PDA

View Full Version : I want to switch to HPA

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 11:51 AM
I'd like to have the tank vest mounted (on my back) and use a remote line.
Does the regulator go on the tank or on the marker ? or both ?
What do I need to accomplish the above.
For reference my Local field fills both 3000 & 4500 PSI.

bamf-hacker
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM
there is a regulator on the HPA tank already. It drops the PSI from 3000 or 4500 down to about 800-850.

If you are using HPA then you don't need a regulator on your MR. The gun works at 800psi and the tank will put that out. A regulator is needed on the gun if you want to lower the psi bellow that of the output of the tank.

As for a tank, get a 4500psi tank. it will yield more shots per fill and if your field will fill up to 4500 then you cant go wrong.

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
ok. If the tank has the reg on it. I can run my remote from the tank to the ASA on my marker right ? ...Then what happens past that. What goes from the ASA to the marker itself ?

Hossy
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
the macro/steel hose that is already on your marker.

Yes you can do that.

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
the macro/steel hose that is already on your marker.

Yes you can do that.

sweet. Can I use the stock black hose that comes with the MR2. (I took mine off for the AK-47 Ex chamber)

wylde01
01-14-2008, 06:34 PM
yes you can.

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
ok. Now whats the differerence between low pressure tanks and high pressure tanks.

also most of the tanks I looked at ActionVillage do 850 PSI output and thats preset. If the Mr2 works at 800psi...? thats where the regulator comes in right....? what I am curious about though is that NONe of these tanks had a regulator on them...

The Booth Man
01-14-2008, 11:31 PM
ok. Now whats the differerence between low pressure tanks and high pressure tanks.

also most of the tanks I looked at ActionVillage do 850 PSI output and thats preset. If the Mr2 works at 800psi...? thats where the regulator comes in right....? what I am curious about though is that NONe of these tanks had a regulator on them...

I hope I can help clear up a few things about the operating pressure of the MR2 (or really any low-end paintball gun that is designed to use co2)

First of all, the reason why most HPA tanks are preset to 850 psi is because that is the pressure of co2 at room temperature. Lower the temperature lower the pressure, raise the temp. raise the pressure. Simple right? Right. Tippman and Kingman designed their markers to operate within a range of pressures. That is why they included a velocity adjustment screw. With their markers you don't need to have a regulator to have fun. You just screw the tank on the gun and you're set.

HPA is a little different. You NEED a regulator on the tank or else the 3000 psi coming out of the tank would damage your marker at best and probably hurt or kill someone at worst. So to answer your question: There will always be a regulator on a HPA tank.

What is the difference between a High Pressure tank and a Low Pressure tank?

Nothing. They are the same tanks with the same pressure inside the tank(3000 to 4500 psi). The difference is in the regulator. A low pressure tank usually has an output pressure below 450 psi while a high pressure tank has an output pressure at 850 psi. In my opinion, you would almost always be better off buying a tank with an output pressure of 850 psi.

SkinWalk3r
01-15-2008, 05:49 AM
ok. got it. makes sense. Thank you. What I am trying to wrap my head around is the difference in psi ..if the marker runs on 800psi and the tank outputs 850psi...what happens to that extra 50psi. What is controlling that. Isnt that extra pressure going to damage the gun ? I understand the velocity screw adjustment, but that controlls the PB velocity but what would control that extra pressure coming into the gun , considering that most of these tanks are present at about 850.psi.

So if one were to take a stock MR2 out of the box and desired to play with it using HPA and a Remote, all one would need is a HPA tank 3000-4500psi that has a regulator (or install one somewhere between the tank and marker) and the remote it self. Do they make special remotes for HPA ?or will the one I am using work ?

SkinWalk3r
01-15-2008, 12:04 PM
guys ??

ViperX
01-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Your over thinking it Skinwalk3r,

Don't worry about the extra 50 psi...The marker will work fine anywhere from 1000psi to close 400 psi and still function given some tweaking.

Even a regulated tank isn't going to put out exactly 850psi, it may be 830psi for one tank and 860 psi on another tank. it's not exact, the 850 is an average number afixed to the output. Manufacturing inconsistencies in both your tank and your marker will always be different from item to item. That's why there is no one way to dial in a marker, everyone's equipment is going to be unique and that's why what works for one won't always wor for the other.

SkinWalk3r
01-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Your over thinking it Skinwalk3r,

brother you hit whats been a big problem for me. LOL I am not kidding :p

The concern was for fear of mechanical damage. Thats all. But its good to know from you guys.

What good does an in-line regulator do then. If I dont need it then just type "no need". LOL

My aim is to have consistent good shots. If all I need is a 69ci/4500psi or more tank then I am set. (I hope)

I am trying to make sure I budget and plan everything out correctly.

chnk
01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
brother you hit whats been a big problem for me. LOL I am not kidding :p

The concern was for fear of mechanical damage. Thats all. But its good to know from you guys.

