PDA

View Full Version : RS Series

king-man
01-15-2008, 04:04 AM
Well the video is out and it looks like its a vs2 that runs off of co2 with and inline reg and an asa. the x has a tadoe board and andthe plattnum kit
i gues they stooped back down to co2:(

HeadShot
01-15-2008, 08:37 AM
thats not co2 ..thats hpa. you should edit your post man..

king-man
01-15-2008, 08:56 AM
read under the vid, fully compatible with co2

Hossy
01-15-2008, 08:59 AM
King-man.
You have to understand where Spyder is in the market. Yes they are trying to make new and better guns, but they are not targeted to the Pros. They are targeted to the beginning player. Not everyone has the money to go out and buy a HPA tank, and get a million ups for it. Not everyone wants it. And lastly, not everywhere fills HPA. It is good that they are using HPA and CO2, as well as have a Tadao board in it to appeal to the not so beginner-

kramernator
01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
yeah i am excited, i have nowhere that will fill HPA so i have to use co2, i might buy a rs

VS2 King
01-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Very Very Disapointed I Thought It Would Be Better But Yeah. Its Still Not Stopping Me From Buying One:p

spray and pray
01-15-2008, 11:52 AM
:( saw it right when they put it up, I was refreshing the screen for a long time until it came up. it was VERY early in the morning.

king-man
01-15-2008, 01:16 PM
ya i know all aout the no hpa, i have to drive an hour or so to get hpa,but thats where i playmostly s, u know, still i wanted it to make spyder llok good, why dont they try and make a pro style gun, i mean they could, and really the only thing they lack is the elctro-pnuematic air sys. but i sure as h*** aint buin one, i got to much in my vs,

Hossy
01-15-2008, 01:19 PM
why dont they try and make a pro style gun, i mean they could, and really the only thing they lack is the elctro-pnuematic air sys. but i sure as h*** aint buin one, i got to much in my vs,

Did you read my post at all?

They tried, and failed.

pb34
01-15-2008, 01:21 PM
ya i know all aout the no hpa, i have to drive an hour or so to get hpa,but thats where i playmostly s, u know, still i wanted it to make spyder llok good, why dont they try and make a pro style gun, i mean they could, and really the only thing they lack is the elctro-pnuematic air sys. but i sure as h*** aint buin one, i got to much in my vs,

They aren't going to venture into the high end market because look at the competition. You have all these high end companies making great guns at super low prices. Kingman already pretty much owns the entry level markers but now with these companies lowering their prices it gets tougher and tougher. If they went into the high end range they would have to make an excellent gun at prices that can compete and that is easier said than done.

I think it looks nice and will attract more people because of the option to use CO2. Also the Vert. reg, on/off, and Tadao board are also big plusses.

king-man
01-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Did you read my post at all?

They tried, and failed.
sorry i just skimmed it

king-man
01-15-2008, 01:28 PM
the more i think about it, i might buy one when i sell my old tippmanns, they are the only co2 powered guns ive got, plus id really like tosmoke my friends in woodsball:)

kramernator
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
does anyone know of an approximate price on this?? $200-$230 maybe??? (i mean the RS not the RSX)

Kenny_McCormic
01-15-2008, 03:58 PM
All of you guy putting it down for being co2 compatible are completely stupid. Co2 guns must be built much stronger and more durable than a HPA only gun. Co2 is a heavier gas that makes recocking easier. Many people own Hummers but only a handful use them off road.

HeadShot
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
probably more in the 250-300 $$ range. only because of the T board.

VS2 King
01-15-2008, 04:30 PM
Its Not A T-Board. They Have The Tadao Board In Them.

weitjosh
01-15-2008, 04:34 PM
yea, the t-board isnt endorsed by spyder. its made by scenerio dreams. is tadao made by spyder or they just like it so much they endorse it??

kramernator
01-15-2008, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormic
All of you guy putting it down for being co2 compatible are completely stupid

it says right on the site that it is compatible with co2 (look below the video)

tater_salad
01-15-2008, 05:29 PM
it says right on the site that it is compatible with co2 (look below the video)
He meant that the people "dissing" it for being co2 compatible are stupid. I think he knows that it's co2 compatible.

