PDA

View Full Version : what gun is the mr3 modeled after?

lxm
01-17-2008, 08:34 AM
tryin to figure out what gun the mr3 resembles most if any. it kinda reminds most of an mp5. i only ask cuz im trying to create an idea of how i want my marker to look. there arent many pics of any modded mr3's on here only mr2's which everyone loves so much lol. i really like the m16/m4 look but dont think it will mix well on the mr3. anyone have any suggestions??

hongkongcavaliers
01-17-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't think it looks like any firearm out there.

I don't think it looks much like the MP5, because to me the MP5's look is defined by the skinny magazine. Since the foregrip covers every inch of where a magazine would be, I'd rule out the MP5.

I'd thought about trying to cut the foregrip a figure out a way to attach an air-though magazine, but the way the foregrip curves in a the top of the vertical piece, I think it would be hard to match.

As for M4 or M16-- I think those are defined by the barrel shrouds and front sights, and sight rail/handles... put an M4 barrel shroud on a barrel that fits an MR3, an M16 carry handle/sight rail and a Car stock, and there you go. I just don't like the look of the car stocks...

I'm looking to buy the SpecOps Commando stock... See Artillerist90's MR3:
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14772

The commando stock makes it look mp5ish, bit without a suppressor style shroud and the skinny mag, I don't see it really looking like a true MP5.

My own preference? Functional and light on the extras. I'd rather paint someone than intimidate them. I took off my red dot sight because I didn't use it. I am thinking about putting a true scope on, because in woodsball, I'd like to see them before they see me. More for scanning the woods than for shooting.

My dream is to have a true bullpup. Probably the B5. But it doesn't look like a real gun, either.

XSiv Force
01-17-2008, 10:28 AM
yeah not looking like any current gun but you can make it look like the assault rifle from halo 3 lol

lxm
01-17-2008, 10:37 AM
yeah not looking like any current gun but you can make it look like the assault rifle from halo 3 lol

ive thought about that actually lol thought about that or the smg from halo 3 :P would be a cool project to do

XSiv Force
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
im currently truning a buddies mr1 in to the smg and a friends mr2 into the Battle rifle

lxm
01-17-2008, 11:02 AM
nice post some pics when they are finished i would like to see them and what are you using to make them aluminum?

artillerist90
01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
I've actually been looking to mod mine after an MP5 for a while now(hence my MR3 MP5 thread). The foregrip just seems to fit with the look. I should be getting a new short barrel with a mock suppressor tommorrow so I'll take some pics and see what you guys think. The MP5 body actually has a taller frame around the internals and into the grip. I was thinking about buying a couple of plain block sight risers and lining them up to finish that part of the look.

Granted I'm not sure how to get an MP5 clip into the look. It would defenitely have to be puchased as a part for another gun and then custom mounted somehow.....somehow.:confused:

deano 177
01-17-2008, 04:18 PM
I've actually been looking to mod mine after an MP5 for a while now(hence my MR3 MP5 thread). The foregrip just seems to fit with the look. I should be getting a new short barrel with a mock suppressor tommorrow so I'll take some pics and see what you guys think. The MP5 body actually has a taller frame around the internals and into the grip. I was thinking about buying a couple of plain block sight risers and lining them up to finish that part of the look.

Granted I'm not sure how to get an MP5 clip into the look. It would defenitely have to be puchased as a part for another gun and then custom mounted somehow.....somehow.:confused: The :gasp: tippy X-7 has a m5(as they call it) curved and straght. That marker looks tight in mp5 form. too bad its still a tippy:( .
http://server.myspace-shack.com/d14/untitled_183.jpg

artillerist90
01-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah that's pretty much where I would get the mag if I were to find a way to get it on there. I don't like that style foregrip though.

deano 177
01-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah that's pretty much where I would get the mag if I were to find a way to get it on there. I don't like that style foregrip though. that's cool. That is why there are so many cool mods out there. you might not like what I have and vice versa. I saw a guy at the paintball shop today who had his Ion milsim-ed out. I have never seen an Ion like that. It was pretty sharp... He said that he did most of the stuff his self. It looked like an ar15.

artillerist90
01-17-2008, 05:12 PM
that's cool. That is why there are so many cool mods out there. you might not like what I have and vice versa. I saw a guy at the paintball shop today who had his Ion milsim-ed out. I have never seen an Ion like that. It was pretty sharp... He said that he did most of the stuff his self. It looked like an ar15.

Yeah some people just go absolutely all out on some of their mods. It's pretty rewarding if you've got the tools to do it.

LostCause
01-17-2008, 05:43 PM
looks nothing like a mp5.....no offence

if i had to pick one gun it would be a ump, but thats pushing it

artillerist90
01-17-2008, 06:05 PM
You're missing the vision. It's hard for me to convey that without a photo though.

slim and shady
01-20-2008, 04:11 PM
if you want the MP5 look why not just buy it? the closest and best looking I think is BT's Delta. Thats a sweet MP5