PDA

View Full Version : Help!

paintballkid0206
01-13-2008, 11:15 AM
As some of you know, my hose for my MR1 has a kink in it. well, my friends say that it is a minor kink and it will still work. So i put my marker back together, and it leaks. I figured, ok i should just tighted it. I tried it again, and still a leak from where the ASA and the hose meet on the top. So i tighten it again and this time it started to sound really weird. I heard something that sounds like a leak, but sounded more hollow and not a hissing sound. I check to see if there is a leak, but after moving my hand around the area to see if i could feel anything, i notice that there is no leak. So i think that it might be coming from inside the tank. I thought that maybe, the kink in the hose is partially blocking off some of the movement of the Co2 and is causing the rest to go back into the tank, making that really weird noise. Anyone have any other ideas or ways to fix it????

vwjimmy
01-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Is the leak comming from the ASA area? Maybe your tank oring is bad.....

paintballkid0206
01-13-2008, 02:43 PM
As far as i could tell, there was no Co2 coming from the marker out. (nothing that you can feel). i will try to air it up again soon to see what's up.

ooglieboogliebob
01-13-2008, 03:40 PM
wrap some teflon tape around the threads of the steel braided hose of where it's leaking. Another O-ring really isn't needed. Remember to wrap the teflon going with the threads or else it will unravel as you screw it back in. 2-3 wraps should do you good.

The kink in the Steel braided hose shouldn't do any harm. If you really think the kink is the problem, take a wrench and push the corners back in. I really doubt the kink is the problem unless you have it to the point where no air would come through ... even still if you have a nice seal your gun just wouldn't fire. No leaking sounds....

Ahh, and it could also be the tank O-ring. Tank O-rings are size 15. I usually go for the Buna o-rings, but the Urethane ones will work too, they just break easier. (the ones they sell at the store)

paintballkid0206
01-13-2008, 03:53 PM
is teflon tape the same as plumber's thread tape? it doesnt seem like a leak that is pushing the air out of the hose (or any other area). It seems like something that is going on inside the gun/tank.

SpyderMan723
01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
throw some oil into the asa and shoot, to find out where the leak is

deano 177
01-13-2008, 07:01 PM
My first MR1 from right out of the box leaked. I took it back and exchanged it. Put the tank on and take the hopper off. Listen in the feed neck. You may be able to hear it really well from there. If that is the case it may be the orings that are around the valve body. # 14 here (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr1.pdf). If so you will need to change those. once done put the co2 back on and see if it still leaks.

Mattbur
01-14-2008, 04:36 AM
My first MR1 from right out of the box leaked. I took it back and exchanged it. Put the tank on and take the hopper off. Listen in the feed neck. You may be able to hear it really well from there. If that is the case it may be the orings that are around the valve body. # 14 here (http://www.spyder.tv/section/support/diagrams/mr1.pdf). If so you will need to change those. once done put the co2 back on and see if it still leaks.

I have to agree with you, i had the same problem with my valve body, replaced the o rings and its been fine ever since:D