Kenny_McCormic
01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Yes I know its Co2 compatible, I predicted it the first time I saw a pic of one. tater_salad understands.

newkid
01-15-2008, 05:51 PM
I think that the RS is just a CO2 compatible VS2 + a tadao board and a few extras

Hob Hayward
01-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Thats exactly right newkid.

TBH, anyone who says Kingman is stooping down by making it work with CO2, is an idiot. CO2 compatibility opens the door for many players who aren;t willing to commit to buy a $200 air tank. And, in all honesty, I think CO2 is a better gas. Properly regged and anti-siphoned, it's cheaper, just as consistent, and as someone mentioned above, it works better with blowback markers in general.

The only thing it really means, is that the VS (RS is essentially VS + better reg as far as I can tell) has a robust construction that will take a beating and keep going. High end EP's can't tolerate the CO2 because of their pneumatic noids.

CO2 Compat = good.

HeadShot
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Its Not A T-Board. They Have The Tadao Board In Them.

Thats what board I meant. The tadao board . jeeze I didn't say the SD T board. :rolleyes:

SupaSnipa
01-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Hte thing Im disipointed in is the fact that it only runs at 300 psi, I had my VS2 below that, I think they should make it more low pressure.

*hard thinking* I wonder if you could put the VS Balance valve and internls in there*hardthinking*

th3_0n3
01-15-2008, 06:33 PM
I'd get the RSX.

What's so new about this Spyder? It's a VS-2 that runs on co2 as well to me. New trigger and normal regulator and on/off. But, it was Bad Company that mainly made Kingman remake the VS's because they were not reliable and they weren't reliable with many other players as well. (Including me. I had my VS-2 break quite a bit) So what did they do to make them good enough to work better and actually stay reliable? New internals?

DRAGON
01-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Hte thing Im disipointed in is the fact that it only runs at 300 psi, I had my VS2 below that, I think they should make it more low pressure.

A habitual misconception that lower is always better, it's not -

*hard thinking* I wonder if you could put the VS Balance valve and internls in there*hardthinking*

Hee hee, once you look at tha valve, you may be in for a suprise after making that statement -

kramernator
01-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Kenny_McCormic
Yes I know its Co2 compatible, I predicted it the first time I saw a pic of one. tater_salad understands.

oh, i'm sorry.

Originally Posted by HeadShot
probably more in the 250-300 $$ range. only because of the T board.

isn't there two versions of the gun, the RS and the RSX, the RSX has a platinum kit and that tadao board. so the RS would be like what, $60 - $80 cheaper??

deano 177
01-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Can we get a link to the page?

kramernator
01-16-2008, 03:14 PM
here you go, http://www.spyder.tv/

SpyderMan723
01-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Theres no way i just saw this, I guess spyder is making an MR2 with eyes STANDARD.

This may be old news to some of you guys, but its new to me and im shocked + happy/angry-ish.

EDIT: ps what do you think the asking price for both RS series markers will be?

deano 177
01-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Theres no way i just saw this, I guess spyder is making an MR2 with eyes STANDARD.

I didn't see that. Are you sure? http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr2.pdf

SpyderMan723
01-16-2008, 05:38 PM
I didn't see that. Are you sure? http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr2.pdf

watch just go to spyder.tv and then under products click the MR series, and on top will be MR2 w/eye coming soon

kramernator
01-16-2008, 05:41 PM
if they do that (which it looks like they will) then what is the diff between that and the MR3?

SpyderMan723
01-16-2008, 05:52 PM
if they do that (which it looks like they will) then what is the diff between that and the MR3?

Good point.
Maybe less weight?

newkid
01-16-2008, 06:02 PM
and the shroud and the stock, but internally... idk. maybe they will just get rid of it

Hob Hayward
01-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeh, that seems to eliminate the point of the MR2, though, the rail and stock on the MR3 are better, so who knows.

chnk
01-16-2008, 08:22 PM

This may be old news to some of you guys, but its new to me and im shocked + happy/angry-ish.

