PDA

View Full Version : Problem taking Fenix bolt out...

volleybiggs
01-15-2008, 07:07 AM
I have a Fenix and am having major problems taking it apart. I can not get the bolt to slide out. I have completely taken it apart. Trigger, valve, regulator and just have the body and I can not get it to slide out. It gets jammed and I can not see what it could be jamming on. It will slide pretty far back the spot where the part you pull it back comes out. But there is a spot where the bolt and striker connect that does clear the body.
The only thing I did not take off is the that screw on the bolt in the back. I almost stripped it and decided not to risk messing it up completely but the manual said it did not affect the bolt coming out.
Any ideas on what I can do to get this bolt out???

bigred76
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
I have to ask, but did you pull the pin up? Look at the slot on the back of the body, and make sure it's the same width all the way down.

volleybiggs
01-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Yep I took everything off of it. The only thing left is the bolt and striker. The pin through the middle is gone the pin you use to pull the bolt is out. The only thing I did not take off is the screw in the back of the bolt.

Kenny_McCormic
01-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Try shoving it out with a stick or something.

kramernator
01-16-2008, 04:31 PM
wow, thats weird, i know this may be a bad idea, but maybe just give it a good tug, or you could try to put something down the barrel and gently (but firmly) tap it with a hammer. doing that applies a different kind of force than just straight tension. but be carefull, you don't want to screw up your gun

volleybiggs
01-17-2008, 08:29 AM
I gave it to a friend to see if he could get the screw that is in the back of the bolt. The manual said it did not affect getting the bolt out but that was the only thing I could not take off. When I get it back I will take some pics maybe video and that may help with advice. I did try the a wooden dowel down the barrel end hit it a few times and the dang dowel ended up just getting jammed in the bolt! I dont want to use something metal or I may damage something.