PDA

View Full Version : ion reg w/co2?

kramernator
01-13-2008, 05:50 PM
can i put an ion reg into a trinity front block and use co2 without an anti siphon tube?

druid
01-13-2008, 07:16 PM
1. can i put an ion reg into a trinity front block and
2. use co2 without an anti siphon tube?

1. Yes...it will fit.
2. yes...the antisiphon tube is more designed to be used in conjunction with the small tubing and noid...however the antisiphon tube in general is always a good idea, no matter what gun or reg you use.

3. My addition:

The Stock Ion reg only goes to 300 psi. If you plan on using it on a marker that operates at greater than that, it's not going to work for you regardless of airsource.

snoopdogg
01-14-2008, 09:17 PM
1. Yes...it will fit.
2. yes...the antisiphon tube is more designed to be used in conjunction with the small tubing and noid...however the antisiphon tube in general is always a good idea, no matter what gun or reg you use.

3. My addition:

The Stock Ion reg only goes to 300 psi. If you plan on using it on a marker that operates at greater than that, it's not going to work for you regardless of airsource.

i recemond that u dont do that just spend that extra 60bucks or so to buy a hpa tank because i have a ion used a co2 tank with n anti-siphon tube on it and i shot it still messed up my gun it still picks up some liquid co2 like it'll evaporate in the gun or something but i ruined my gun sent it in and luckly they gave me another one for free because it was under the warranty but took forever so just buy a hpa tank lot smarter thing to do.

also i dont noe wat u mean but u can run a tank at 850psi and the regulator would just change it to below 300psi

druid
01-15-2008, 12:06 AM
i recemond that u dont do that just spend that extra 60bucks or so to buy a hpa tank because i have a ion used a co2 tank with n anti-siphon tube on it and i shot it still messed up my gun it still picks up some liquid co2 like it'll evaporate in the gun or something but i ruined my gun sent it in and luckly they gave me another one for free because it was under the warranty but took forever so just buy a hpa tank lot smarter thing to do.

also i dont noe wat u mean but u can run a tank at 850psi and the regulator would just change it to below 300psi

Dude. There's this thing on your keyboard called a period - and it looks like this
"." It's not an overrated thing...try it sometime.

and he's not asking about using air...he's worried if the non-antisiphonned CO2 is going to ruin seals and ORings inside the regulator. The direct answer to that is not really, not immediately.

You are told to use antisiphoned CO2 in an Ion is because of the hoses and noid, more than the reg. The reg's actually a pretty good one...high flowing and pretty consistant when broken in/maintained properly...it's just a PITA to maintain because of it's design. It's a lot like an Autococker reg with a different adjustment method.

I only mentioned it's psi range because as I read his post, I was envisioning him Ottermodding his marker to LP and using the Ion reg because they are found cheaply on-line. That is why I suggested NOT using the Ion reg...it's 300 psi limit. Most LP Spyders operate anywhere from 400-550 psi (or there-abouts) and the Ion reg won't do him justice.

If this was his intent, then I suggest a Bob Long Torpedo (any year/design) or a Palmer's Stabilizer.