PDA

View Full Version : Whats this "CP Shorty" thing ?

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 07:12 AM
what is it , what does it do.....anyone here have one on their marker. I'd like to see the setup....

Hossy
01-14-2008, 07:18 AM
It is a reg

One is long, one is short. Its just for preference on your gun

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 07:54 AM
It is a reg

One is long, one is short. Its just for preference on your gun

prefernce over what ? the ex-chamber ? How hard is it to set up. Is it better than an ex

Hossy
01-14-2008, 08:10 AM
It is a regulator. It regulates the air that goes into the gun. One is made longer, and one is short. It is for your preference on how you want the gun to feel. For example I have big hands so I would prefer the longer one.

bamf-hacker
01-14-2008, 08:17 AM
It also dictaates how the fittings are attached. CP long regs have a set straight macro fitting where on the shorty reg you can put a 90* fitting on.

Long Reg:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/4163/1003778ma5.jpg

Shorty Reg:

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8898/img0220tz9.jpg

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 08:46 AM
OK. I see. Now as far as performance. Whats the scoop. BTW is the reg used to control the spped of the PB or do you still use the velocity screw for that ?

and is there a shorty one thats good for the MR. I heard that there is one called a "Palmer"

I am basically trying weigh the benefits of my AK-47 ex-chamber and the regulator. Trying to figure which one would be lighter and better in the long run .

ViperX
01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
The Ak-47 ex chamber is going to be heavier than the Cp reg by far.

Cp regs are typically favored(debatable I know) for HP air setups, where the AK47 Ex chamber is designed for CO2 use primarily, as it uses multiple expansion chambers to even out the pressure.

Using a regulator or an expansion chamber helps regulate the air coming out to be more consistent so when you fire, your balls will have a lower FPS(velocity) spread. It just keeps the flow of air more even, as large spikes or dips in your velocity will have an affect on how your accuracy is going to be. One ball going out a 275fps is going to hit a target differently than the next ball coming out at 250fps.

Performance is in the eye of the beholder, everyone has their favorite, everyone also has different setups so different applications will have different effects. There is no short-cut to it. Just have to find what works well for you.

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 09:49 AM
hmm. ok....the field I play at is a CO2 field I think. What happens if Co2 is used with a regulator. Not good ?

Hossy
01-14-2008, 10:19 AM
CP regs do not work with CO2

Get a torp or Palmers Stabalizer, or another reg that works with CO2

SkinWalk3r
01-14-2008, 10:31 AM
CP regs do not work with CO2

Get a torp or Palmers Stabalizer, or another reg that works with CO2

right before you posted that I was reading the HPA benefits and it seems I will like to go that way. I have a lot of velocity spikes where I play.

Ok GUYS DONT POST ANY FURTHER HERE.

I AM OPENING A DIFFERENT THREAD ON MY HPA QUESTION.
thansk for the anwers so far.