PDA

View Full Version : using a lot of air

PAINTBALLWIZ
01-13-2008, 02:48 PM
just got a new vs3 i cant even get but about 300 sh0ts out of a 3000 nitrogen tank the reg is set checked the tank no leaks any ideas:mad:

Hossy
01-13-2008, 02:53 PM
what are you running the gun at?
what size tank are you using?

king-man
01-13-2008, 02:55 PM
1: is it on all the way
2: is your asa turned all the way to the on side, if its rite at it, it will turn itself off.
3: What PSI are you running
4: What kind of tank is it?
And Lastly have you taken your gun apart before

Oh and welcom to the forums:)

EDIT if your using a 48 or lower thats pretty normal, depening on what your running your gun on, when i got mine before my cp, i had to have it atleast 250 which drained a 72 pretty quick

king-man
01-13-2008, 02:56 PM
lol, we posted at the same time

PAINTBALLWIZ
01-13-2008, 04:20 PM
its a 48 3000 the asa is all the way on but the reg i think is about rite i have a mr3 and i can empty 6 pods and a hopper on the same tank.my mr3 has a hyrid sparta reg cp drop as well as a asa polished enternals with a fasta hopper and a cp .685 barrell.thats what i cant figure out.why it uses less air than the vs3

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 04:41 PM
its a 48 3000 the asa is all the way on but the reg i think is about rite i have a mr3 and i can empty 6 pods and a hopper on the same tank.my mr3 has a hyrid sparta reg cp drop as well as a asa polished enternals with a fasta hopper and a cp .685 barrell.thats what i cant figure out.why it uses less air than the vs3

post a pic of your MR3:D if you dont mind that is
Im curious to see what it looks lke

Hossy
01-13-2008, 04:42 PM
I bet your using alot more air than you should.
Check the reg and let us know what PSI your running it at.

king-man
01-13-2008, 05:25 PM
turn your psi to 180 and shoot it and raise it up little by little untill you can shoot 20 balls really quik without reckoking issues, run this fir about 10k shots and adjust again it should be about 10-20 psi lower

PAINTBALLWIZ
01-13-2008, 05:29 PM
i will post pick tomarrow of my mr3 i have not got a gage on it yet i have to pick up the pieces for it first.i had to cut the shroud to fit the rg.:D i'm also getting ready to install a madman high flo valve and needle as well as a virtue board.but as far as the vs3 i cant read the pressure.when i took it out of the box and aired it up the gage is stuck on three hundred so i dont know.i did take it apart for the first time today the screw that holds the valve was all the way lose and i found a small chunk of one of the o-rings that is probably whats wrong we will find out soon.

king-man
01-13-2008, 06:05 PM
did u shoot the air out, u may have had the reg up to high and screwed the gauge up

swoosh81
01-17-2008, 03:10 PM
but as far as the vs3 i cant read the pressure.when i took it out of the box and aired it up the gage is stuck on three hundred so i dont know.i did take it apart for the first time today the screw that holds the valve was all the way lose and i found a small chunk of one of the o-rings that is probably whats wrong we will find out soon.

Look in your manual to see how to adjust reg. pressure. Once you do turn it completely off. Attach your bottle and turn the on/off knob to on. Your gauge should read 0 if it doesn't you broke the gauge, get a new one. Once you've done that slowly turn up the reg. pressure to between 200-250 psi, whatever it needs to be able to recock.