What good does an in-line regulator do then. If I dont need it then just type "no need". LOL

My aim is to have consistent good shots. If all I need is a 69ci/4500psi or more tank then I am set. (I hope)

I am trying to make sure I budget and plan everything out correctly.

an inline regulator is for consistency in higher bps,

without a good regulator when you start to reach high bps you'll notice a drop in shots.

note the mr2 is a high pressure gun. It normally runs around 800 psi. Cp regs have a maximum output of 500 psi with the high pressure ones and 350 for the low pressure ones.

with only 500 psi running through your marker it'll probably shoot low velocity.

to regain loss velocity you'll have to tune your marker for a lower pressure. This requires a number things you'll have to invest, like a high flowing valve, spring kit, a new bolt maybe. tuning isn't the easiest thing to do or hardest thing to do.

though low pressure conversions require to mess with the valve and main springs to gain desired velocity. though the mr valve springs are longer than regular spyder valve springs, so your tuning is limited to just messing with the main spring, which might not get desired results.

that can be fixed with tuning a rocket valve

so you'll have to consider this factor of the cp regs anf other regs with a maximum pressure output below 800 psi

they offer better performance from your marker but you'll have to retune your marker. honestly i say this ins't worth the trouble, i'd rather go out and have fun with my marker.

THOUGH

other regs offer maximum outputs of 800 psi like a palmers and bob long torpedo i believe(correct me if i'm wrong). Those don't fit into the forgrip perfectly and would probably require you to hollow out the fore grip to make room for the reg,

this way you have better consistency in shots without having to do major retuning

SkinWalk3r
01-16-2008, 05:47 AM
an inline regulator is for consistency in higher bps,

without a good regulator when you start to reach high bps you'll notice a drop in shots.

note the mr2 is a high pressure gun. It normally runs around 800 psi. Cp regs have a maximum output of 500 psi with the high pressure ones and 350 for the low pressure ones.

with only 500 psi running through your marker it'll probably shoot low velocity.

to regain loss velocity you'll have to tune your marker for a lower pressure. This requires a number things you'll have to invest, like a high flowing valve, spring kit, a new bolt maybe. tuning isn't the easiest thing to do or hardest thing to do.

though low pressure conversions require to mess with the valve and main springs to gain desired velocity. though the mr valve springs are longer than regular spyder valve springs, so your tuning is limited to just messing with the main spring, which might not get desired results.

that can be fixed with tuning a rocket valve

so you'll have to consider this factor of the cp regs anf other regs with a maximum pressure output below 800 psi

they offer better performance from your marker but you'll have to retune your marker. honestly i say this ins't worth the trouble, i'd rather go out and have fun with my marker.

THOUGH

other regs offer maximum outputs of 800 psi like a palmers and bob long torpedo i believe(correct me if i'm wrong). Those don't fit into the forgrip perfectly and would probably require you to hollow out the fore grip to make room for the reg,

this way you have better consistency in shots without having to do major retuning

wow ! that quite a bit. Let me see if I get you correctly.

You are NOT saying HPA is a hassle. What you are saying is adding a regulator to that set and tuning may be a hassle.

what do you use Co2 or HPA

druid
01-16-2008, 08:37 AM
Not really...what he's saying is that converting an MR series marker to LP is [sort of] a hastle because it requires longer valve springs than are available. Any other older Spyder can be converted more easily because the spring packs that are in existance are for the older models...

HPA alone is NOT a hassle. Get yourself an HP output tank, get it filled, screw it into the marker and go have fun...

SkinWalk3r
01-16-2008, 09:08 AM
HPA alone is NOT a hassle. Get yourself an HP output tank, get it filled, screw it into the marker and go have fun...

this I intend to do. Infact sometime today. I can still use a remote right. The hose will hold ?

ViperX
01-16-2008, 11:59 AM
The hose will hold, remember, the output from the tank is the same pressure as any co2 tank.(850psi)

SkinWalk3r
01-16-2008, 12:45 PM
cool. I am so excited. .....!

chnk
01-16-2008, 09:09 PM
wow ! that quite a bit. Let me see if I get you correctly.

You are NOT saying HPA is a hassle. What you are saying is adding a regulator to that set and tuning may be a hassle.

what do you use Co2 or HPA

i used hpa, my mr2 was converted to low pressure but i wasn't happy with the results so its back to high pressure for the time being

Not really...what he's saying is that converting an MR series marker to LP is [sort of] a hastle because it requires longer valve springs than are available. Any other older Spyder can be converted more easily because the spring packs that are in existance are for the older models...

QFT,

the only reason why i do lp conversions is because i enjoy messing with spyders and most importantly i have like 3 other markers when i don't tune the spyder right

just have fun,

if you feel you need better consistency in your shots later look into a high pressure reg that puts out 800 psi so you don't have to mess with tuning so much

SkinWalk3r
03-12-2008, 07:04 AM
If my pure energy tank out put is 800psi why is there a need for a regulator on top of that. ?? that just occured to me !