PDA

View Full Version : Anti-chop Tips?

Berto
01-17-2008, 12:44 PM
I recently got an MR-1 and heard(and read) that they chop balls alot. But I also hear some of you say that you have not chopped many balls, if any, and wonder if you guys have any tips on how chop the least amount of balls. Anything would be helpfull.

deano 177
01-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I have only had one chopped and broken ball in my marker. I was running full auto with a gravity hopper.

Before I got the new hopper I would get a misfire every once in a while shooting semi but I never broke the paint. Is that still considered a chop?

Any who, I have the etrigger on mine and usually never have any issues...

Hossy
01-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Get a faster loader
better internals
or a ACS kind of bolt

SpyderMan723
01-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Get a faster loader
better internals
or a ACS kind of bolt

Theres no ACS bolt available for the MR1 Hossy...
But I've never chopped any paint when i had my MR1.
My advice, just get a good hopper that can keep up with you.

stil
01-17-2008, 08:28 PM
I recently got an MR-1 and heard(and read) that they chop balls alot. But I also hear some of you say that you have not chopped many balls, if any, and wonder if you guys have any tips on how chop the least amount of balls. Anything would be helpfull.

Chops? :shrug: I've not chopped - it isn't hard to accomplish. Use the MR1 the way it was intended to be used (low bps) And get a revy :D

Playing with a low bps helps your game imo. Stalking is more fun than blasting away at whatever is out there in your fov...

To sum up - treat it with respect - clean it, lube it, practice with it. You'll be fine. :cool:

mr1 sniper
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
maybe your getting the mr1 mixed up with the mr2 cause i've heard alot of people complain about chopping with the mr2 but not with the mr1. anywho if you need get a revvy, other than that maybe an alamo city paintball bolt

The Communist
01-19-2008, 01:34 PM
I've not chopped a single ball with mine either and i even tried to fire as fast as possible to see if i could.
and that is with everything stock on mine plus i was firing at 350 fps haha...crazy spyder springs.
In fact my friends MR3 has chopped a few balls, that was with the eyes on too.

deano 177
01-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Chops will happen when you fire faster than the loader can keep up. If you are using the mechanical trigger you should never chop a ball. I'm not saying that it can't happen... but you would need to have super strong, fast fingers to accomplish that.:)

Quick_2
01-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Just make sure your hopper can keep up... i've only had one chop and it was when my co2 ran out when the bolt goes back and forth fast.. the gun is pretty hard to make chop

kbonnell
01-22-2008, 03:16 PM
I only chop with crappy paint. I went through 5 cases of paint until my MR1 chopped a ball. Pretty good considering it was only a $99 gun. Oh yeah make sure your detent is not wearing out, a bad detent will do it also.

Thricearch
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
i've actually had this really weird chop..where the bolt goes through the ball..jamming the bolt and keeping me from recocking it..i have to strip it down..and using tweezers, i have to pull (pretty hard) the shell of the paintball that is wedged between the inside of the gun and the bolt..

i think this is only because i play in 20-30 degree weather so the shell of the paintball is harder than normal (although i use frostbites so im not really sure)

newkid
01-22-2008, 06:44 PM
yea that happens a lot to my friends viewloader

DRCeccato
01-22-2008, 08:10 PM
CHECK YOUR DETENTS!!!!

Only time I've ever chopped is when i shear off the detent and start double feeding (q-loader has a tendancy to do that).

I've got to grind down the detent ridge in the bolt and hope that'll stop shearing my detent. I actually went through 4 detents a month only playing once a week.

XSiv Force
01-22-2008, 08:12 PM
i've actually had this really weird chop..where the bolt goes through the ball..jamming the bolt and keeping me from recocking it..i have to strip it down..and using tweezers, i have to pull (pretty hard) the shell of the paintball that is wedged between the inside of the gun and the bolt..

i think this is only because i play in 20-30 degree weather so the shell of the paintball is harder than normal (although i use frostbites so im not really sure)

Sounds as if your striker or air pressure is really high or the shell is really brittle as is