PDA

View Full Version : Chopping balls

roger
01-17-2008, 04:46 AM
My new VS3 is chopping balls like mad. I have a Fasta hopper on it. I get ball breaks in the hopper, ball breaks in the neck, and ball breaks in the barrel. What could I be doing wrong? I do not think that it is the balls since I can shoot them in my A5 and Victor II without problem. I have 3 of these guns with identical configurations and they all do the same thing.

kramernator
01-17-2008, 10:18 AM
sounds like it is the paintballs, the at and victor are older, lower quality guns,(so in turn lower quality paint may work on these good)maybe the paintballs are to low of quality for the vs3 but not the a5 and victor

know what i mean?

that is all i can think of

swoosh81
01-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Are you sure the eyes are plugged in, wires not pinched, turned on, cleaned? What paint are you using and at what temperature? What air source Co2 or Air?

roger
01-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I am using HPA. I know that the eyes are clean and not pinched. The temp is 35 - 50. I do not recall what the brand of paintballs was at the field. It was the premium brand that they sell for the field. My only other choice was a white box brand. I will get you the brand name later on.

roger
01-17-2008, 04:13 PM
The brand that I am using is Black Lotus Banzai.

swoosh81
01-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Hmmm, the only thing I can think of is a bad batch of paint (weak shelled, dimpled). I'm wondering if they were super dirty (oily) and were causing the problems.

Maybe some of the other guys can help with the quality of that particular paint brand. I'm not to familiar with it.

roger
01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Perhaps I will try some Rain-X in the barrel and see if that helps. I might also try the cheaper balls and see what happens. I think that you are right about the balls. I also have a JT Ceramics barrel coming in. I will have to try that. I also probably need to measure the balls.

At what temperature do I need to start worrying about cold weather balls at?

swoosh81
01-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Anything below 50* and I use either a cheap hard shelled brand of paint (Monster Balls, unbeleivable their actually decent in the winter time) or Polar Ice.

roger
01-19-2008, 09:14 AM
I got a Tadao Board in yesterday and it says my eyes are dirty. Yellow blinking light. I really like that board!