PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best combination?

andone
01-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I just received my 4 Shocktech spring kit and my 6 piece shim kit. I have know idea witch spring to use nor do I with the shim. Does anyone have any advice. Id appreciate it. THX

MVS1
01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Have you done any mod's/upgrades to the internals (striker, valve, frontblock)?

andone
01-16-2008, 07:25 PM
Everything I have is listed as my Signature if that gives you an idea. The only other thing is the AK-47 Expansion Chamber that is being mailed to me 2morro. Right now I put in the med. shim and med. spring. As I shoot its ok as long as im constant. Its when I slow down and stop when a paintball gets caught in between the feedneck and the bolt. Im thinking its because of the spring and shim????? Thats the only thing ive changed

chnk
01-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I just received my 4 Shocktech spring kit and my 6 piece shim kit. I have know idea witch spring to use nor do I with the shim. Does anyone have any advice. Id appreciate it. THX

well shoot your mr2 and see if its shooting the way you want it, if not try different combinations till you see results you'll like,

also try to keep your velocity below 300 fps

MVS1
01-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Andone...So mod wise nothing internal. OK, the only reason to get any of the items you listed is to tune your marker if it is shooting over 300fps and you can't get it below that using just the velocity adjustment screw or you have converted your marker to LP. What velocity was it prior to you installing the springs/shim kits?
If you start doing LP mod's then these kits will become invaluable while your tuning, but if its a matter of your shooting too hot in the stock configuration, then to lower your fps use the medium-low or low velocity springs from the kit to correct that. You need to be using a chrono while tuning, w/o a chrono you have no idea if what the fps is and even though the cyclitic rate seems good to you the fps maybe too high or low which doesn't do you any good.

andone
01-17-2008, 05:34 AM
yeah, ok..... well i need a chrono. Oh by the way when I shot my gun it was like 20-30 deg. out. Im sure that makes a difference.

MVS1
01-17-2008, 09:13 AM
yeah, ok..... well i need a chrono. Oh by the way when I shot my gun it was like 20-30 deg. out. Im sure that makes a difference.
Just take your spring kit with ya to the chrono box the next time your at the field and do some experimenting with mainspring combinations. Ideally you want the softest mainspring that still allows you to chrono where you want (260-280 fps depending on your fields limit). Tuning is all about experimenting and can sometimes take a bit to get right, that's why I picked up some reballs, in the long run they pay for themself consirdering how much paint you would go through while tuning.

As for the cold it will make a little bit of a difference but only by a couple of FPS, I'd say 10 or less since your using HPA, the cold doesn't have as much of an impact, now if you where using C02 then it would make a bigger difference.

chnk
01-17-2008, 10:39 AM
honestly is you polish you striker and get a high flowing valve and a cp reg you'll be set to tune your marker to low pressure and have the benefits of a cp reg

andone
01-17-2008, 11:02 AM
I Only play woodball normally on a couple of acres my Uncle has across from his land so I dont have access to a chrono. Do you know if Chronos cost alot or what i wouldnt mind having one? Also do you know what reg. would look the best and operrate the best with my gun? Ive been lookn but dont know what one to get and as for the valve I have one I wanna get.

MVS1
01-17-2008, 02:32 PM
UH-OH starting to venture down the LP path...Your heading into dangerous territory now, and once you cross the line you can't go back.
Seriously it all comes down to how much you want to spend. If your cool with getting used parts as you can find them then it's not all that painful, just takes longer. If you go with a Vertical reg (CP, Palmers, Torpedo, etc.) then you need a new front block. There are other options (bottomline reg's or LP tank reg's) but what you really have to ask yourself is how much are you ready to spend.

andone
01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
I mean how much are we talking.....I don't really have a limit for my gun. I just figure out what I want to get or what I need and get them piece by piece. By the way i'm trying to keep my marker looking like a military M4. So I would probably want to get a bottom line reg. dont you think.? Well...what would you recommend first off.