PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

cardiox
01-16-2008, 03:07 AM
Hi All,
Mainly wanted to say hi to you all but I did just buy an MR1 and no doubt will have many questions. My first is this: I have been reading these forums and must say they seem to have some great folks here...thanks! taking into consideration I just bought the Mr1 I see that it has the black detent but it also has a delrin bolt. Is that the one that you guys are upgrading to? Have they upgraded the Mr1 according too user input is what I am asking I guess.
I wonder what a twisted empire with the low blow bolt would be like...I guess a wee bit overkill...LOL!!! thanks, Doug

mr1newbie
01-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the forums! If you don't know yet, I'd like to tell you that before you play with your MR1, get a new striker spring kit and put in the lightest one so that you can shoot at a safe velocity. My MR1 wouldn't go below 307 FPS before the I put in a new spring.

Hossy
01-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

Id suggest reading the Ultimate Resource thread in my sig, its alot of good info.
Feel free to ask questions, because thats what were here for.
You may need to get a new spring or cut it, because the MR1 does shoot a little hot out of the box, like mr1newbie said. It is not a hard thing to do, and it will then be allowed to be used at a field, because over 280ish too high for many fields.

stil
01-17-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm also interested in these 'new' bolts. Anyone know when they were released like this?

cardiox
01-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the advice and I did have questions about the spring but after reading the trial and error of cutting one I believe buying one is the best choice. Concerning that Empire twisted barrel and the low blow bolt I thought I would probably get responses like: Ya it shoots good knuckle balls and around corners...LOL!! Or, ya thats a good setup if you are shooting folks behind you....hahahahaha!!! Anyways thanks for your time in responding,
Doug

Edit: Just read through that resource thread and that is sweet Hossy. Great job and thanks for your time and effort on that one for sure.

Drefish99
01-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Welcome to the forums!

Mattbur
01-19-2008, 02:19 PM
Welcome to the forums!!!
My stock springs chrono'd in at 270 fps. Several cases of paint later I had to replace the springs due to the springs developing a bend in them, resulting in a lower fps range.