PDA

View Full Version : Decisions.......

ZERO
01-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Hi All, I have a decision to make :confused: and I was hoping you all could help me with it........I currently have a pilot non ACS with a 14 inch PMI barrel and a locking feedneck....I just came across a VS3 for cheap money........Should I upgrade my pilot with the rocking trigger frame and a new hopper or get the VS3? And can you give me some reasons why or why not? Hopefully this will help me out.......Also, Can I use CO2 with the VS3? I know it says only HPA but I have seen people using CO2 with them........

Thanks all! :)

Dave

kramernator
01-16-2008, 08:10 AM
you really shouldn't use co2 with the vs3 (or2) you could, but i wouldn't if i were you. kingman is coming out with a new gun, the RSX, its on the website (www.spyder.tv) maybe wait for that price.... that gun works with co2
so if you can't get HPA use the pilot

Hossy
01-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Dont get a Rocking trigger. Some fields and Tournaments dont let you use them.

Just upgrade your gun if you dont play all that much. If you feel you want to get a new gun soon, save your money and get something more 'High End'

pinkanese
01-16-2008, 09:48 AM
I am getting tired of people saying you can't use Co2 in these guns. YOU CAN! It is just recomended that it be anit siphoned. No then let me explain myself. There is nothing in the gun that will not handle the Co2. In high end guns it is recomended you not use Co2 because of the solenoids, it would eat up the smalll seals and just no tbe good. In the VS3 there is no air solenoid to worry about, the only real problem is the cheap arse reg Kingman puts in. So if you replace that you are fine, which in my opinion you should get a new reg no matter waht air source you use. he next issue is freezing the gun, if you simply put in an A/S tube you should have no problem with this. SO from now on would some of oyu actually research farther than the instruction manual and Kingman website before you give out suggestions.

Sandman_Bravo
01-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Go with the VS3, you'll have eyes and that makes a huge difference. BTW, HPA>Co2. It is more consistant (no pressure spikes), it is easier on o-rings, and it has NO CHANCE of getting a liquid shot like Co2- even with an anti-syphon that happens. I must comment on your(pinkanese) tone in your last post which was somewhat angry/disrespectful. This is not the PBN and the people here are some of the finest, most helpful around. We will do anything within our range to help and answer questions but with a modicum of respect. Lastly, welcome to the forums.

ZERO
01-17-2008, 04:06 AM
Cool thatnks for the replies! So I can use the CO2 in it no problem then????....Just grab an A/S for it? It would only be temp anyway until I get a HPA tank.........As far as the rocking trigger.....I've checked and I can use it at the field that I go to so.....And I mdon't think I am ready for tourney play yet anyway......LOL I just want to be able to keep up with the guys there.......Any recomendations on a hopper for it? EGG 3? I saw an empire that looked nice......Oh and I am getting this from some kids dad who said "The kid lost intrest after 4 times playing" I offered $60.......Is that a good price?

Dave :D

MVS1
01-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Dave, Yeah that's a real good price on a VS3. As for a loader what's your price range? Do you want something that can keep up with the ROF the rocking trigger can sling or just a good solid reasonably priced loader?
Everyone has their personal favorites so your going to get a lot of suggestions but how much you plan on spending usually narrows the field a bit.

ZERO
01-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks MVS1! For a loader im not quite sure yet......My price range is about $60....Im thinking used if I can? Im sure that the gravity shake and bake is not gonna cut it..........Anything good in that price range?

ZERO
01-17-2008, 03:41 PM
Oh yeah....I also went and bought a 48/3000 tank today.....I figure "Hey free refills at the field who cares if im there after every 3 rounds" LOL Shouldn't it last longer anyway? Isn't the VS3 kinda LP so it takes less and you get more shots? I would have gotten the 72/3000 but Whoa! IT was HEAVY!