EDIT: ps what do you think the asking price for both RS series markers will be?

i know, but this makes be happy because this means kingman IS listening to us, i've been dreaming of eyes on my mr for forever,

the rsx is a vs3 body without the shroud, the bottomline on/off reg thing they've been doing for years gone and replaced with an inline reg. and it runs on co2 fine? and to top it off a stock tadao board, also all the new spyders have inline holes for the asas,

if the rsx has a standard threading for the reg, that just proves kingman has been listening to us and fixing most of the small picky things people been complaining about over the years

now only if they milled down the body of all that excess metal it be almost perfect

:) , i don;t know about yall but i see good things in the future besides overpriced highends with different milling

deano 177
01-17-2008, 04:33 AM
watch just go to spyder.tv and then under products click the MR series, and on top will be MR2 w/eye coming soon:doah: Yea, I see that now.

xsvly-fat
01-17-2008, 09:54 AM
looks interesting, cant wait till it comes out

SupaSnipa
01-17-2008, 05:23 PM
Now BACK ON TOPIC!
Does anyone (DRAGON) know if they will have different internals, meaning like the bolt and stuff, I think it would be uber sweet if they made it with a delrin striker. And I also see on the website that it says 3G technology, well then why doesnt it run at the same pressure as the VS's?

chnk
01-17-2008, 08:24 PM
lower pressure might not always be the best thing, 200 psi led to some recocking issues in the vs

i thinking the inernals might be better judging from the vid the kick is lower

Nenkitsune
01-17-2008, 09:24 PM
According to the site, the RSX runs under 250psi while the RS runs at 300psi.

so SOMETHING is different internally between the two.

HeadShot
01-17-2008, 09:27 PM
....maybe those bad company internals that we soooo desperately want?? *drools*

king-man
01-18-2008, 05:48 AM
maybe the rsx will have the delrin striker and not the rs

chnk
01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
maybe the rsx will have the delrin striker and not the rs

that would pwn if it did, derlin striker tuning is a pain in the ass, maybe kingman has done the tuning for us

DFSniper
01-22-2008, 05:34 PM
whatever they did, i like it. if you want to go into detail as to whether LP is better or not, nerobro on PBN has a whole thread on it, and the specifics just boggle my mind... (he's trying to rebuild one of his old guns and the question came up.)

king-man, how far west are you in KY. i know of about 4-5 fields within a 1-1.5 hrs drive south of louisville, and as far as i know, they all fill hpa...

Kenny_McCormic
01-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Its more than a derlin striker, they claim that the RSX is HPA only while the RS can run co2. The two have different valve setups, if you read the description under the vid the RSX has a 3rd gen valve (VS2 style) and the RS does not.

VS2 King
01-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah It Says It Has SE Internals Synerdy Or Something Like That.

king-man
01-26-2008, 03:58 PM
king-man, how far west are you in KY. i know of about 4-5 fields within a 1-1.5 hrs drive south of louisville, and as far as i know, they all fill hpa...
Union County, If you look at a map, its the spot where KY,IL,IN meet, Louisville is about 2.5 hours away, they only field(in ky) that i know of within 1hrs drive is this place In Owensboro, KY. But i heard there fields suck becuz you play on old tennis courts. There is a place in IN, about 1 hour 1.25 hours away that has everything, i wish i could play woodsball though, then i have to drive forever, in Paduca i heard theres a good place but its about 2hrs, aswell as Ntense Sports in Bowling Green, any sugestions on place near me i would greatly apreiciate.

mr1 sniper
01-27-2008, 12:33 PM
so does anybody know about when this is actually going to come out for sale

VS2 King
01-27-2008, 12:46 PM
march

Paintballadict18
01-27-2008, 09:31 PM
i didnt feel like reading through the thread to see if this question was already answered but is the frame the same as the vs2 frame?

