PDA

View Full Version : MR3 MP5 stock

artillerist90
01-15-2008, 08:35 PM
I have seen a couple of MP5 sliding stocks floating around for the Tippmanns, mostly from RAP4, but I need one for the MR3:( Anyway to mod that adapter so it fits the MR3? Heres the stock: Stock (http://rap4.com/paintball/os/tippmann-retractable-stock-p-890.html)

On another, larger-scale note:
Why have none of these manufacturers invested in the MR series? I can understand the whole SpecOps-Tippmann line but RAP4? OpsGear? Where are you? A few stock mods here, a few barrels there and that's about it. Seems like they're missing out on a potentially profitable Spyder market.

I'm tired of having to grind stuff down, cut into things, drill extra holes, etc. Sure it makes your gun unique and one-of-a-kind but once in a while I just want to be able to buy something that works out of the box.

bassmasta
01-16-2008, 01:06 PM
tippmann is more popular, so it's worth more to make stuff for them. there is alot of stuff for the a5 and some stuff for the x7 that will fit the MR2/3, but not stocks. if you don't like any of the stocks available, you are fairly screwed.

artillerist90
01-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, yeah, I understand that Tippmann is more popular and has a larger demand for the various mod kits out there, but money is money. I would think that a virtually untouched Spyder market would be a somewhat attracive investment for these companies. Granted, I'm not a business expert and I might be missing something crucial here, but it doesn't make a whole of sense to me.

I mean if you've got the chance to control both the Tippmann and Spyder mod markets, go for it! Run the monopoly (yes, I'm quite capitalistic). That's how people make lots of money.

Meanwhile, we suffer. Oh well.

DRAGON
01-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Look at it this way, Tippmann's like the A-5 and 98C very rarely change configuration. Kingman is more known for making markers and in a year or two, discontinue it and move on to something different. When aftermarket companies invest into these add-ons, they invest into hundreds and sometimes thousands of parts. Would you take the chance of making a thousand parts for an MR when it could possibly be discontinued before you sold 500 of the parts. What do you do with the rest after interest in the marker has all but vanished? You're stuck with trying to sell 500 parts at cost maybe even a loss just to get rid of them. Maybe if the MR's stay around for a while and looks like they won't be discontinued in the blink of an eye, you'll see more of the type of parts you mentioned available -

That's my take anyway -