than whats in the main fill tank or there is a regulator set to only release that much at a time.) You should hear it slowing down as you get closer to the 3000 psi range and when it hits 3000 psi it will stop.

Normally, you won't get a full 3000 psi fill (or 4500 psi fill if that's the tank you use) even though your gauge says it is in this method because it's a fast fill. Air expands as it's released from the tank (that's why your tank get's hot) and as it cools, it drops in pressure. Slow fills over a few minutes are ideal. So, if you use this station and have time, fill your tank and wait a few minutes, then add more air to it.

snoopdogg
01-19-2008, 02:07 PM
ok thanks every1 for the help im gonna get my tank on tuesday orderd it off of actionvillage then im gonna go down to the field next sunday plus if i need ne help i'll just ask one of the refs or other players

timbertiger20
01-21-2008, 08:10 PM
wow im surprised they do that. There is really no one there to watch someone incase the mess up (or hopefully not blow up) the tanks?

It's actually more protective to the field owner that way. If it's posted properly on how to fill and things are labeled and your to dumb to read it.........it becomes the filler's fault and not the field's fault.........funny how that works. Just asked an Insurance company about this very topic!

XSiv Force
01-21-2008, 08:29 PM
oh ok, i guess that makes sense, but shouldnt the person who instructs new comers on what to do instill that knowledge into them and not just some sign?

vikingshadow
01-22-2008, 04:42 AM
Ok, did I waste a post above?

In that post I explained that it's pretty much fool proof (if what is being described is what I think it is.) You hook your tank up to the correct fill station (either 3000 or 4500 psi), press a button or pull a lever, it fills your tank up to the correct psi then stops. Vent the fill station and remove your tank. Not complicated at all. You don't even have to watch your guage unless you're really safety concious.

Lots of fields use this (the initial expense is pretty high though) and most of the larger tournaments have them set up as well. I'm pretty sure the national level tournaments use this system.

pbmaniac
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Ok, did I waste a post above?

In that post I explained that it's pretty much fool proof (if what is being described is what I think it is.) You hook your tank up to the correct fill station (either 3000 or 4500 psi), press a button or pull a lever, it fills your tank up to the correct psi then stops. Vent the fill station and remove your tank. Not complicated at all. You don't even have to watch your guage unless you're really safety concious.

Lots of fields use this (the initial expense is pretty high though) and most of the larger tournaments have them set up as well. I'm pretty sure the national level tournaments use this system.

I am new to the whole hpa thing, you're directions make sense but what is/how do you vent the fill stations?

Thanks

bigred76
04-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Normally when you release the lever back to the "neutral" point it vents itself.

vikingshadow
04-14-2008, 06:40 PM
^^^That, or you push it back in the opposite direction.

bigred76
04-14-2008, 07:05 PM
Depends on the fill station. The ones around here, if you pushed it the other way it'd just try filling it again! :p