kramernator
02-03-2008, 10:05 AM
I think so

you do know that it is impossible to read your sig, right

newkid
02-03-2008, 10:25 AM
I think so

you do know that it is impossible to read your sig, right

he probly uses darkside

kramernator
02-03-2008, 10:27 AM
oh..................duh

i never thought of that

Sonix_Nub3
02-03-2008, 05:16 PM
kinda off topic but might need help on this one... anyways....

should i buy a rs(or x) or a proto slg?

i know these forums might be biased verses pbn but ill take your imput as well. price is the main thing i reckon, slg being 200 is nice, but these new rx's might match that niceness. so just lmk.. pm if all possible but ill check this too.

thanks,
Sonix

newkid
02-04-2008, 02:04 PM
I'd wait to see the pros and cons of the RS

kramernator
02-04-2008, 02:39 PM
the RS/X will most likely be over $200

IMO if you use HPA go with the SLG
If you use co2 go with the RS/X

spray and pray
02-04-2008, 02:47 PM
price is $329. price may a very small amount based on demmand and supply. That is not an estimate.

EDIT
Kingman, don't kill me. :dodgy:

chnk
02-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Pics and details of rs and rsx on the kingman website(click image)

the rsx
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/5917/38637108lf6.jpg (http://www.spyder.tv/section/products/rs_series/index.html)

The Spyder RSX Marker is built for the player that requires the very best in performance featuring the Tadao® Technologies Circuit Board combined with the operational benefits of the "3G" Technology Balanced Valve System. Designed to perform at the highest level of competition... 30 BPS Rate of Fire, low operating pressure, and customizing capabilites that were previously only available on high end markers. Operational at 250 PSI the RSX runs at a low working pressure reducing premature paintball breaks from air impacting the surface of a paintball. The "3G" Balance Valve System is designed to use Compressed Air only as a propellant to obtain maximum performance. Manipulation of the air pressure through the Fast Charge Inline Regulator provides the RSX with a steady air flow for consistent shot to shot velocity even at extremely high rates of fire. A completely independent Vented Pressure Relief On/Off CA Adapter maximizes the flow of air supplied by the compressed air system.

Standard Features
+ Tadao® Technologies Circuit Board
+ "3G" Technology Balance Valve System
+ Break Beam Eye (Anti-Chop System)
+ Fast Charge Inline Regulator with Rubber Grip
+ Vented Pressure Relief On/Off CA Adapter
+ Steel Braided Hose Line
+ Quick Release Delrin Bolt
+ 14" Two Piece Micro Ported Barrel
+ Twist Lock Clamping Feedneck
+ 3 Way Adjustable Saber Trigger
+ External Velocity Adjuster
+ Wrap Around Grip
+ Push Button Access Membrane
+ Micro Gauge
+ Low Pressure Chamber

Performance Features
+ 30 BPS Rate of Fire
+ 5 Modes of Operation (Semi-Auto "Uncapped", Semi-Auto, PSP, Millennium Ramp & Burst "15 BPS Cap")
+ Adjustable Trigger Debounce Sensitivity
+ Anti-Chop Eye System Functional in All Modes
+ Fast Charge Inline Regulator
+ 250 PSI Operational Pressure
+ "3G" Technology High Performance Low Pressure System
+ Operates on Compressed Air Only

Available in stores March 1st, 2008

bigred76
02-04-2008, 03:16 PM
kinda off topic but might need help on this one... anyways....

should i buy a rs(or x) or a proto slg?

i know these forums might be biased verses pbn but ill take your imput as well. price is the main thing i reckon, slg being 200 is nice, but these new rx's might match that niceness. so just lmk.. pm if all possible but ill check this too.

thanks,
Sonix

Go for the PMR, it's worth it in the long run over the SLG. ;) As far as the RSX goes... time will tell, I have to shoot it first. It'll have a damn good run for its money compared to the PMR, though. Mine had almost no kick, very accurate, and quiet... all right out of the box. Biased? Not really, preference is more like it. A lot of people on these boards started on Spyders and like to keep the tradition going on this forum, even though we no longer own one. :D

Sonix_Nub3
02-09-2008, 05:22 PM
thanks guys. have been seriously considering a pmr se in the future (few months) but i got time to think :tup:.

king-man
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=spray and pray;181825]price is $329. price may a very small amount based on demmand and supply. That is not an estimate.[QUOTE]

Whered you find that
now off the subject but why do they put up to 30bps, when they know they cant get it, i tried my vs and it topped out around 22bps, still pretty fast but i would like to see one go 30bps if they advert it like that

SpyderMan723
02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
FYI if you guys haven't found this out already, the RS and MR w/eye series markers are being sold for 199.95 at spps.(pre orders of course)

link is here (http://www.sundragonpps.com/page/page/5553605.htm)

DFSniper
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
looks like they fixed the shroud problem on the mr2...

king-man
02-13-2008, 05:00 PM
FYI if you guys haven't found this out already, the RS and MR w/eye series markers are being sold for 199.95 at spps.(pre orders of course)

link is here (http://www.sundragonpps.com/page/page/5553605.htm)

are those people reliable? if they are, im def preordering an RSX

SpyderMan723
02-13-2008, 05:02 PM
Yeah you can check out their feedback on there page, its on the bottom left hand corner.

tater_salad
02-13-2008, 05:02 PM
are those people reliable? if they are, im def preordering an RSX

Yes, they are reliable. I kind of want a RSX.

SpyderMan723
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
I wouldnt mind the plain RS.

But the RSX is pretty sexy

TheDarkShadow
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
looks like they fixed the shroud problem on the mr2...

why do you say that?

nastystankweed
02-14-2008, 11:26 AM
They are real nice ,but i think ill stick with my virtued vs2 all i need is a cp reg and its almost the same thing

king-man
02-14-2008, 12:59 PM
theres really onely three reasons im gonna get one, 1 the site in my sig, 2 the stock enhanced stuff so it is great right out to the box un like the vs, and 3 i mean look at it its pretty, even though ill see if my red body kit works on it and put my freak on there

spyderpro
02-20-2008, 08:18 AM
hey i was going to get a rs and i was wondering if this asa would work?

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=nHX3SlZrmt33mxHX_BI34lyiokaoQtfan6A=?Pro ductID=XkbAqArbPHUAAAEW%2era9utAt

DFSniper
02-20-2008, 08:33 AM
i dont see why that asa shouldnt work...

why do you say that?

my bad, i was thinking of the MR3 shroud

spyderpro
02-22-2008, 09:22 AM
hey i was wondering if the new rs had the same chip set as the vs series tado board? and if the add on board from tado is worth getting for 20 dollars more or just to keep it stock if in fact they are the same?

Sonix_Nub3
02-25-2008, 01:57 PM
not a bad price.

king-man
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
hey i was wondering if the new rs had the same chip set as the vs series tado board? and if the add on board from tado is worth getting for 20 dollars more or just to keep it stock if in fact they are the same?

its not a board its a chip, and if buy shipset you mean software, its a stock tadao board, you could add the musashi chip and get all the extra features i suppose, unless they changed something on the way it goes on but id doubt it, basically its the same as the regular and the chip is just if you want the extra modes, like full auto, me, im fine with uncapped and capped semi, psp, and millinium and burst. you cant use full auto in most tourneys so i dont really care for it or any of the other modes

kramernator
02-25-2008, 06:25 PM
so i suppose that we are going to have a RS and RSX thread thing on the forums now to, right?

TheDarkShadow
02-25-2008, 06:34 PM
eventually

rommelr
02-25-2008, 09:17 PM
the rs/rsx series is on pre-order via actionvillage.com
priced @ 200bux & 270bux

SpyderMan723
02-26-2008, 05:00 AM
A friend of mine said he got a RS over feb vaca.

And I thought to myself...is he bs-ing me?or is he a /\/00|3 and confused the RS with the VS..

Do you think he could've gotten one?:dodgy:

He had to send it back because it wasnt in working condition..even though i told him i would fix it...

king-man
02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Hes bsing with u, he would have actually let u see it and try to fix it

SpyderMan723
02-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Yeh.

what a bum

spyderpro
02-29-2008, 08:14 AM
anybody know of any deals for the rs because it comes out tomorrow? the best deal i found was a free gear bag or marker case anyone find anything better?

king-man
02-29-2008, 08:20 AM
thats more than me, whered you find it?
also, THE RS'S COMES OUT TOMARROWWWW!!!! I can't wait till mine comes in

spyderpro
02-29-2008, 08:06 PM
the free gun case is here

http://www.paintball-online.com/paintball/Kingman-Spyder-RS-Paintball-Marker_prod_GNKRS

DRAGON
02-29-2008, 08:31 PM
anybody know of any deals for the rs because it comes out tomorrow? the best deal i found was a free gear bag or marker case anyone find anything better?

Since Kingman doesn't work on Saturday, the RS's won't be sent out to dealers till Monday. I hope to have an RSX in my hands by mid week -

king-man
03-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Since Kingman doesn't work on Saturday, the RS's won't be sent out to dealers till Monday. I hope to have an RSX in my hands by mid week -

they didn't send any to dealers before hand? i figured its like alot of things, especially video games, big ones that people really want like halo 3, our walmart had had them for two weeks before the initial release

kramernator
03-01-2008, 10:51 AM
yeah, they probably had them sitting in a back room for the past few weeks

king-man
03-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Has anyone got one yet or know somewhere where they are available? I pre-ordered one on actionvillage figguring they would get some in pretty quik but they said 3 weeks before their first shipment, i want one quick, no matter the price any one know where, mods, any of you guys know?

06mazdasicks
03-06-2008, 02:48 PM
i order from zephyrpaintball on the 3rd. it shipped on the 5th and will be here on the 11th.

king-man
03-06-2008, 06:12 PM
i kept asking them if they had them in stock but they never answered me so i went to tactical solutions, but now he hasnt contacted me about my tracking number and its starting to piss me off
EDIT jsut got an email, it shippd out the other da, he had jsut not been in the office to know where the trackin g number was but he got it to me and it comes in today,hoping that the dang weather doesn't get in the way,(Its Snowing, agian, omg for once i hate snow)

spyderpro
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey guys since the bodies of the vs3 and the rs are pretty must identical mirror and mirror do you think the vs body kits will work the same? the are $20 bucks right now any color and the spyder pages have rs body kits but not available yet should i just buy the vs body kit? the only question is the reg might be different but the eyes and feed neck and other stuff will still work.

king-man
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
I'd say they are the same

spyderpro
03-08-2008, 07:20 AM
i figured i would buy one now because then they will jack up the price and call it a rs kit. also the musashi chip does work on the rs boards thier is one video of the rs with the musashi chip on youtube shooting ropes of paint.

Zues
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Where can you get the RS Titanium body kit for the VS2 or VS3..??

king-man
03-08-2008, 01:47 PM
as of right now, nowhere

spray and pray
03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
titanium body kit will be dust..... :(
I polished mine so they look like mirrors :)

king-man
03-09-2008, 05:41 AM
is yours the one in the SOFTM tyed with mine?

spyderpro
03-26-2008, 05:04 AM
hey i finally got my rs the other day and the push buttons on the back didn't work. i took it apart and found out the the buttons where not making contact with the push membrane. i put a few pieces of paper between the membrane and the buttons. you guys have any ideas to fix this with out drilling i do not want to redrill the holes.

calisoldier85
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
i love my RSX is pretty advance compared to my vs1

king-man
03-26-2008, 01:03 PM
To spyderpro:
see if you could move the board closer to the mem pad side of it, i did that and now it the buttons work fine
To calisoldier85:
honestly what did you expect, RSX is way more advanced, 3G valve, sabre trigger which is alot better than i first thought it would be, the whole design is way cooler, teh on off asa, the fact that it blings when you bring it out and it blinds all your frinds, the Tadao Board, the actaully good reg, did i mention the blingness also?

Paintballadict18
03-27-2008, 08:55 PM
i havent been on in awhile sooo

Vid anyone? :D is there one out there or what

king-man
03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
you tube is your friend, search rsx test video mine shoot cum up on top

Paintballadict18
03-30-2008, 01:39 PM
great vid
love the pink tree :D

kramernator
03-30-2008, 05:43 PM
is there any place where i can get a rs under $200? even if it is a refurb?

mr1 sniper
03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
just wondering how come theres no forum for the rs/x on S.O.C. yet

bigred76
03-30-2008, 09:45 PM
My bet's that it's in the works. Give the mods time.

Cmudge26
04-13-2008, 04:40 AM
I own the Spyder RSX and tell you the truth it run sooo smoothly and i have Crossfire 68ci/4500psi HPA tank and man im in love with my gun... Obviously it sucks if you dont have a place to fill it up but man uses less air but more shots... like CO2 where it runs quickly... RSX is awesome

knuta
04-21-2008, 08:54 AM
I have a RSX and used it 4 times now, each time playing for a couple of hours. Shooting some 4000 pellets I am guessing.
It is very reliable and as fast as you probably want. I am using a HALO loader and HPA tank. Have not had a single break, and only once experienced that it did not cock properly.
I am a beginner at paintball and this is my first marker, so don't have much to compare with, but it is easy enough for me and so far very reliable. Even when using the ramping modes.

A couple of issues though. The feedneck(?) is too wide for my HALO loader, so I had to put tape around the HALO neck to make it stay attached to the marker and prevent it from falling off. The difference is quite big, the loader does not fit at all unless you roll a few rounds of tape around it.
Second issue, the ballstoppers fall out. I have lost three already and have only one left (if you don't know, there should be one pair of ballstoppers inside the "chamber" to stop the balls when coming down from the loader). The marker still works now with only one left, I have ordered new, but find it annoying that they would fall out so easily. Will try to glue them I think.
Finally, the balls seem to drift to the right at the end of their trajectory if you shoot at long distances. This is quite consistent so you can still aim somewhat by adjusting to the left, but it puzzles me. Have a friend with an RSX and he has the same issues as I have.
Been wondering what causes the right drift, the only thing not symmetric are the small air holes at the end of the barrel, wonder if that is what makes the balls drift.

Sorry if I used some wrong words, I am used to real guns and not quite into the paintball lingo yet.

d12pncakethief
06-08-2008, 02:24 PM
the rs is awesome i own one with a halo and hpa tank and wouldnt change it for anything right now

EyeMaster
06-10-2008, 05:41 AM
hey i finally got my rs the other day and the push buttons on the back didn't work. i took it apart and found out the the buttons where not making contact with the push membrane. i put a few pieces of paper between the membrane and the buttons. you guys have any ideas to fix this with out drilling i do not want to redrill the holes.

I had the exact same problem. Called Spyder and they wanted me to send in the gun, but I didn't have time for that.

I fixed the problem myself tho, I'll post some pics soon. Here's what you do.

1. Get yourself some epoxy or JBWeld (I used JBWeld).
2. Use rough grit sand paper and just pass 2-3 times at the tip of the buttons on the circuit board.
3. put a dab of JBWeld on each button, to about 1mm-2mm thick
4. Wait until it dries enough to manipulate, but not full dryness, and sand to the required thickness. Don't wait till it's fully cured to do this because you don't want to be rough on those buttons, they don't look too robust!

Problem solved.

Moving the circuit board wasn't an option as it didn't want to move at all. The screws would just bring it back again.

Hazmat13
07-15-2008, 07:58 PM
man, i own both RS and the RSX, they are KICK ASS! they have only a couple minor flaws.

1-the stock detents, but we've put the hazmat detents in ours, and now there is no problem

2-valve o-rings were no good on ours.

VicReschke0626
07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
I love my RS. Or should I say...my Super Bee.

Hazmat13
07-17-2008, 01:15 PM
so you're the dude on pbnation with the superbee... very nice :)